-

Sorry for double post, but I have a question.

How important is the quality on the Toxic Rain gem early on?
Is it more important to get a 21/0 gem or just get 20/20 to later upgrade to 21/23?
about quality it's 0.5% area per % so 1.5% for 3pts

about 21 it's in the wiki :
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Toxic_Rain

+1% effectivness, +1.2% domage multi,+30.3 chaos dps

don't know exactly how dps make this but you could easely check on pob and try, but ....... really easy choice.

and it's not a 21/0, but a 21/20.

"
laurent67 wrote:
about quality it's 0.5% area per % so 1.5% for 3pts

about 21 it's in the wiki :
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Toxic_Rain

+1% effectivness, +1.2% domage multi,+30.3 chaos dps

don't know exactly how dps make this but you could easely check on pob and try, but ....... really easy choice.

and it's not a 21/0, but a 21/20.

I know ideally 21/20 or 21/23, but that's my point, is it worth it to just vaal a bunch of 0 quality lvl 20 gems in hopes to get 21/0 or just flip them to 20 quality first, and this is strictly early on, to get better damage or AoE, what would be better early until we can afford a 21/23.

PoB doesn't account the AoE and overlap for damage so a lvl 21 gem is always gonna be stronger in PoB, I wanted to know if someone tested this in game or something.

Hope this clears up my question.
"
Kmiec wrote:

Is it more important to get a 21/0 gem or just get 20/20 to later upgrade to 21/23?
It's not important at all.

Going from lvl 20 to 21 is a sizable damage boost.

Getting 10% increased area when you're at 150% or so increased area (PF + carcass jack + dying sun + flask effectiveness buffs + passive tree) already is next to nothing. 10% increased area is also not 10% radius, it's much less (you need 4x the amount of inc aoe to get double the radius), so the potential of getting extra pod overlap is very low likeliness. While gem level always gives you a damage boost.

Buying a 21/0 from lvl 20 is a big boost. Buying 21/20 or 21/23 from 21/0 is a luxury upgrade if you wish to keep throwing currency at the build. Don't prio it until you buy other gear pieces.

You can level spares in weapon swap for flipping quality and corrupting but do not do this on your main gem, will hurt your farming speed.
ha ok

personaly i always try with 20/20, (pex 3tr in second stuff).
in maybe in couple of day we can buy cheap TR at 15% qual if have bad luck with corrupton.

in this case it's 10% area, i pref to keep it.(i know i don't like to have a 21 and no quality, and have to do it again)

mean you have better to try in pob for check,
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Kmiec wrote:

It's not important at all.

Going from lvl 20 to 21 is a sizable damage boost.

Getting 10% increased area when you're at 150% or so increased area (PF + carcass jack + dying sun + flask effectiveness buffs + passive tree) already is next to nothing. 10% increased area is also not 10% radius, it's much less (you need 4x the amount of inc aoe to get double the radius), so the potential of getting extra pod overlap is very low likeliness. While gem level always gives you a damage boost.

Buying a 21/0 from lvl 20 is a big boost. Buying 21/20 or 21/23 from 21/0 is a luxury upgrade if you wish to keep throwing currency at the build. Don't prio it until you buy other gear pieces.

You can level spares in weapon swap for flipping quality and corrupting but do not do this on your main gem, will hurt your farming speed.

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for.
"
Kmiec wrote:

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for.
Rule of thumb if you play with skill that scales damage per gem level like: spells, chaos dot, ele hit, gem level > quality.

If you play skills that scale with weapon damage like melee or ice shot, then it's probably the other way around.
Quill rain's base is short bow for anyone who didn't know. 1.50 AS very fast and you can get it from vendor 4l if you're lucky.

and for OP, how much will it hurt my hand playing this build?

played frost blades last leagues and it hurts. badly.
Need more frontal assets and backal assets armor!
Are the skill trees or PoB updated for 3.11?
Hi, I'm act 4 currently and having serious mana issues. How do we get mana in this build? Do I have to use mana flasks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info