[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Skuwb wrote:
Any pros mind giving my gear a once over and make suggestions on next improvements\ Have around 10 ex left to upgrade. Still feeling the pinch on certain maps. Any tips would be great! Thanks so much!

Not a pro, but couple quick ones: put defence catalysts (tempering, 1c a pop) on your amulet for more ES. Quality up your flasks. If you can afford to lose 12% allres, buy and corrupt shields until you get something useful. Quality up your helmet. You need quality on your gems, but there is no cheap/easy way. Check which gems gives most bang for the buck and put those to 20%. If the gem is not that important, use the level 20 + GCP recipe.

Big ones: save even more and get two awakened spell cascades. Get unnerve on gloves, I think it's better than culling strike (get both when you can afford it). Get Cinderswallow flask.
Last edited by Wermine on Feb 10, 2021, 1:44:36 AM
I run Double reserve rings and the spellslinger support enchant on my helm but I cannot fit all the enchants in. I miss life reservation %. Any1 knows what this could be?
"
Naccer wrote:
I run Double reserve rings and the spellslinger support enchant on my helm but I cannot fit all the enchants in. I miss life reservation %. Any1 knows what this could be?

You are missing charisma anoint, that might be it?
"
"
Naccer wrote:

Yep that was it. Also 17% mana res on 1 ring was not enough. U need 20 on both
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Skuwb wrote:
Any pros mind giving my gear a once over and make suggestions on next improvements\ Have around 10 ex left to upgrade. Still feeling the pinch on certain maps. Any tips would be great! Thanks so much!

Not a pro, but couple quick ones: put defence catalysts (tempering, 1c a pop) on your amulet for more ES. Quality up your flasks. If you can afford to lose 12% allres, buy and corrupt shields until you get something useful. Quality up your helmet. You need quality on your gems, but there is no cheap/easy way. Check which gems gives most bang for the buck and put those to 20%. If the gem is not that important, use the level 20 + GCP recipe.

Big ones: save even more and get two awakened spell cascades. Get unnerve on gloves, I think it's better than culling strike (get both when you can afford it). Get Cinderswallow flask.

Thanks so much for the tips man! Do you suggest I save up for an awakened spell cascade for now or go for the bottled faith flask first? Have around 10 ex
"
Skuwb wrote:
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Skuwb wrote:

Thanks so much for the tips man! Do you suggest I save up for an awakened spell cascade for now or go for the bottled faith flask first? Have around 10 ex

Get the Spell Cascade(s). I put the first one I got in my chest link and it increased the aoe by quite a bit. Just got my second one and it absolutely wrecks!

Thank you @zzang!!
"
Edeka wrote:

Thank you @zzang!!

Im glad i could provide that feels good moment with my guide.
"
Naccer wrote:
"
"
Naccer wrote:

Yep that was it. Also 17% mana res on 1 ring was not enough. U need 20 on both

An alternate setup you can consider.

I have
helm enchant 15% spellslinger
1 x ring with 20% herald of ash reserve
allocate charisma on amulet
NOT using Self-Control Cluster Node
1 x 1% reduced mana reserved corruption on cluster jewel

And I can fit all buffs.
12 unreserved life
105 unreserved mana
So if someone is reading this thread and thinking if it is possible to progress this build starting relatively cheap, as a kind of update on my progress, this was when I switched to this build, couple of weeks ago:

"
jms8svn wrote:

I think I spent a bit more than 12ex (fully respecc'ing from an elementalist). That's what I currently have plus one set of the cluster jewels similar to the ones OP described.

Damage is currently is good, but nothing too OP. Conquerors don't skip phases or anything. Aside from getting a better wand and another set of cluster jewels, I haven't worked out other ways of boosting the damage without crafting one of those OP helmets, but I'm a ways away from there still.

I'm currently at AL6, lvl 92, T16 maps are easy to okay, there is an occasional death every here or there, but I'm also working on getting more ES (currently at 8k).

I switched to this build with only two things: a dream and 12ex. I sure wish I had more at the beginning, as it started kinda slow. Things were more expensive at the time also, because we were just out of the first week. I played mostly on weekends. Farming was regular mapping to AL8 then AL9, all around all content, not farming anything specific.

I progressed to a Crown of Inward with Spellslinger enchant (of which there was only one listed in Ritual league at the time, for 17ex), and used Elemental Overload for the time being. I did use a maven orb to get the 20% boots cdr, and hit the 82% breakpoint with a cheap +1 wand. Last week I finally had enough currency to try and craft the helmet, and switch to crit. Got it most of the way with the help of harvest craft which are okayish priced this league (but will have to go back to it later on). Worked on updates on other items, like the wand. From there I'm slowly working on crafting my boots and belt to allow socketing crit jewels on my tree.

Its been a work on juggling upgrading damage while keeping res capped and over 8.5kES. Right now AL9 Conqueror's are dying in a few seconds, Hunter doesn't even move from the center of the arena. Maven is also a breeze.

This is what I'm using currently:
Hi Guys!

i am very interested in this build as i am pretty disappointed in my Carrion Golem necro.

now, if i would switch to this build and try to reach OPs League Budget POB:
Recommendation for league without high-end budget:
https://pastebin.com/pUfZfS3j

with small adjustments (+1 wand, try to reach cooldown breakpoints, maybe add 1 Woke spell cascade, cinderswallow), what should i expect to be able to do with this build?

i have around 30-35ex budget

should regular t16 burials with 60% delirious and A8 Sirus deathless be possible?
Last edited by rnbounty on Feb 10, 2021, 10:33:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info