[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

For the Larger Cluster jewel I can see that the 2 jewel sockets and 'Scintillating Idea' seem to be mandatory. But how important is 'Corrosive Elements'? If this passive is not mandatory, what would be some good replacements?
Would running Asenath's gloves mess with Conductivity?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

Yes. Without an additional curse, the on hit effect will almost always be applied, as it can proc more often than the CWC
Last edited by f1rstborn on May 26, 2020, 1:41:39 AM
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
"
livejamie wrote:
Oh noo...

https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/status/1264712628766519296

To be fair, we knew this would happen. My guess is that it either gets a % of mana nerf or a max mana nerf.

I predict a CDR nerf for brand recall, a %mana nerf for archmage, some tuning to arcane cloak, and cluster jewel notables as unique. I have the PoB ready for all of this ladies and gents. We taking this baby to 3.11

I suspect archmade not being able to support brand skills, or the end of the damage snapshot not being updated by brand recall (in this direct form or by carrying modifiers of stormbrand to branc recall).

Stormbrand archmage damage being snapshoted at the map start and not being updated over the whole map is completely broken and not in line with the design philosophy of archmage since it bypass all the compromise archmage set.

Archmage will probably receive a %mana nerf but that's not what will kill the stormbrand archmage builds.
Last edited by Rootsmann on May 26, 2020, 8:23:08 AM
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
"
livejamie wrote:
Oh noo...

https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/status/1264712628766519296

To be fair, we knew this would happen. My guess is that it either gets a % of mana nerf or a max mana nerf.

I predict a CDR nerf for brand recall, a %mana nerf for archmage, some tuning to arcane cloak, and cluster jewel notables as unique. I have the PoB ready for all of this ladies and gents. We taking this baby to 3.11

Hoo i love u :)
"
Skua99 wrote:
For the Larger Cluster jewel I can see that the 2 jewel sockets and 'Scintillating Idea' seem to be mandatory. But how important is 'Corrosive Elements'? If this passive is not mandatory, what would be some good replacements?

Can someone tell me in layman's terms what 'Corrosive Elements' actually does?

Also, how does 'Wave of Conviction' fit into this? If I am using WoC, does it mean I don't need 'Corrosive Elements'?

I am trying to come up with some alternatives to the large cluster containing 'Scintillating Idea', 'Corrosive Elements', and the two jeweled sockets as I am having a very tough time buying or creating one.
Last edited by Skua99 on May 26, 2020, 10:44:53 AM
"
livejamie wrote:

Only if you HIT the mobs with an attack. So if you Cyclone through them then yes, otherwise no.
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

Also, how does 'Wave of Conviction' fit into this? If I am using WoC, does it mean I don't need 'Corrosive Elements'?

I am trying to come up with some alternatives to the large cluster containing 'Scintillating Idea', 'Corrosive Elements', and the two jeweled sockets as I am having a very tough time buying or creating one.

Corosive elemements applies lightning exposure which is a -10% ligthning resistance debuff to the monsters.
Wave a conviction also applies lightning exposure but with a -25% effect instead of a -10%.
You choose one of the two: one saves a passive points, the other an active skill.

Good alternatives for jewels with Scintillating Idea, are those also containing Disorienting Display for the blind, Snowstorm for 10% more damage or Doryani's lesson for a bit of damage and leech in case you feel like the regen is not resplenish your health bulbe fast enough with RF.
Last edited by Rootsmann on May 26, 2020, 10:52:13 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

Corosive elemements applies lightning exposure which is a -10% ligthning resistance debuff to the monsters.
Wave a conviction also applies lightning exposure but with a -25% effect instead of a -10%.
You choose one of the two: one saves a passive points, the other an active skill.

Good alternatives for jewels with Scintillating Idea, are those also containing Disorienting Display for the blind, Snowstorm for 10% more damage or Doryani's lesson for a bit of damage and leech in case you feel like the regen is not resplenish your health bulbe fast enough with RF.

Thank you very much for the explanation and giving myself a lot of options for the large cluster jewel :)
"
Skua99 wrote:

Thank you very much for the explanation and giving myself a lot of options for the large cluster jewel :)

My pleasure.

To add on the clusters jewels, you can also look for a curse based medium jewel with Master of Fear and Wish of death.
Master of fear gives unnerved: 10% increased spell damage taken for the monsters. It's basically as strong as 2*5% increased damage taken provided by Brand loyalty when 2 brands are attached to the ennemy, but works more reliably since the brands do not need to be attached to unnerve. You do loose the brand attachment range.
On the other hand, you gain culling strike which is more significant than a second Chip away.

The first cheap away brings 25% activation frequency, which is a 10.4% more damage given the reference PoB passive tree. The second chip away is then a boost of 9.4% more damage.
Culling strike is a 11.1% more damage boost.

I'm not saying the curse jewel is objectively better, I'm just giving equivalent options (a bit more consistent damage but less range on the brands attachment. Also it's good to cull bosses since often the last part of the fight is the most dangerous). I don't know about the price of the jewels, maybe you can save money here.
Last edited by Rootsmann on May 26, 2020, 1:19:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info