[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Hmm, I suddenly remembered Charging Offensive (10% chance to get endurance when hit while channeling, 10% chance to get frenzy when hit while channeling) but it doesn't seem to be in the POB anymore. Stealth nerf?
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Hmm, I suddenly remembered Charging Offensive (10% chance to get endurance when hit while channeling, 10% chance to get frenzy when hit while channeling) but it doesn't seem to be in the POB anymore. Stealth nerf?

They removed almost every channeling node in the 3.16 tree because you know, we were so meta.... :( Charging Offensive was part of the removal.

They added some similar items to masteries but they are more for attack builds.

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Thanks for the reminder about arcane surge. I found this for 25C and the extra cast speed gave me another 4% DPS! :D

Oblivion Eye
Large Cluster Jewel
Item Level: 79
LevelReq: 54
Implicits: 3
{crafted}Adds 8 Passive Skills
{crafted}2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets
{crafted}Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Spell Damage
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: 2% increased Cast Speed
1 Added Passive Skill is Arcane Adept
1 Added Passive Skill is Essence Rush
1 Added Passive Skill is Practiced Caster
Note: ~price 25 chaos

Nice!! But that still leaves a hole I think.

The three nodes we want are:

Arcane Adept (to proc Arcane Surge any time we start channeling against any monster)
Essence Rush (for leech)
Arcane Heroism (for improved Arcane Surge buff and to keep Arcane Surge up 100% of the time when bossing, which is something Arcane Adept can't do alone)
Hmm good point, but arcane surge lasts 4 seconds, and arcane adept will kick in after a second. Good enough for now :D

Arcane Heroism is actually less of a DPS than I thought, I think it's like 2.7% or something.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Nov 9, 2021, 3:44:06 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Hmm good point, but arcane surge lasts 4 seconds, and arcane adept will kick in after a second. Good enough for now :D

Arcane Heroism is actually less of a DPS than I thought, I think it's like 2.7% or something.

That is not how it works.

Arcane Adept procs Arcane Surge only once. After the 4 seconds it is gone. The only way to get it back is to stop channeling and then restart up again so that Arcane Adept can re proc. This obviously drops the DPS through the floor because you have to start channeling all over again at the low levels.

The power of Arcane Heroism can't be seen in DPS gain. It can only be seen in how much DPS you don't have to lose by having to stop and start channeling to regain Arcane Surge against bosses when you need to burst them down when you have the window.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 9, 2021, 3:53:23 PM
Doh you are right... hmm... dont u have to infernal cry to apply covered in ash anyways, which means you have to restart channeling anyways?

Edit: Only 1 on trade with the 3 nodes you mentioned, for 3X. I'll stick with this new cluster for now.

Edit2: Just tested and you are right in that if I keep channeling, the arcane surge goes away. I have to restart to get it back.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Nov 9, 2021, 4:00:12 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Doh you are right... hmm... dont u have to infernal cry to apply covered in ash anyways, which means you have to restart channeling anyways?

Edit: Only 1 on trade with the 3 nodes you mentioned, for 3X. I'll stick with this new cluster for now.

yes I agree, do not spend that much! Just check on trade every so often. It is a rare combo but it is not highly sought after either. I got mine for like 25c.

Yes, you do need to reapply IC but most times when you are in burst mode you don't want to do that. Even though IC provides a ton of damage, you lose so much damage stopping and restarting. IC should only be applied on a boss when you are not bursting and/or you have to move to dodge some ground effect.

In general you want Ash on the boss already and then Convergence, VRF and Arcane Surge all proccing at the same time to melt the boss as fast as possible. If it is a super high health boss you usually have to do this a few times.

Almost every T16 boss with out significantly increased health from a map mod can die in one burst if timed well.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 9, 2021, 4:05:57 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

Edit2: Just tested and you are right in that if I keep channeling, the arcane surge goes away. I have to restart to get it back.

I only learned about this myself when Clay added Arcane Heroism just recently. I never previously noticed Arcane Surge stopped when I was channeling for long periods of time. It was a DOH moment for me.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 9, 2021, 4:06:29 PM
Before this league I've never focused on one toon for incremental improvements. Usually I get bored and go altoholic already.

I just snagged this for 15C, a 3.2% DPS increase! I feel like I found something valuable while surfing garage sales :D

Cerberus Limb
--------
90% reduced Chaos Damage (scourge)
Damage Penetrates 4% Fire Resistance (scourge)
--------
24% increased Elemental Damage (implicit)
--------
96% increased Spell Damage
19% increased Cast Speed
0.5% of Spell Damage Leeched as Life if Equipped Shield has at least 30% Chance to Block
+1 to Maximum Energy Shield per 5 Armour on Equipped Shield
+5 to Armour per 5 Evasion Rating on Equipped Shield
+20 to Evasion Rating per 5 Maximum Energy Shield on Equipped Shield
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Before this league I've never focused on one toon for incremental improvements. Usually I get bored and go altoholic already.

I just snagged this for 15C, a 3.2% DPS increase! I feel like I found something valuable while surfing garage sales :D

Cerberus Limb
--------
90% reduced Chaos Damage (scourge)
Damage Penetrates 4% Fire Resistance (scourge)
--------
24% increased Elemental Damage (implicit)
--------
96% increased Spell Damage
19% increased Cast Speed
0.5% of Spell Damage Leeched as Life if Equipped Shield has at least 30% Chance to Block
+1 to Maximum Energy Shield per 5 Armour on Equipped Shield
+5 to Armour per 5 Evasion Rating on Equipped Shield
+20 to Evasion Rating per 5 Maximum Energy Shield on Equipped Shield

wonderful!!!!

I keep forgetting to check some Scorge mods for our uniques. That was a wonderful hit you found on a well rolled item even before the corruption.

Out of curiosity, do you know how to link items in a post? If you do know, just ignore the below. :)

==========
While typing a post, simply scroll to the top of the screen and click on your characters name and it will bring you to your character and stash. Then simply click on any item you want either that you are wearing or in stash and it will be linked immediately to the post you were typing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info