-

So, read the thing here:

Toxic Rain

**The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered.
**Each Spore Pod now applies 5% less Movement Speed to nearby Enemies (previously 10%), to a maximum of 30% (previously 60%).

So, I am guessing some number crunching is going to be needed here to see what kind of AOE we want (if any) to try and overlap pods if possible? I mean, I get what GGG is going for here, but still a bit of a head-scratcher for now. Also, for others interested in other changes:

The Cluster Jewel notable Wicked Pall now grants 30% increased Chaos Damage (previously 35%) and 5% increased Skill Effect Duration (previously 10%).

The Cluster Jewel notable Tempered Arrowheads now causes Bow Skills to have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration (previously 20%).

The Cluster Jewel notable Exposure Therapy now grants a +8% to Damage over Time Multiplier (previously +10%).

Probably missed a few other things, but that's what I saw for now.
If AoE radius increases spread now, then you want exactly 0 AoE radius. The skill gem is absolutely dead now, there goes the "diversity" GGG is so worried about lol.
"
idkwat wrote:
If AoE radius increases spread now, then you want exactly 0 AoE radius. The skill gem is absolutely dead now, there goes the "diversity" GGG is so worried about lol.

then don't get more aoe then and try to reduce your aoe with conc effect?
Somebody decided it was time to destroy Toxic Rain. So what's the skill that replaces it?
"
ComfyExo wrote:
"
idkwat wrote:

then don't get more aoe then and try to reduce your aoe with conc effect?

You can do what you like, personally I won't be wasting my time on dead builds.
Seems like a bit of over reaction going on. Looking forward to what Remi has to say.
"
The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers.

the absolute worst case scenario. i knew they were going to do it this way, but i hoped they were going to just reduce the projectiles and dmg a bit.

so basically now it scales area like rain of arrows does. the more inc area you have, the more spread (previously only +arrows gave that) AND the more pod area you have (previously this is all +aoe did, to increase overlap)

so basically sources of +area will not change your single target at all. it will merely change your clear speed by having more aoe and more spread. it should equal out to about the same as well.

so the opposite is true as well. a smaller radius or things like conc effect will not increase your single target either because at the same ratio (assuming) the spread and aoe should be both reduced or increased. again just like rain of arrows.

so basically.....the top end of TR for bossing just got absolutely fucking shit on, and its much worse then what we could have hoped for (20% dmg reduction and less projectiles).

basically this skill will still be amazing for league starting and early mapping, but it will really struggle with taking down the end game bosses.
i'd be guessing you'll maximum be able to get 4 projectile overlap now. i dunno, on my current build i get like 7-8 because of my +aoe%, which is massive. so this essentially HALVES my damage.

it should cut majority of TR builds damage by about 35-40%, i'd guess.

TLDR: basically there is no way you can get more overlap, which was the crux of TRs top end damage
Last edited by xMustard on Apr 13, 2021, 8:54:38 PM
are you gonna make an update for 3.14??
Have to wait for the pob to update, the remi will fix it after that, clarify the proposed changes and problems.
Last edited by Alkatraz_BR on Apr 13, 2021, 9:22:54 PM
Hopefully he'll make a new build guide if TR is not worth it anymore. Love his guides.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info