[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

Amazing build. Granted this is the most i have ever spent on a build (around 1.8ex). Top notch defense with insane dps. The only time i died was long before i even hit the end-game and i did it trying to rush through Lab.

In my opinion though, gearing for this build isn't very "budget friendly". We lack a ton of resists that can only be pieced together with t1/t2 resists on gloves/ring/belt/boots/shield. I had to overcome this shortcoming by taking Ash, Frost and Storm near Witch start and was considering putting 2 points to get Faith and Steel. My build is nowhere near optimized due to fiddling with capping resists.

Not even close to "Starter Gear - 3800 health, 2800 energy shield, 7200 mana, up to 2.5 million damage per brand" but i am wrecking things as of T11/T12 maps. Yet to find anything higher yet but i'm slowly creeping into unknown territory thanks to this build! I believe Sirus is only a few days away for me.
"
Ezciel wrote:
Amazing build. Granted this is the most i have ever spent on a build (around 1.8ex). Top notch defense with insane dps. The only time i died was long before i even hit the end-game and i did it trying to rush through Lab.

In my opinion though, gearing for this build isn't very "budget friendly". We lack a ton of resists that can only be pieced together with t1/t2 resists on gloves/ring/belt/boots/shield. I had to overcome this shortcoming by taking Ash, Frost and Storm near Witch start and was considering putting 2 points to get Faith and Steel. My build is nowhere near optimized due to fiddling with capping resists.

Not even close to "Starter Gear - 3800 health, 2800 energy shield, 7200 mana, up to 2.5 million damage per brand" but i am wrecking things as of T11/T12 maps. Yet to find anything higher yet but i'm slowly creeping into unknown territory thanks to this build! I believe Sirus is only a few days away for me.

I am thinking how "budget friendly" indeed this would be to start next league. I started this as a third character this league when I was established and with a currency in my pocket. But I love it so much that I would want to start next league, thus the question, how it would feel as a first character, when I barely can afford the cheapest 6-link not talking about all the Fevered Mind's.
"
SauMaris wrote:
"
Ezciel wrote:

I am thinking how "budget friendly" indeed this would be to start next league. I started this as a third character this league when I was established and with a currency in my pocket. But I love it so much that I would want to start next league, thus the question, how it would feel as a first character, when I barely can afford the cheapest 6-link not talking about all the Fevered Mind's.

Assuming archmage brand does not get nerfed too much, this build is perfectly fine for league starter. You can easily clear red maps with 5L and storm brand is one of the best low investment skills.

If it does get nerfed, we can pick whatever high damage skill of the league and add max block to it, and it will be strong. MOM friendly skill is ideal because of the recover on block option.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 30, 2020, 3:32:34 PM
Great build thank you very much! I spent a ton into this build I wanted to eventually make one of the herald builds but this thing clears really fast and it is extremely tanky so I don't really see the need. They are very expensive now anyways. I did do a few modifications. Like brand recall in my wand and Curse on hit support arc / arcane surge because I really love to spam spells.... I just recently grabbed the enchant Bone Offering Grants an Additional +9% chance to block attack damage since it was very cheap compared to the storm brand enchants and I am now going to focus on trying to get more defense just in case.. my damage is already crazy.

I am hoping this will be my first level 100 character it is looking pretty good so far!

Edit: This character was my first deathless Sirus A8. It doesn't seem like too much of a feat because it phases the boss in seconds when I swap chain with controlled destruction.
Last edited by Pause0 on Apr 30, 2020, 5:11:58 PM
Here's my little update:

Was able to finish t16 promenade 80% delicious (3 scarabs, chiseled, and sextants). Decided to really push the build to the limit. You can see that I wasn't running wise oak but that's mainly because my resistances are messed up currently. This run would've been easier if I had the "recover ES on block" mod on my shield. Kosis decided to spawn which was wonderful. I died mostly when I lagged (I play with an ultrabook so my performance isn't great) while being swarmed by huge packs or Kosis did kosis things. (I managed to take him down though).

For the build to be able to do this much with my gear says a lot.

Note that I did this all with chain (even against Kosis). Still working on Vorici for the white sockets.

Last edited by Ceclies on May 1, 2020, 12:38:00 AM
"
hitmantb wrote:
Assuming archmage brand does not get nerfed too much, this build is perfectly fine for league starter. You can easily clear red maps with 5L and storm brand is one of the best low investment skills.

If it does get nerfed, we can pick whatever high damage skill of the league and add max block to it, and it will be strong. MOM friendly skill is ideal because of the recover on block option.

I absolutely agree that Archmage + Storm Brand is a brilliant league starter. Damage mostly comes from pumping up mana so at the start, you don't have to worry about a lot of damage stats. I leveled a Ziz Hierophant and it was clearing maps really fast but was way too squishy T7+ (everything i used on this build was SSF and poorly optimised and at the time i wasn't used to shield charge - i much prefer dash/flame dash but then you can't trigger fortify).

I eventually want to play SSF HC so i'm diversifying and testing builds out. This is definitely at the top of my list
https://youtu.be/lqGnz4nCLsc A8 Sirius
Easy all content.
"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
Easy all content.

Thanks added to the main post!

I will also post your POB as the ultra luxury POB. Very clever 7 fevered mind and I can not believe you got to 6 million damage per brand when flasking with this level of defense.

Where is the -48% lightning resistance coming from? Even without it, you got 5 million per brand which is insane with the amount of defense you have. Others may not be able to afford your watcher's eye or unnatural instinct, but that doesn't add any damage.
Last edited by hitmantb on May 1, 2020, 1:23:57 PM
"
hitmantb wrote:
"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
Easy all content.

I will also post your POB as the ultra luxury POB. Very clever 7 fevered mind and I can not believe you got to 6 million damage per brand when flasking with this level of defense.

Where is the -48% lightning resistance coming from? Even without it, you got 5 million per brand which is insane with the amount of defense you have. Others may not be able to afford your watcher's eye or unnatural instinct, but that doesn't add any damage.

Comparing with my current setup, I achieve 4.4m instead of 5m (ignoring the -48%) without 2x Clarity Watchers, Unnatural and Bottled Faith, while having 78/78/78/79 res, max spell block, 20% - 40% double dodge, similar Life and 1k less ES due to no Watchers. And that is with trading 1 Fevered Mind with No Witnesses for more movement speed. I am ignoring the different movement skill setup in this comparison, which only has Fortify as a difference. Rest of the configuration is the same.

Out of curiosity, I added the 3 expensive Uniques and another Fevered Mind. Dmg goes up to 5.8m, dodge down to 2x 20% and +1.4k ES. I would see that as the ultra luxury version.

Just a suggestion for White:
You can trade 7-8% dps for max Chaos res by changing annoint.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on May 1, 2020, 2:11:08 PM
"
hitmantb wrote:
"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
Easy all content.

50% light pen
Maybe something is not correctly configured in POB...like I checked everything
Spoiler
Last edited by WhiteWolf6666 on May 1, 2020, 2:16:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info