[3.10] Herald Power Siphon Guardian | OP as heck | Money making guide and Scion version included

"
bene0019 wrote:
Ok. That helped. I didn't put on my frenzy or inspiration charges.

Looks like I'm pulling 3.5 M DPS

Not bad.

I flew through the Cortex fight last night and it wasn't hard at all. (did it with barrage).

My ES is still pretty low at only 5.2K but everything is so expensive for improvements.

I've got 12% of my mana free and currently running 18 auras

Put grace in your shield, wrath in your helm, and purity on the ring. Should pick up a little more damage with that. If you can get vitality onto your neck, then you open a socket for a banner aura which gets you to 19. Extra es and phys reduction from the 19th aura.

Actually, and I'm not sure what your situation is exactly, but you may be best to put all 3 purities together with a lvl4 enlighten. You can review my gem setups, if that helps. I'm running 19 auras. 8.3k es.
Last edited by DasWiggles on May 20, 2020, 2:39:56 PM
Ok I played around abit and got might of the meek with rmr, also ditched maligaro's gloves for breathstealers as it gave me abit more mana to play around with. So I can fit emp in alpha's howl now, and emp in herald setup, but I have to have enlighten in purity setup, for now.
I'm at 302% crit multi, but I'll commit to more crit multi jewels in near future.

Also I double corrupted alpha's howl with +2 proj and got this

+2 to Level of Socketed Trap or Mine Gems (implicit)
Socketed Skill Gems get a 90% Mana Multiplier (implicit)

Would it be worth swapping +2 aoe alpha's howl without enchant for it? Is it any good?
Last edited by indigoBot on May 20, 2020, 6:42:00 PM
"
DasWiggles wrote:
"
bene0019 wrote:
Ok. That helped. I didn't put on my frenzy or inspiration charges.

Looks like I'm pulling 3.5 M DPS

Not bad.

I flew through the Cortex fight last night and it wasn't hard at all. (did it with barrage).

My ES is still pretty low at only 5.2K but everything is so expensive for improvements.

I've got 12% of my mana free and currently running 18 auras

Put grace in your shield, wrath in your helm, and purity on the ring. Should pick up a little more damage with that. If you can get vitality onto your neck, then you open a socket for a banner aura which gets you to 19. Extra es and phys reduction from the 19th aura.

Actually, and I'm not sure what your situation is exactly, but you may be best to put all 3 purities together with a lvl4 enlighten. You can review my gem setups, if that helps. I'm running 19 auras. 8.3k es.

I'm running Scion and right now I'm kind of socket locked. I also think Scion doesn't get ES for auras...but I've been mistaken about a lot of things before. I don't have much wiggle room in colors and the thing limiting my 19th aura is simply a socket. I'm planning on getting another unset ring with hopefully aspect of avian so I can replace my amulet with a vitality one. That frees up 2 sockets. I'm using pure might and pure guile to drop the mana cost of 2 purity auras to nothing.

If I replace 2 of my PH/H clusters with 4/5 passive versions I can recover a couple of skill points for ES nodes.
You can also run avian on your boots, if you craft a pair of sorc boot base with the tailwind elusive mods you can pick up some extra es all at the same time.

Example:

Some room for es improvement in your shield too.
Last edited by DasWiggles on May 20, 2020, 8:30:38 PM
There's lots of room here and there for improvement alright, but the cost gets high quick.

I've lucked out and spent only about 50-60 exalt total so far. I ended up self-crafting 7 of my medium cluster jewels for about 2 exalt total.

I've been lurking on here a while, and this build has been a lot to try and figure out and learn being relatively new...but I'm super happy I tried it while it lasted.

I have a couple questions regarding interactions between stats and I was wondering if someone could help me out with.

I chanced upon a couple elemental damage with attack stats, and they didn't look to boost my damage in the tool tip. I asked around a little bit and was thinking that it may be because it is the auras that were doing the addition of the elemental damage and not the PS directly.

Then, I figured that I'd give a shot with an "XX% Increased Cold Damage" stat on a shield, and that it would boost all of the cold damage since it wasn't an "XX% increased cold spell damage" or an XX% increased cold damage with attack skills".

I put that shield on and it also didn't seem to buff my damage, which is a bummer since I took off the min frenzy charges (have blood rage now) and lost some ES in the process.

I'm just trying to get my bearings with POB, but it looks like my attack damage is showing as super low. I allocated the voices and gems, and I also added the charges that I thought needed to be updated (based on the feedback above). Even if it was on an attack basis, the attack speed times the per attack damage isn't equaling out right.

"
I've been lurking on here a while, and this build has been a lot to try and figure out and learn being relatively new...but I'm super happy I tried it while it lasted.

I have a couple questions regarding interactions between stats and I was wondering if someone could help me out with.

I chanced upon a couple elemental damage with attack stats, and they didn't look to boost my damage in the tool tip. I asked around a little bit and was thinking that it may be because it is the auras that were doing the addition of the elemental damage and not the PS directly.

Then, I figured that I'd give a shot with an "XX% Increased Cold Damage" stat on a shield, and that it would boost all of the cold damage since it wasn't an "XX% increased cold spell damage" or an XX% increased cold damage with attack skills".

I put that shield on and it also didn't seem to buff my damage, which is a bummer since I took off the min frenzy charges (have blood rage now) and lost some ES in the process.

I'm just trying to get my bearings with POB, but it looks like my attack damage is showing as super low. I allocated the voices and gems, and I also added the charges that I thought needed to be updated (based on the feedback above). Even if it was on an attack basis, the attack speed times the per attack damage isn't equaling out right.

It looks like your problem stems from a misunderstanding of the difference between increased and more. In poe, those are two distinctly different things. Since you already have I'm assuming 9 PH jewels, you've already got 450% increased Damage. Increased is additive, so 20% increased Cold just makes 450 into 470 for your cold damage. It's actually quite small.

Attacks Penetrates % resistance however, is closer to a "more" multiplier. Take the final damage number, then reduce their mitigation by x%. Much more significant.
"

It looks like your problem stems from a misunderstanding of the difference between increased and more. In poe, those are two distinctly different things. Since you already have I'm assuming 9 PH jewels, you've already got 450% increased Damage. Increased is additive, so 20% increased Cold just makes 450 into 470 for your cold damage. It's actually quite small.

Attacks Penetrates % resistance however, is closer to a "more" multiplier. Take the final damage number, then reduce their mitigation by x%. Much more significant.

Thanks for the reply Wiggles! That's really interesting. I wouldn't have thought there was a difference between increased and more. I was able to find that on the POB, so thank you for pointing that out!

I think I still have something messed up in the POB, as the damage and my ES are both showing quite a bit low. When I hover over the shield difference it does look to be about 7% higher cold damage which does seem to align with the tool tip, so it may still be helpful to compare items. This was my first try so I'm sure I messed something up :)

https://pastebin.com/6BFXZ4dP
"

Thanks for the reply Wiggles! That's really interesting. I wouldn't have thought there was a difference between increased and more. I was able to find that on the POB, so thank you for pointing that out!

I think I still have something messed up in the POB, as the damage and my ES are both showing quite a bit low. When I hover over the shield difference it does look to be about 7% higher cold damage which does seem to align with the tool tip, so it may still be helpful to compare items. This was my first try so I'm sure I messed something up :)

https://pastebin.com/6BFXZ4dP

Looks like you have 2 aspect of the avian pieces? If you're gonna have it on your belt, then you could get a Herald on your avian ring instead, then get %es on the other ring.
i don't get it how can be obtain 8k+ ES ...i cannot pass over 6k...where am i wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info