[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
"

I am running with Determination, Purity of Elements, and Tempest Shield.

You are already shock immune from Tempest Shield and can get freeze immunity from Bring King, leaving only Ignite as the major one to cover (which you can put on a flask). I think you can get better value replacing purity of elements with something else, maybe Herald of Ash and Vitality. If you use Arctic Armor instead of Vitality then you get freeze immune there and a lot of damage reduced from hits. AFAIK the other ailments like sap/brittle/etc are not that common

Purity of Elements is required in the Inquisitor build because we have only one rare at end game to help with elemental resists. Purity of Elements helps cap us much easier. I don't require it right now but I prefer having the core items in place as I get closer to the end game build.

Also, we use Arakali as major god to help with Righteous Fire sustain so we won't be using Brine King.

Herald of Ash will 100% be part of the final build along with the other auras once I get an enlighten in place. I just don't need the damage right now so I am not using it to fit in the other auras (also running Defiance Banner on top of the others I mentioned).
Ah kk, I have to admit I'm not following all the builds that closely, but I am still interested and invested :)

My scorching ray totem guy is doing fine, but now I suspect I will need more investment than this incinerate build to feel strong (like 6-7M DPS for maybe 15X?). A good weapon is a 2-3X I think. But it is nice having totems tank the mobs, and me not having to hold down incinerate. Shaper beam MTX is also just fun to look it :D
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
Guys,

I just got Unnerve from spamming the new currency on my gloves.

That was a fantastic implicit! What tier/type of ichor currency did you use?

I think this was with the second tier (greater I think),
But even if you get it on the lowest tier, it's still 10% chance (which would be the same as what Awakened Contr Des would give) and with Incinerate hitting so fast, doesn't really make a difference.
Btw the direblade incinerate effect is on sale right now (140 -> 105)

It's really the blue flame with some purple added, so may not be worth the extra $8, but it's purple XD
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Feb 9, 2022, 2:29:43 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Btw the direblade incinerate effect is on sale right now (140 -> 105)

It's really the blue flame with some purple added, so may not be worth the extra $8, but it's purple XD

I gotta check that out! I do have points to spend. Love the Atlas changes so much I bought a $60 supporter pack for the first time in a couple years.
oh boy is this going to be fun!!

I finished the campaign at level 68 and went straight to do an 8 modded tier 8 map and I made it through fairly easy. I only have 2 ascendency points and I did not even clean up my resists after Katava!!

I will get my 3rd ascendency next and clean up the resist and then go full bore currency generating mode on this awesome atlas! I think my first buy from this point is going to be a Thread of Hope to help clean up my some what messy passive tree.
"
oh boy is this going to be fun!!

I finished the campaign at level 68 and went straight to do an 8 modded tier 8 map and I made it through fairly easy. I only have 2 ascendency points and I did not even clean up my resists after Katava!!

I will get my 3rd ascendency next and clean up the resist and then go full bore currency generating mode on this awesome atlas! I think my first buy from this point is going to be a Thread of Hope to help clean up my some what messy passive tree.

Sweet keep us posted on the progress Andy! I am still playing my league starter (perma freeze crackling lance). I'm going to roll inquisitor once i can afford leadership's price + most of the other gear.

the amulet is still expensive...so are the twins contracts.

also i was trying to make inquisitor version tankier without losing too much DPS. Seems the new forbidden flesh/flame jewels with bastion of hope are not expensive at all (less than 1 ex each!!!). with bastion of hope, we can spec out of glancing blow and inquisitor's tankiness should be on par with guardian!

The jewels with harmony of purpose on the other hand are currently pretty expensive - 5-8ex each.
"
8r3nt wrote:

also i was trying to make inquisitor version tankier without losing too much DPS. Seems the new forbidden flesh/flame jewels with bastion of hope are not expensive at all (less than 1 ex each!!!). with bastion of hope, we can spec out of glancing blow and inquisitor's tankiness should be on par with guardian!

oh wow that is much cheaper than I first expected. I will have to weigh using two rare jewel slots for those. If I don't need the rare jewels to balance the stats for int and str I will consider it.

My spell block would be very low though with out Glancing Blows...I need the doubling effect of Glancing Blows to get my spell block capped. Unless I am misunderstanding how Bastion works, it seems like it only gives 10% to spell block which will leave me far below cap. I think this works better in the Guardian version than the Inquisitor version because Spell Block is almost capped in Guardian with out the need for Glancing Blows.

I might save up for Harmony of Purpose though, that looks wonderful...!

These are decisions a long ways from where I am now though :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 9, 2022, 8:04:17 PM
"
"
8r3nt wrote:

oh wow that is much cheaper than I first expected. I will have to weigh using two rare jewel slots for those. If I don't need the rare jewels to balance the stats for int and str I will consider it.

My spell block would be very low though with out Glancing Blows...I need the doubling effect of Glancing Blows to get my spell block capped. Unless I am misunderstanding how Bastion works, it seems like it only gives 10% to spell block which will leave me far below cap. I think this works better in the Guardian version than the Inquisitor version because Spell Block is almost capped in Guardian with out the need for Glancing Blows.

https://pastebin.com/KEssmV1u

slightly modified the tree & jewels. you lose a bit of dps, but ehp went from 140k to 392k :) think this is the version im going for.

to cap spell block, you need:
arcane guardian wheel - 16%
2 x stoic focus - 6% (you dont need unwavering focus any more since bastion of hope gives you stun immunity)
(optional) divergent tempest shield gives you an additional 2%

edit: also you don't need any attribute from jewels for this version, just need to make sure strength from circle of anguish match exactly the int from asenath gentle touch :)
Last edited by 8r3nt on Feb 9, 2022, 8:57:11 PM
"
8r3nt wrote:
"
"
8r3nt wrote:

https://pastebin.com/KEssmV1u

slightly modified the tree & jewels. you lose a bit of dps, but ehp went from 140k to 392k :) think this is the version im going for.

to cap spell block, you need:
arcane guardian wheel - 16%
2 x stoic focus - 6% (you dont need unwavering focus any more since bastion of hope gives you stun immunity)
(optional) divergent tempest shield gives you an additional 2%

edit: also you don't need any attribute from jewels for this version, just need to make sure strength from circle of anguish match exactly the int from asenath gentle touch :)
Last edited by 8r3nt on Feb 9, 2022, 9:20:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info