[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

First time playing poe and decided to try this build. Dont know how to craft anything and this is what I got:

Dont know what to do now but I often die :(

Played arround with crafting today, what do u guys think?
"
Edutz11 wrote:
First time playing poe and decided to try this build. Dont know how to craft anything and this is what I got:

Are you resist capped? Couldn’t see your character. If you don’t have the chayula ammy you’re likely getting stunned. Spam some deafening essence of anger on a imbued wand base for an easy wand upgrade, or buy one with some big flat fire damage. If you’re feeling extra squishy try get a ES on hit watchers eye, makes it a lot more forgiving if you don’t dodge stuff.
"
ampman117 wrote:
"
Edutz11 wrote:

Are you resist capped? Couldn’t see your character. If you don’t have the chayula ammy you’re likely getting stunned. Spam some deafening essence of anger on a imbued wand base for an easy wand upgrade, or buy one with some big flat fire damage. If you’re feeling extra squishy try get a ES on hit watchers eye, makes it a lot more forgiving if you don’t dodge stuff.

i have this amulet:

i dont have a clue what resist capped is and also i dont have any deafining essence of anger but that 30% increased fire damage isnt good enough?
"
Edutz11 wrote:
"
ampman117 wrote:
"
Edutz11 wrote:

i have this amulet:

i dont have a clue what resist capped is and also i dont have any deafining essence of anger but that 30% increased fire damage isnt good enough?

Thats the amulet, so that's not the problem. For wand I just meant its at the point where you can still easily upgrade it if you want.

Without seeing your full gear set AND passive tree for the character I cant tell if you are resist capped. You can change your privacy settings on your account to share your characters if you want. Otherwise just go in game, go to your hideout, open up your character sheet and look at the defense tab...check your fire/cold/lightning resist numbers. They should be 75 without wise oak up. If they are not 75, we probably found your problem. Get more resists to make them all 75. Chaos will likely be less than 75. You can have raising your chaos res as a long term goal if you want. For me, whenever I use Presence of Chayula I dont worry about trying to get more chaos res on other gear. Your mileage may vary depending on your play style.

If your resists ARE capped at 75, then go look a few posts back...I gave a few options for integrating some extra defenses. Try a few of those and see if they help. Some of those options are going to lower your damage by varying amounts, so you'll have to balance where you want to be if you go that route.

Really awesome build, it just melts everything once you get all of the gear together.

The one button play is really nice, excellent bosser and map clearer.

Working on some upgrades here and there, def looking for a better watchers, and will look to get the +1 shavs down the road.

Might look to mirror that explody wand once I make a zoomer.

Thx for the guide man.

Last edited by SKT1K on Jul 23, 2020, 2:51:43 PM
"
ampman117 wrote:

i have this amulet:

Thats the amulet, so that's not the problem. For wand I just meant its at the point where you can still easily upgrade it if you want.

Without seeing your full gear set AND passive tree for the character I cant tell if you are resist capped. You can change your privacy settings on your account to share your characters if you want. Otherwise just go in game, go to your hideout, open up your character sheet and look at the defense tab...check your fire/cold/lightning resist numbers. They should be 75 without wise oak up. If they are not 75, we probably found your problem. Get more resists to make them all 75. Chaos will likely be less than 75. You can have raising your chaos res as a long term goal if you want. For me, whenever I use Presence of Chayula I dont worry about trying to get more chaos res on other gear. Your mileage may vary depending on your play style.

If your resists ARE capped at 75, then go look a few posts back...I gave a few options for integrating some extra defenses. Try a few of those and see if they help. Some of those options are going to lower your damage by varying amounts, so you'll have to balance where you want to be if you go that route.[/quote]

dude you are awesome, i messed up my wand and got a new one:

my profile is open now

i have 75% (160% what is that?) fire resist
4% (4%) cold resist
45% (45%) lightning
0% (0%) chaos

and only 6,3k energy shield

will try to upgrade the resists!
"
Edutz11 wrote:
"
ampman117 wrote:

i have this amulet:

If your resists ARE capped at 75, then go look a few posts back...I gave a few options for integrating some extra defenses. Try a few of those and see if they help. Some of those options are going to lower your damage by varying amounts, so you'll have to balance where you want to be if you go that route.

dude you are awesome, i messed up my wand and got a new one:

my profile is open now

i have 75% (160% what is that?) fire resist
4% (4%) cold resist
45% (45%) lightning
0% (0%) chaos

and only 6,3k energy shield

will try to upgrade the resists!
[/quote]

but i cant understand how i have 0% chaos resist and 4% cold resist considering my amulet,my glove and my shield
"
Edutz11 wrote:

but i cant understand how i have 0% chaos resist and 4% cold resist considering my amulet,my glove and my shield

You get -30% resists after part 1 of storyline, and an additional -30% after second part of storyline...so after you beat the 10 acts your baseline resists are -60% total. You have to overcome that deficit, then get an additional 75% on top of that to max your resists out.

The number in parentheses is your uncapped resist for that element. There are some things in the game that utilize that...As far as normal survivability you want the first number to be at least 75% minimum. In general, if your uncapped resists for an element are wayyyyy above 75% then you can drop some of that element (to a point), and replace it with whatever you are deficient in. Check the wiki for info on those special cases/unique items that use uncapped resists: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance#Uncapped_resistances

Also - Make sure you are immune to being frozen and immune to bleeding/corrupted blood. If you dont have those as an affix on any of your gear or jewels, then you need to get them as suffixes on magic flasks. Roll a new diamond flask to get one of them and take a second magic flask to get the second. Or accept that you will probably die to corrupted blood or being frozen periodically.
Last edited by ampman117 on Jul 23, 2020, 4:49:47 PM

How does this helm compare to the Crown of Inward Eye with the same enchants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info