[3.12] Invincible Spectres Necro Summoner - HC Viable - Boss Killer - High Clear Speed

Hi this is an interesting build idea, I might give it a try in Harvest.

Quick questions: Why use Hypothermia if it does not benefit the phantasm ? Is it still a better support than a projectile support gem which would benefit both the frost sentinels and the pahtasms ? Ex: slower proj, fork, chain. Slower proj could be swapped for boss fight only, using fork or chain for map clearing

Another thing: I dont understand the passive tree. There is no necromantic aegis in the tree and yet you advise to pick Victario's charity ?
Last edited by mirage2k640 on Jun 14, 2020, 5:55:50 AM
"
Drakkashi wrote:
Really digging this build.
I'll do what I can to keep the build up to date with the next league changes :)

I appreciate that. Once I've played a build I become capable of adapting it to changes, but doing that without having ever played it is just a recipe for bad.
Last edited by Ghostwise7 on Jun 14, 2020, 6:10:07 AM
In the cluster jewels section:

"Master of Death is also strong and will increase enemies' damage taken from attacks and spells by 10%, which is a massive damage boost compared to most alternatives."

There is no such thing as Master of Death.

It should be Master of Fear.
Last edited by M_atrix on Jun 14, 2020, 7:44:22 AM
"
mirage2k640 wrote:

Quick questions: Why use Hypothermia if it does not benefit the phantasm ? Is it still a better support than a projectile support gem which would benefit both the frost sentinels and the pahtasms ? Ex: slower proj, fork, chain. Slower proj could be swapped for boss fight only, using fork or chain for map clearing

Another thing: I dont understand the passive tree. There is no necromantic aegis in the tree and yet you advise to pick Victario's charity ?

Very good questions. I would also like to know, if watchers eye with Damage penetrates % cold resists will apply to our minions or not ?
I just run the build.. not good gems and items i guess..dmg seems a bit low agains map bosses..will see how it will go.
I think I will do that next week :)... Only 1 question, how to get +1 to maximum number of spectres in the body armour?... Could you add to the craft section?... Thanks in advance...
You recommend Frost Bomb + Elemental Equilibrium. Wouldn't this result in +25% Frost Resistance?

Imo:
Without EE - Frost Bomb
With EE - Armageddon Brand or something else

Or am I not getting something here?

Last edited by Baki on Jun 14, 2020, 12:42:30 PM
"
Vyr75 wrote:
I think I will do that next week :)... Only 1 question, how to get +1 to maximum number of spectres in the body armour?... Could you add to the craft section?... Thanks in advance...

+1 spectre chest can only drop in delve rooms where it says drops minion and aura items afaik.
oooh thanks
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
Whats the idea of Thread of hope ? Of what i saw in POB you didnt pick up any skill that is not connected to the tree or I am missing something?
I am about to start your build now, buying some stuff startng with vis mortis with 20% ele to chaos.

Thread of Hope doesn't show up properly in PoB, because it wasn't ever implemented correctly. I use it to grab Ravenous Horde and Arcane Guardian for massive damage increase and a decent amount of spell block chance for little opportunity cost.

"
mirage2k640 wrote:

Hypothermia does benefit your Phantasms. Also, since we curse enemies with Projectile Weakness (projectiles pierce cursed enemies), Frost Sentinels have innate pierce at long range and fork on every other attack, and Phantasms' projectiles always pierce, you will get little to no benefit from fork and chain support gems. While Slower Projectiles will work, but benefits your minions significantly less than Hypothermia, while also hampering the speed of their projectiles.

We rely on our shield for block. It is crucial that we have a shield for survival purposes, and Victario's Charity will give your minions approx. 40% more damage from frenzy charges alone, which you can easy keep up at all times, regardless of whether you use Necromantic Aegis or not.

"
M_atrix wrote:
In the cluster jewels section:

"Master of Death is also strong and will increase enemies' damage taken from attacks and spells by 10%, which is a massive damage boost compared to most alternatives."

There is no such thing as Master of Death.

It should be Master of Fear.

So it is, I will correct it immediately.

"
AlexAndonov wrote:
Very good questions. I would also like to know, if watchers eye with Damage penetrates % cold resists will apply to our minions or not ?
I just run the build.. not good gems and items i guess..dmg seems a bit low agains map bosses..will see how it will go.

Unfortunately Watcher's Eye very specifically benefits you, while you are affected by particular auras; it doesn't benefit your auras, and won't apply to your minions.

"
Baki wrote:
You recommend Frost Bomb + Elemental Equilibrium. Wouldn't this result in +25% Frost Resistance?

Imo:
Without EE - Frost Bomb
With EE - Armageddon Brand or something else

Or am I not getting something here?

It is correct that Frost Bomb + EE will cause the a monster to get +25% cold res for a fraction of a second, but after that it will get -75% cold res, which will allow your minions to shred minions with incredible amounts of cold res. Your attack speed with Kinetic Bolt (or whichever skill you prefer) should be much high than the pulse interval of the Frost Bomb, overwriting the bad EE effect near immediately.

It also applies a debuff that reduces ES and life regen by 75%, which is very useful against certain bosses and in particular rare monsters with ridiculous life regen.

There are no good offensive alternatives, but you could replace it with Tempest Shield for defensive purposes, if you're not sold on the idea of running Frost Bomb with EE. On a HC character I might do so regardless, and just have the -10% exposure from zombies. -75% cold res really is the sweet spot though, for dispatching elm/cold res rare monsters.
"
Drakkashi wrote:

Hypothermia does benefit your Phantasms. Also, since we curse enemies with Projectile Weakness (projectiles pierce cursed enemies), Frost Sentinels have innate pierce at long range and fork on every other attack, and Phantasms' projectiles always pierce, you will get little to no benefit from fork and chain support gems. While Slower Projectiles will work, but benefits your minions significantly less than Hypothermia, while also hampering the speed of their projectiles.

We rely on our shield for block. It is crucial that we have a shield for survival purposes, and Victario's Charity will give your minions approx. 40% more damage from frenzy charges alone, which you can easy keep up at all times, regardless of whether you use Necromantic Aegis or not.

Thanks for your reply, I stand corrected on Hypothermia. After reading its description more closely on the poe wiki, I understand now it does benefit the phantasms as the sentinels will chill/freeze mobs.

Now, on Victario, I have to say I dont understand what mechanic in your build leads to your minions getting frenzy charges thanks to Victario if you're not picking up Necromantic Aegis. Can you explain ? And I totally agree that a necro should get a shield for survival.
Last edited by mirage2k640 on Jun 15, 2020, 11:37:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info