[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

Starting the league late and I was all set to go templar but decided to try this build. I've never taken a scion to high levels. Hope it works out.

While leveling, what nodes do you recommend working towards, after getting Runebinder?

I have never played brands before. Is there a good video that explains how to effectively use brand and recall?
"
melkorien wrote:
Starting the league late and I was all set to go templar but decided to try this build. I've never taken a scion to high levels. Hope it works out.

While leveling, what nodes do you recommend working towards, after getting Runebinder?

I have never played brands before. Is there a good video that explains how to effectively use brand and recall?

1) Added a level 57 tree.

2) I personally have Q=Storm Brand, W=Wave of Conviction, E=Brand Recall. I just hold (or piano, depend on if you enjoy button mash) all three buttons so as soon as I have enough mana, I will cast a new brand. Other times I am spamming brand recall and wave of conviction.

Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 18, 2020, 6:52:46 PM
Thank you for this build, I will give it a try.

Started the league with ed/contagion, went on to cyclone/impale and was looking for a third (and probably last this league) build. Main goal is tankiness without having to put a fortune in it. I was about to try your hoag but the cluster jewels alone are about 12 ex. I like having all my stuff ready to go instead of starting with a budget variant.

+ I never played a scion, how exciting :).

How well can this build tank end game bosses compared to other tank builds (your hoag, max block glads etc)? I dont need to go brain afk and I'm fine if it takes a few minutes, but I don't like risky fights and one-shots.

Edit: And another question: For the wand, which stat would you rate the highest to have a good roll (besides the open suffix)? lightning / spell damage, mana or cast speed?
Last edited by Influx on Apr 18, 2020, 10:05:36 PM
"
Influx wrote:
Thank you for this build, I will give it a try.

Started the league with ed/contagion, went on to cyclone/impale and was looking for a third (and probably last this league) build. Main goal is tankiness without having to put a fortune in it. I was about to try your hoag but the cluster jewels alone are about 12 ex. I like having all my stuff ready to go instead of starting with a budget variant.

+ I never played a scion, how exciting :).

How well can this build tank end game bosses compared to other tank builds (your hoag, max block glads etc)? I dont need to go brain afk and I'm fine if it takes a few minutes, but I don't like risky fights and one-shots.

Edit: And another question: For the wand, which stat would you rate the highest to have a good roll (besides the open suffix)? lightning / spell damage, mana or cast speed?

1) Tankiness is VERY comparable to mana guardian and max block gladiator. Weaker vs physical, stronger vs spell. I would go as far as saying tankier if you don't have GG gear because triple layer + max block is super strong in budget range, and you clear the whole screen without standing still for more than a second at a time.

2) Clears faster than both, especially if you don't have GG gear.

3) Here is a quick weighted sum to get you started on weapon. Archmage builds doesn't really care too much about weapon so no need to spend 1EX on it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/z8mBRl0I4
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 19, 2020, 2:51:45 AM
"Start adding 1-2 Fevered Minds as soon as you can afford the sockets to greatly increase your leveling damage to crush all act bosses."

do we have an interest (or issues) for the build to put more than 2?

Thanks

Era
Great concept idea, will try it out. Would love to see a video of it in action.

How about replacing Dream Fragment with Wrath on Essence Worm and get Freeze imunity on boots or a flask? Or use both of the rings.

Also, what are your thoughts on Omeyocan boots and Kitava's Teachings jewel?

Which enchants are the best for helmet?
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 19, 2020, 9:16:05 AM
Many thanks for the build. Tell me pls What weapon will be the best for this build? i have 30ex for this build...
Last edited by WhiteWolf6666 on Apr 19, 2020, 7:54:42 AM
"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
Many thanks for the build. Tell me pls What weapon will be the best for this build? i have 30ex for this build...

A standard rare would suffice. A good starter would be a Incursion Taciti mod (spell dmg + non-chaos as chaos) + mana/cast speed.

Other luxury mods to look out for are things like chances for spell to do double damage, or a GG combination of high lightning spell damage, mana/cast speed, and one of non-chaos as chaos or chance for spells to do double damage.

Tbh the way that I can think of to further increase our offense is not the weapon, but rather change the chest from Cloak of Defiance to Eternity Shroud, which is the usual endgame offensive option for most elemental/spell builds.
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
Great concept idea, will try it out. Would love to see a video of it in action.

How about replacing Dream Fragment with Wrath on Essence Worm and get Freeze imunity on boots or a flask? Or use both of the rings.

Also, what are your thoughts on Omeyocan boots and Kitava's Teachings jewel?

Which enchants are the best for helmet?

Added a weighted sum search to weapon section:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/bV9gmWRfL

Storm Brand damage penetrates lightning resistance is usually the luxury enchant for storm brand builds.

Wrath will give you 20% MORE damage. However you will lose life, mana, mana regeneration and a lot of resistance. It is more or less a personal preference.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 19, 2020, 11:52:14 AM
Looks quite promising. I like Storm Brand a lot, and have tried both the Hiero and Trickster versions. Neither had block. What's the DPS looking like with reasonable expenditure?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info