[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
zsirfoka wrote:
It would make a good league starter except for the body armor. I thinks there is very little chance you will ever find a skin of the lords with pain attunement and good colours.

It's the end of league in Kalandra and there is 0 on trade with these 2 properties.

You don't need it for a smooth start, generic 4-5 link armour with life-res (I used 4 link before getting to maps) into a better 6-link armour with life-res into +1 skills Skin into +2 skills Skin with a cheaper Keystone (having Call to Arms keystone for instant Infernal Cry was fun when I still needed the warcry) into +2 skills Pain Attunement Skin had been a pretty smooth curve for me at the beginning of the league, having no experience with chanelling skills before too.

And even if you get "stuck" at a certain point (e.g. waiting or saving up for PA Skin) there're plenty of other upgrades you can work on in the meantime and/or path to PA node on the tree yourself if you really want it asap - I did that myself and IIRC there's a 2nd skill tree in the PoB with PA node taken too.
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 4, 2022, 8:52:24 AM
I would like to ask that why are we using Coward's Legacy rather than Arn's Anguish? You can sustain the brutal charger with cluster notable (for example) that gives endurance charges while channeling and it should give you roughly the same damage without the downside of having to deal with the curse. On top of that it gives a decent amount of life, armor and fire resistances. You lose the endurance charges but gain quite a bit and don't have to deal with pain attunement. To me Arn's seems like a superior belt easily, why is it not used?

Would you like to elaborate the actual differences between Stampede and Legacy of Fury boots. How do they compare, other gives additional annount + you can use Natural affinity jewel (if it even drops after jewel changes). The other gives scorch and improved clearspeed?

"
Nakkihaukka wrote:
I would like to ask that why are we using Coward's Legacy rather than Arn's Anguish? You can sustain the brutal charger with cluster notable (for example) that gives endurance charges while channeling and it should give you roughly the same damage without the downside of having to deal with the curse. On top of that it gives a decent amount of life, armor and fire resistances. You lose the endurance charges but gain quite a bit and don't have to deal with pain attunement. To me Arn's seems like a superior belt easily, why is it not used?

Would you like to elaborate the actual differences between Stampede and Legacy of Fury boots. How do they compare, other gives additional annount + you can use Natural affinity jewel (if it even drops after jewel changes). The other gives scorch and improved clearspeed?

Hey,

Good point on the belt!

I tried it in my PoB and the dps is indeed equal.

The downside is having to build up the charges first before having the same dps. With Coward's, the dmg increase is there all the time.
And you lose out on the extra defence from the Endurance charges ofcourse.

Upside is that this could potentially also mean that you can buy a cheaper Watcher's Eye, and indeed get better stats from the belt.

I think I personally prefer the dmg to be there all the time, but please do try it out ^^
I'm curious to read about your findings.

Stampede boots are used to counter the downside of the Nature's Patience keystone.
With Legacy of Fury, you'll be very slow most of the times.

Greetz
Last edited by Claeysken on Dec 8, 2022, 12:05:02 PM
Well you basically channel few seconds at the beginning of the map and you can easily sustain the endurance(or in this case brutal) charges easily during the whole map and every boss fight so few second ramp up time would mean like 99% uptime?

Capping elemental resistances seem fairly doable, is the build getting killed by physical damage, will it miss the % flat phys reduction of endurance charges? Can we make up for this with changes to Whatcher's eye as we no longer need that vulnerability immunity on it?

If you compare Stampede boots WITH the Nature's keystone vs Legacy of Fury WITHOUT the keystone but with the built in scorch, you yet again have the same dmg profile, but yes, 30% additional ms is slower than 150% base movement speed.

So with Stampede you get extra annoint and 150% movement
With Legacy of Fury you get 30% movement speed (still affected by hinder etc), but you get nice aoe clear from the burn AND you free up a sockset slot to put in a "normal" jewel.

Is extra annoint better than free jewel slot?
Is 150% base movement (always on) better than 30% flat ms and that burn for clearing purposes?

I tend to use movement skills quite a lot for moving anyway (thinking of doing lightning warp) or just go bodyswap cwc for mapping so I would take it that ms is not that big of a win for the Stampedes?

I will try to build this somehow next league and I just might have the motivation to update you on my findings if/when there's any :D
Last edited by Nakkihaukka on Dec 8, 2022, 1:19:29 PM
"
Nakkihaukka wrote:

I tend to use movement skills quite a lot for moving anyway (thinking of doing lightning warp) or just go bodyswap cwc for mapping so I would take it that ms is not that big of a win for the Stampedes?

I will try to build this somehow next league and I just might have the motivation to update you on my findings if/when there's any :D

Speaking of Lightning Warp, since it's not instant cast time you can use it to release Incinerate's 10th stage wave for burst - I did that with regular Flame Dash to simulate the culling effect lol, though ofc you can do it with just a left click too. Although that's not a very controllable thing for my bodyswap version as it's hard to aim the last wave and you can miss it.

Once I switched to Divergent Incinerate I didn't want to ever stop channeling in the fight anyway, so I started using Frostblink instead of Flame Dash for instant repositioning that didn't lose me the channeling stacks. You also get "free" chill that in my opinion makes %30-50 damage with hits against chilled enemies Alva mod pretty desirable, thanks to Frostblink chill (uptime) being much more reliable than Arctic Armour chill.
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 8, 2022, 2:04:01 PM
"
MrCinos wrote:
Once I switched to Divergent Incinerate I didn't want to ever stop channeling in the fight anyway, so I started using Frostblink instead of Flame Dash for instant repositioning that didn't lose me the channeling stacks. You also get "free" chill that in my opinion makes %30-50 damage with hits against chilled enemies Alva mod pretty desirable, thanks to Frostblink chill (uptime) being much more reliable than Arctic Armour chill.

I am going to give your bodyswap build a chance in this league! Excited to try it out.

I know I probably shouldn't be league starting with it...hoping I can get in a good position to farm some low-tier maps with it until I get enough currency to buy what I need.
"

I know I probably shouldn't be league starting with it...hoping I can get in a good position to farm some low-tier maps with it until I get enough currency to buy what I need.

I personally thought it was a great league starter and power-scaling felt very smooth/gradual without me getting stuck much at any point. I started using Bodyswap-CwC setup starting pretty early, from level 80 on a ~1 div budget. Ofc I still had few instances where I had to swap the two gems for (very) few unique/boss encounters where careful positioning is mandatory. But when it comes to Archnemesis rares, I still remember that I had to skip only a couple ones when they still weren't nerfed and could stack resistance modifiers on top of each other.

Overall you can comfortably follow this thread guide/PoB for a while and then adjust as you see fit on 80+. Equip can largely stay the same - though the boots should definitely be different - a good rare boots / legacy of fury for DPS. I'd also recommend trying Asenath's Gloves once you can ran two curses (so that your Flammability isn't overwritten) and sorted out the resistances (I used res flask with the gloves cause I had too many uniques on me) for general mapping. It's a huge mapping QoL when your DPS isn't very high yet.
Other than boots, the other big difference is that you don't need immune to stun jewels, use Soul of the Brine King pantheon early until you get awakened cast while channeling support (level 5 or technially less with Empower) to not be bothered with stuns anymore and then you can switch to another major pantheon. Also, while you don't get interrupted from stuns with this setup, the game still procs stuns on you just without any negative effect for the character. This enables you to use Divirgent Cast-When-Stunned support gem, a superior version of CWDT (no limits when it comes to levels of supported gems) in this build for auto-triggers when you get hit.

Another important thing about using Incinerate-Cwc-Bodyswap:
- for things like Inexorable, Ralakesh boots and many other nodes/abilities when the effect is activated "while stationary" - they all still work. But they don't when the effect in description is enabled "while stationary for/per/every second" like Nature's Patience, Unfaltering node (regen bit) or Soul of Tukohama minor Pantheon, make sure to notice the diffence.

P.S. My 3.19 character literally got 2x increase in Total DPS after PoB 3.20 upgrade, damn. Running 3 curses was the reason for that I guess. Now it's going to be even harder for me to consider something other than Whispers of Doom as anoint.
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 10, 2022, 4:40:28 AM
"
MrCinos wrote:
"

I personally thought it was a great league starter and power-scaling felt very smooth/gradual without me getting stuck much at any point. I started using Bodyswap-CwC setup starting pretty early, from level 80 on a ~1 div budget. Ofc I still had few instances where I had to swap the two gems for (very) few unique/boss encounters where careful positioning is mandatory. But when it comes to Archnemesis rares, I still remember that I had to skip only a couple ones when they still weren't nerfed and could stack resistance modifiers on top of each other.

Overall you can comfortably follow this thread guide/PoB for a while and then adjust as you see fit on 80+. Equip can largely stay the same - though the boots should definitely be different - a good rare boots / legacy of fury for DPS. I'd also recommend trying Asenath's Gloves once you can ran two curses (so that your Flammability isn't overwritten) and sorted out the resistances (I used res flask with the gloves cause I had too many uniques on me) for general mapping. It's a huge mapping QoL when your DPS isn't very high yet.
Other than boots, the other big difference is that you don't need immune to stun jewels, use Soul of the Brine King pantheon early until you get awakened cast while channeling support (level 5 or technially less with Empower) to not be bothered with stuns anymore and then you can switch to another major pantheon. Also, while you don't get interrupted from stuns with this setup, the game still procs stuns on you just without any negative effect for the character. This enables you to use Divirgent Cast-When-Stunned support gem, a superior version of CWDT (no limits when it comes to levels of supported gems) in this build for auto-triggers when you get hit.

Another important thing about using Incinerate-Cwc-Bodyswap:
- for things like Inexorable, Ralakesh boots and many other nodes/abilities when the effect is activated "while stationary" - they all still work. But they don't when the effect in description is enabled "while stationary for/per/every second" like Nature's Patience, Unfaltering node (regen bit) or Soul of Tukohama minor Pantheon, make sure to notice the diffence.

P.S. My 3.19 character literally got 2x increase in Total DPS after PoB 3.20 upgrade, damn. Running 3 curses was the reason for that I guess. Now it's going to be even harder for me to consider something other than Whispers of Doom as anoint.

Thank you for the tips. Lots to try and understand lol. I just finished the story, so trying to get some starter items to get me into yellow maps. Hard to do on a 8 chaos budget, so we shall see what I can do.
For the bodyswap build, what is the easy way to make corpses explode again? I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find it...I've spent like an hour searching lol
"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:
For the bodyswap build, what is the easy way to make corpses explode again? I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find it...I've spent like an hour searching lol

Hey,

What do you mean?

If you put it on left mouse button you can keep Bodyswap pressed fulltime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info