[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

Very nice build the dps is good but my problem is tankiness am i missing something i have 5800 ES yes i need to upgrade it but what leech do we get other than thaumophage and essence glutton ?
"
SupaaaNova wrote:
Very nice build the dps is good but my problem is tankiness am i missing something i have 5800 ES yes i need to upgrade it but what leech do we get other than thaumophage and essence glutton ?

As you get bigger ES pool, the max amount you can recover per second from leech will go up. Another option is get ES on hit watchers eye. The build hits so many times per second that the ES on hit is huge boost to survivability in my opinion. There's some other options for boosting defense a page or 2 back that you can try too.
NICE

"
dokidokidango wrote:

How does this helm compare to the Crown of Inward Eye with the same enchants?

I have a similiar helm.

POB has it being slightly weaker on non-bosses and slightly stronger vs bosses. The benefit I got out of it was I ended up with a little more ES and I gained a resistance suffix out of it. This allowed me to run a belt with no resistances.
Last edited by Cupcakeslol on Jul 23, 2020, 10:49:35 PM
Hello. Just wondering what you do for curses? Don't see a remedy for Temporal Chains etc so do you just power through or avoid? Or am I missing it somewhere?
any suggestions to create a VD LL Necro speed farmer for seeds. I basically dont want to create another character to do effiicent seed farming, however i would like this build to have a few pieces changed in and out to run faster to the seed patches and straight to the bosses for sirius progression. I was thinking devotos helm for the extra movement speed. Anything else i can swap that will not hinder the dps output and squishness too much?
IGN: Arcmaimed
"
Viktorious1 wrote:
Hello. Just wondering what you do for curses? Don't see a remedy for Temporal Chains etc so do you just power through or avoid? Or am I missing it somewhere?

I ran curse immunity on diamond flask. Corrupting blood immunity on jewel, elemental ailment immunity at 100% across tree/gear/cluster jewels. Could also do just freeze immune on boots.
"
Statusblue wrote:
any suggestions to create a VD LL Necro speed farmer for seeds. I basically dont want to create another character to do effiicent seed farming, however i would like this build to have a few pieces changed in and out to run faster to the seed patches and straight to the bosses for sirius progression. I was thinking devotos helm for the extra movement speed. Anything else i can swap that will not hinder the dps output and squishness too much?

100% dash distance helm. Torrent's Reclamation belt, Tailwind/CDR/35% movement speed boots. Any other movement speed items you can find. Or you can just play an assassin with Badge of the Brotherhood for real zoom.
can you explain to me how to achieve max blocks ? Thanks.
Hey everyone, last time I posted in this thread was about 2 weeks ago when I just started the character.

I struggled with the cluster jewel version of the build, since there are so many good skill points to prioritize on the tree itself. Decided to check out what people on poe.ninja are doing and noticed that nobody is using this cluster jewel version. Instead, the "popular" version of the tree on poe.ninja actually doesn't take any cluster jewels and gets both, more damage nodes and higher ES.

Here's an example of a profile of someone who's top on ES/damage on poe.ninja, with significantly worse gear than Zzang.

Zzang's PoB showcase obviously has absolute GG-gear in every slot (along with legacy items), which carries it, but I feel like the tree and clusters are kind of suboptimal since there's a lot of good nodes being sacrificed on the tree.

However, this thread was extremely enlightening in terms of learning the build concepts, providing gearing advice, and understanding the build mechanics. All of this wouldn't be possible without Zzang, so thank you! I'm really appreciative since I don't think I'd able to understand this build without all the indepth explanations.

The reason I'm making this post is because I noticed that many players in the latest pages of the thread have been struggling to make this build work, and I was in the same situation until I switched to the new tree. I was dying to t16 bosses, randomly on high-tier maps and didn't have a chance of killing the endgame encounters. Both my damage and survivability went up considerably with the same gear after making the switch. Here's my PoB for reference (community fork): https://pastebin.com/Vai7T3NY

With this tree, I've successfully cleared A8 sirus, uber elder, shaper, mastermind, delve bosses, cortex completely deathless. In most cases I instaphase them off-screen. T16 bosses are deleted before I even get to see them. I can pretty much facetank most mechanics.

Here's a showcase for what the endgame encounters look like (basically, insta deletion)
Uber Elder
Cortex
A8 Sirus - I cropped out the boring stuff (phase 1 - phase 3) because you literally cannot die to him during those phases, the final phase is where the "real" fight begins anyway

My gear is pretty budget, around 20ex for all of it. The rares are largely harvest crafted with cheap seedcrafts. You'll notice I don't have a bottled faith or any big luxury upgrades, probably my most expensive piece is the Watcher's Eye (spent 7ex for it).

This is my gear for reference:

I hope this is able to help out anyone struggling with the build. Cheers, and thanks again Zzang!
Last edited by Arukayos on Jul 24, 2020, 10:23:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info