[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

I just finished crafting the helmet and used up the last of my currency for right now so I can't afford an awakened hextouch. Is there a gem set up I could use in the meantime to still take advantage of the helmet or should I stick with my inward crown until I get the gem?
i cant understand how to helmet craft, can somebody explain it better? i am pretty new in crafting.
Last edited by samudkl on Mar 2, 2021, 7:19:24 PM
"
samudkl wrote:
i cant understand how to helmet craft, can somebody explain it better? i am pretty new in crafting.

1. Get a shaper OR elder hubris circlet helm ilvl 86 with spellslinger enchant.

(you can run uber lab for it before, after, or buy a shaper/elder helm with it on already)

2. which ever helm you got in step 1, get the opposite. any helm, any level will do for this one. e.g if you got ilvl 86 shaper hubris circlet, just buy the cheapest elder helm available.

3. use an awakener orb and merge them together.
NOTE: Click the shitty helm first, and the good helm second. Don't worry about mods/rolls on it.

4. use fossils on the helm to increase quality to 30% (this gives more energy shield to the base helm)

5. use Essence of Horror on the helm for guaranteed roll "socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage"

6. keep re-rolling until you can remove the other mods with harvest crafting. e.g remove life, fire, etc etc.

7. Benchcraft Cold Res and do Aug Cold for guaranteed Hypotermia or Innervate.
you can use remove/add cold until you get hypothermia.
There's more elaborate ways to get it, check zzang's post in the first page.

8. Aug Crit. if not good crit roll, then remove/add crit using harvest until
you get 3% spell crit.

At this point, your suffix are

socketed gems deal 30% more damage
socketed spells have 3% increased critical strike change
socketed gems are supported by level 20 hypothermia

now time to do the prefixes.

9. Option 1: you can use harvest craft reforge keep suffix. (this will randomly roll between 0-3 random prefixes, but not change the suffix)
You can do this until you get
socketed gems are supported by level x concentrated effect

9. option 2: you can craft "suffixes cannot be changed" and use aug influence and then remove/add influence until you get

10. Aug Defence for T1 energy shield.
remove/add defence until you get t1 or t2 if you are happy.
Either flat ES or % ES is fine.

11. craft +1 to level of socketed gems

12. if you don't have the enchant already, time to grind uber lab for it.

Helm is now finished.
Last edited by IrishRoyal on Mar 2, 2021, 7:39:31 PM
I have a question. why roll +2 to level of socketed aura gems on your chest. Does it affect all aura gems or only the socketed gems? My build is pretty mirrored to this but I don't see how that implicit would help on the chest as we don't have our aura gems in our chest.
"
zarrock845 wrote:
I have a question. why roll +2 to level of socketed aura gems on your chest. Does it affect all aura gems or only the socketed gems? My build is pretty mirrored to this but I don't see how that implicit would help on the chest as we don't have our aura gems in our chest.

it doesn't now that we use the crafted helm with good rolls.
(It only affects socketed gems in the item)
previously, if you don't have this crafted helm, then the 6 link with spellslinger, VD, DD etc is in the chest. Then the +2 to level of gems helps.

If you have crafted helm, just get increased damage and some defence roll if possible.
Last edited by IrishRoyal on Mar 2, 2021, 7:42:07 PM
"
"
zarrock845 wrote:

it doesn't now that we use the crafted helm with good rolls.
(It only affects socketed gems in the item)
previously, if you don't have this crafted helm, then the 6 link with spellslinger, VD, DD etc is in the chest. Then the +2 to level of gems helps.

If you have crafted helm, just get increased damage and some defence roll if possible.

ahh okay I understand thanks for the reply.
"
"
samudkl wrote:

5. use Essence of Horror on the helm for guaranteed roll "socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage"

6. keep re-rolling until you can remove the other mods with harvest crafting. e.g remove life, fire, etc etc.

you get 3% spell crit.

9. Option 1: you can use harvest craft reforge keep suffix. (this will randomly roll between 0-3 random prefixes, but not change the suffix)

9. option 2: you can craft "suffixes cannot be changed" and use aug influence and then remove/add influence until you get

Helm is now finished.

Unless you are trying to get a lvl 25 conc effect helmet, I prefer to roll essence of horror until you get tier 20 conc effect. It takes about 47 tries, which is about 12-15 ex versus 24 tries doing rem/add inf, which is going to cost somewhere between 48-76 ex, depending on the cost of the crat. Additionally, you should use caster to hit crit chance for spells with prefix's blocked since it's a guaranteed hit.
Last edited by SenderHoN on Mar 2, 2021, 9:05:30 PM
"
zzang wrote:
"
DigitalXenon wrote:
I made it to level 97 with this build, i feel like my tree is where it should be, however I'm having issues with dying to boss quite easily. Is there anything I can do to become tankier? I have 9k es and defense flasks with level 21 bone offering. Thanks!

Can you post a video of a boss you have issues with so i can check what is going wrong? Its hard to guess just from taking a quick look at the gear.

"
oufouf wrote:

have 81% CDR :
- 20% Belt
- 19% Boots
- 42% from lvl 22 Spellslinger

my tooltip displays 0.33s, i need realy 20% from boot ?

thank you for your help

If 81% works out then go for it. Im not at home right now but i remember there was a discpreancy between tooltip with 81% and PoB thats why i recommend 82% to be 100% secure.

I'm not really dying from any specific boss, just harder legion encounters, T16 harvest encounters, and such. It really feels like i'm being one shot. Also i only have 64/55 block chance, how can I get that higher in league?
"
DigitalXenon wrote:

I'm not really dying from any specific boss, just harder legion encounters, T16 harvest encounters, and such. It really feels like i'm being one shot. Also i only have 64/55 block chance, how can I get that higher in league?

If you melt bosses and got roughly 9k ES with 64/65 Block thats quite decent stats. I cant help with vague descriptions like harder encounters. I never have trouble in normal maps ever. So my guess is you are playing the build differently. Maybe not stay in the center of Legion mobs when the timer goes off?

Without a video i cant help mate sorry i cannot reproduce the issues you are describing. Only thing i can imagine is Silence Curse. I heard its an issue for rituals.

As for Silence Curse. Since we now have access to +4 Spellcrit from helm its a viable option to drop 80% crit chance suffix from Flask for Curse Immunity or another beneficial stat like Shock immunity or Movement Speed.

Alternatively there is a corruption implicit for Silence immune.

Last but not least for normal mapping and leveling Enduring Cry can be used instead of righteous fire for 3 Endurance Charges plus Life regeneration acts like a life potion for us.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 3, 2021, 6:14:10 AM
"
"
samudkl wrote:

1. Get a shaper OR elder hubris circlet helm ilvl 86 with spellslinger enchant.

(you can run uber lab for it before, after, or buy a shaper/elder helm with it on already)

2. which ever helm you got in step 1, get the opposite. any helm, any level will do for this one. e.g if you got ilvl 86 shaper hubris circlet, just buy the cheapest elder helm available.

3. use an awakener orb and merge them together.
NOTE: Click the shitty helm first, and the good helm second. Don't worry about mods/rolls on it.

4. use fossils on the helm to increase quality to 30% (this gives more energy shield to the base helm)

7. Benchcraft Cold Res and do Aug Cold for guaranteed Hypotermia or Innervate.
you can use remove/add cold until you get hypothermia.
There's more elaborate ways to get it, check zzang's post in the first page.

you get 3% spell crit.

At this point, your suffix are

socketed gems deal 30% more damage
socketed spells have 3% increased critical strike change
socketed gems are supported by level 20 hypothermia

now time to do the prefixes.

10. Aug Defence for T1 energy shield.
remove/add defence until you get t1 or t2 if you are happy.
Either flat ES or % ES is fine.

11. craft +1 to level of socketed gems

12. if you don't have the enchant already, time to grind uber lab for it.

Helm is now finished.

Wow, thank you so much ! that`s just what i need.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info