[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
Thank you for this build.

Amazing defense with every possible layer included. Having Life, Mana (50% MoM), ES, high Spell and max ATK Block, Armor, Evasion, ATK and Spell Dodge, recovery of Life, Mana and ES on Block and Arcane Cloak. Also triple elemental damage reduction due to wise oak as I have 76(80) on fire, lightning and cold res. And we normally kill stuff which is the best defense.

Made some small adjustments as mapping was a bit slow and i dislike Shield Charge. Now having up to 160% increased MS making it much smoother. Still an open gem slot which I haven't decided exactly what to do with.

Damage at 150k shaper dps and still improvements ahead like more skill points from uber lab.

All of this in less than 24h playtime and for less than 10-15ex, which can be easily cut down to like 7ex if you ignore the chest corruption and lvl your gems yourself and below 5ex if you also cut the large Cluster Jewel option.

what changes did you make to make mapping faster without shield charge and to get 160% MS?
"
slowmath wrote:
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
Thank you for this build.

Amazing defense with every possible layer included. Having Life, Mana (50% MoM), ES, high Spell and max ATK Block, Armor, Evasion, ATK and Spell Dodge, recovery of Life, Mana and ES on Block and Arcane Cloak. Also triple elemental damage reduction due to wise oak as I have 76(80) on fire, lightning and cold res. And we normally kill stuff which is the best defense.

Made some small adjustments as mapping was a bit slow and i dislike Shield Charge. Now having up to 160% increased MS making it much smoother. Still an open gem slot which I haven't decided exactly what to do with.

Damage at 150k shaper dps and still improvements ahead like more skill points from uber lab.

All of this in less than 24h playtime and for less than 10-15ex, which can be easily cut down to like 7ex if you ignore the chest corruption and lvl your gems yourself and below 5ex if you also cut the large Cluster Jewel option.

what changes did you make to make mapping faster without shield charge and to get 160% MS?

My profile and character are public so you can check all details.

Basically replaced it with flame dash as i like it much more. That opens up the 2 support gems which are no longer needed. You can also argue that you could swap flame dash with the increased duration and have CWTD as a 2 link. Not sure if Vaal Discipline is needed, never used it until now.

In my case i added a Phase Run for more MS and increased duration bc i didnt know what else to put there for now, mby a faster casting or second wind.

I also added a small cluster jewel with no witnesses. Elusive is basically always on during mapping, giving MS and ATK + Spell Dodge. Costs 3 passive points.

ran this build on the maps with doryani gloves, the energy shield is restored instantly
My huge upgrade

https://pastebin.com/YtBwjD3Z
Next step Unnatural Instinct
I can’t find a shield like this on ps4, can I craft it? If so how?
"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
My huge upgrade

https://pastebin.com/YtBwjD3Z
Next step Unnatural Instinct

50 Ex on the market, it seems .... is it really worth to use it White?

Era
Correct me if I'm wrong but in your PoB you do not include "Is the enemy shocked", which will have a significant impact on Dmg.

I have the community fork installed and can thus adjust effect of shock.

How high are our shock chances and its effect (base, conductivity with curse on hit amplification, etc.). Not that much familiar with the exact mechanical details.
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:

My profile and character are public so you can check all details.

Basically replaced it with flame dash as i like it much more. That opens up the 2 support gems which are no longer needed. You can also argue that you could swap flame dash with the increased duration and have CWTD as a 2 link. Not sure if Vaal Discipline is needed, never used it until now.

In my case i added a Phase Run for more MS and increased duration bc i didnt know what else to put there for now, mby a faster casting or second wind.

I also added a small cluster jewel with no witnesses. Elusive is basically always on during mapping, giving MS and ATK + Spell Dodge. Costs 3 passive points.

I did the same thing and I'm very happy with phase run. Mapping feels great that way. I checked your profile and our gear is very similar. What are your life/mana/es stats right now? I'm at ~2600 life, ~2800 ES and ~5500 Mana. Life seems a bit low, got 1-shotted by Izaro yesterday (I think his attack bypasses energy shield?).

What I noticed: Your Helmet is a 4-link, which makes flame dash and vaal discipline gain increased duration. For Disc that might be beneficial, for flame dash it just increases the mana cost. It would just be a small fix, but hey :). Not a big deal on level 1 but why don't you level it up?

With my setup I have the freedom to chaose an enchantment on eiter belt or gloves (both prefix and suffix are available). One of them needs to have fire/chaos resist, but the other one is just on top. Sine Life/mana is already on there, there is not really an option that clearly stands out. I was trying "120 ES regenerated when rare enemy is nearby" but it doesn't seem that great. Gloves could get brand attachement range or I could just add energy shield or use it to overcap resistances.
Last edited by Influx on Apr 23, 2020, 5:16:44 AM
"
Influx wrote:

I did the same thing and I'm very happy with phase run. Mapping feels great that way. I checked your profile and our gear is very similar. What are your life/mana/es stats right now? I'm at ~2600 life, ~2800 ES and ~5500 Mana. Life seems a bit low, got 1-shotted by Izaro yesterday (I think his attack bypasses energy shield?).

What I noticed: Your Helmet is a 4-link, which makes flame dash and vaal discipline gain increased duration. For Disc that might be beneficial, for flame dash it just increases the mana cost. It would just be a small fix, but hey :). Not a big deal on level 1 but why don't you level it up?

With my setup I have the freedom to chaose an enchantment on eiter belt or gloves (both prefix and suffix are available). One of them needs to have fire/chaos resist, but the other one is just on top. Sine Life/mana is already on there, there is not really an option that clearly stands out. I was trying "120 ES regenerated when rare enemy is nearby" but it doesn't seem that great. Gloves could get brand attachement range or I could just add energy shield or use it to overcap resistances.

Unfortunately I can't compare as you character is not public. Would be nice if you could adjust it.

Life ~3.5k, Mana ~5.5k, ES ~ 2.2k
Helmet gem setup is still under review. 1/20 gem(s) is due to flipping from 20/0, will lvl them up.

Regarding Phase Run, you can have it on left mouse button instead of your normal walking.

Regarding Res, try to have equal res on all elemental ones for maximum Wise Oak value. If not possible, lighning has to be the highest. You can make easy small adjustments with Blessed Orb on implicts.

Some general remarks:

For the rich guys, a second curse on hit, eg. ele weakness, maybe by ring, gloves corrupt or somehow via gems?, could even further boost Dmg and Mana Recovery during mapping. You need max lvl Awakened Curse on Hit though.

If you can max res with one less rare, Essence Worm with Wrath, Voidbringer gloves and/or Omeyocan boots might be sth to look at.

Would love to hear OPs feedback on those last 2 remarks.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 23, 2020, 6:21:29 AM
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"
Influx wrote:

Unfortunately I can't compare as you character is not public. Would be nice if you could adjust it.

Life ~3.5k, Mana ~5.5k, ES ~ 2.2k
Helmet gem setup is still under review. 1/20 gem(s) is due to flipping from 20/0, will lvl them up.

Regarding Phase Run, you can have it on left mouse button instead of your normal walking.

Regarding Res, try to have equal res on all elemental ones for maximum Wise Oak value. If not possible, lighning has to be the highest. You can make easy small adjustments with Blessed Orb on implicts.

Oh sorry, should be accessable now. I'm still missing some life nodes and Arcane Swiftness, which will be next.

I really don't feel that this build needs more damage. I mean, sure, more is always good, but I personally would invest more into survivability - if possible (for example more block without flask).

Getting rid of one ring slot (for essence worm) is hard. Don't really see that happening without a huge investment.

Edit: What did you get from glorious vanity on the Arcanists Dominion node?
Last edited by Influx on Apr 23, 2020, 7:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info