[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
DigitalXenon wrote:
I made it to level 97 with this build, i feel like my tree is where it should be, however I'm having issues with dying to boss quite easily. Is there anything I can do to become tankier? I have 9k es and defense flasks with level 21 bone offering. Thanks!

Can you post a video of a boss you have issues with so i can check what is going wrong? Its hard to guess just from taking a quick look at the gear.

"
oufouf wrote:

have 81% CDR :
- 20% Belt
- 19% Boots
- 42% from lvl 22 Spellslinger

my tooltip displays 0.33s, i need realy 20% from boot ?

thank you for your help

If 81% works out then go for it. Im not at home right now but i remember there was a discpreancy between tooltip with 81% and PoB thats why i recommend 82% to be 100% secure.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 1, 2021, 6:28:28 AM
Items

These are my items currently.

* Helmet: rolling add/rem def
* Golves: rolling add/rem def
* Boots: might want to get enchant, but uberuberlab is kinda bummer with this car
* Wand: rolling target fire divines
* Belt: might try to get rid off crit strike chance and try to roll %es
* Rings: if I get strength from somewhere else, I could change the quality type
*Shield: Might test rare shield with one less aura. Would get more es and whatever nice influenced mods there are: max eleresists, block, gain %es on block and so on.

Flasks: Decided to go with bleed and curse removal. Ditched the Wise Oak since can't be arsed to balance the resists. I'm still rolling my items and I'd have to balance it after each one. I really like Quicksilver. Even though we use (Flame) Dash, it makes mapping so much faster.

Cluster Jewels: got two more suffixes to fill, might get stats or resists from there

Normal jewels: mostly 3x multi + es, but my corrupted blood -jewel is still lackluster.

Watcher's Eye: budget one still in use. The spell block chance puts me to 75% while everything is up. I found 7ex Watcher's with nice triple stats but alas the seller wasn't online when I was and after couple of days it was sold.

Unnatural Instinct: Decided to test this. It's in place of Energy From Within. I lose notables and get 8 points to make it up, so I took extra jewel slot and Foresight. In the end I did get more ES than I lost.

The Red Nightmare: Not the best place for this (near Faith and Steel). But I do get permanent three Endurance Charges while mapping and whopping 2% increased attack block chance.

Elemental ailment immunity: I painstakingly rolled 10% chance to avoid freeze/chill/ignite/shock avoidance on jewels and got rest from boots+gloves+tree. Now I'm 100% immune to all of those.

All in all, once I got my wand and 82% CDR, this build started to really shine. Without the wand I barely killed Sirus A8 and used all the portals. With wand, I did it deathless.
Interesting option to use the red nightmare!
"

Something to consider while mapping: Replace Righteous Fire with Enduring Cry for Regeneration and Endurance Charges. It almost works like a potion.
"
zzang wrote:
"

Something to consider while mapping: Replace Righteous Fire with Enduring Cry for Regeneration and Endurance Charges. It almost works like a potion.

I don't think anything would beat righteous fire for delirium mapping.

And this build is too slow for regular maps. :)
Going to reroll my life vd/dd to this version and see how it performs in 3.13, hope it rocks as it seems!
Zzang can you help me figure out why my damage is so low compared to yourss? https://pastebin.com/ixdKygv3
Last edited by Discordian827 on Mar 1, 2021, 5:25:22 PM
"
Discordian827 wrote:
Zzang can you help me figure out why my damage is so low compared to yourss? https://pastebin.com/ixdKygv3

Not Zzang, but:

1) Your items are quite top notch, but Wand is atrocious. Try to first buy any wand with +1 all spell skill gems and some relevant stats to get 82% CDR. You already have elevated mod on belt, your Spellslinger gem just needs to be level 21 and it's all set. There is a crafting guide in the 1st page.

2) You have one Awakened Spell Cascade, but it doesn't help yet. Your VD and DD are blasting away nicely.. or would be if Desecrate just could feed enough corpses. Get another one asap.

3) Buy level 21 Volatile Dead. This is minor compared to 1) and 2).
"
zzang wrote:
"
DigitalXenon wrote:
I made it to level 97 with this build, i feel like my tree is where it should be, however I'm having issues with dying to boss quite easily. Is there anything I can do to become tankier? I have 9k es and defense flasks with level 21 bone offering. Thanks!

Can you post a video of a boss you have issues with so i can check what is going wrong? Its hard to guess just from taking a quick look at the gear.

"
oufouf wrote:

have 81% CDR :
- 20% Belt
- 19% Boots
- 42% from lvl 22 Spellslinger

my tooltip displays 0.33s, i need realy 20% from boot ?

thank you for your help

If 81% works out then go for it. Im not at home right now but i remember there was a discpreancy between tooltip with 81% and PoB thats why i recommend 82% to be 100% secure.

ok thank, have again divine and:

is fine :)

https://pastebin.com/k7aTZn9T
Last edited by oufouf on Mar 1, 2021, 5:57:33 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Discordian827 wrote:

Not Zzang, but:

1) Your items are quite top notch, but Wand is atrocious. Try to first buy any wand with +1 all spell skill gems and some relevant stats to get 82% CDR. You already have elevated mod on belt, your Spellslinger gem just needs to be level 21 and it's all set. There is a crafting guide in the 1st page.

2) You have one Awakened Spell Cascade, but it doesn't help yet. Your VD and DD are blasting away nicely.. or would be if Desecrate just could feed enough corpses. Get another one asap.

3) Buy level 21 Volatile Dead. This is minor compared to 1) and 2).

I looked at this build, and I have to disagree on this assessment. Awakened spell cascade is absolutely a big deal. Lvl 21 VD is obviously nice, but the wand and the vd gem level are not why the damage of your build is so low. However, you are missing 6 crit multi jewels. I put in triple crit multi jewels into your build and your damage more than doubled. I know that these are expensive, but you should be able to at least get 2x multi. Additionally, you can buy ones with 3x multi and harvest craft es onto them. I understand that you probably put in the small clusters because of your es, but it's frankly not worth it. I think you would be better served by getting boots with 200 es and cdr and gloves with 200 es over what you are currently using. Culling/Unnerve/elusive are nice, but you are sacrificing so much damage and es for those 3 mods. Also, it would be ideal to get a belt with #% increased max es. Lastly, you would gain a lot of damage by getting a cinderswallow and diamond flask with critical strike chance.
Last edited by SenderHoN on Mar 1, 2021, 6:32:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info