[3.12] Invincible Spectres Necro Summoner - HC Viable - Boss Killer - High Clear Speed

This build can finish end content?
What this build can't do? i now Hogm is out.
Can do Deli maps?
I've been playing around a dozen builds in SSF this league, last one was some version of this one

Don't have the chest, unending hunger or medium cluster jewel but build is holding pretty well, been doing up to T13/heist 80 at level 75.

Started with frost sentinels and now use 2 Frost auto scouts and one sentinel.

Leveling was real smooth including bossing. According to POB FAS has higher dps and life but they do not pierce or multi projectile. I think the FAS would be a better choice for end game as they are tankier

According to poedb there might be a spectre that might also work well:
https://poedb.tw/us/Primeval_Phantasm
They only spawn in primeval fortress (which I don't have) but they do physical projectile spell damage just like the phantasms. Maybe someone can check them out
"
snowmittens wrote:

According to poedb there might be a spectre that might also work well:
https://poedb.tw/us/Primeval_Phantasm
They only spawn in primeval fortress (which I don't have) but they do physical projectile spell damage just like the phantasms. Maybe someone can check them out

If you stay with skitters/bonechill/hatred/frostbomb/frostbite you should have the main damage source being cold damage. If you want to use physical projectiles, you need to have a 100% damage conversion (with 4xgreen socketed Triad Grips for example)
but Primeval Phantasms damage around half of Frost Autos and their cast time is slower.

Regarding autos its senseful to use anomalous pierce support (quality 20)to pierce through 6 enemies, but even with pierce as support gem they have much more damage than Frosties with build in pierce. I switch to awakened cold pene support ( gem is only 50c) where pierce doesnt help like boss fights.

Have fun
Vhalaa
Kinda wanna try this, I tried my hands on golemancer this league, it was both insanely expensive and not my cup of tea sadly, but I've always been a fan of spectres. I'd like to use the build to grind out the last remaining challenges I need which are mainly boss kills.
You mention that the minions are tanky, are we also tanky or do we survive because they take the hit for us so to speak?
Also why is the POB showing almost no lightning resistance and none capped, I know Im being a big dumdum and missing something painfully obvious but I just dont see it :p
Last edited by Chridian on Nov 17, 2020, 5:32:07 PM
@TheBull100
if doing this with frost auto scouts, the links would be spectre - spell echo - GMP - minion damage - controlled destruction - Pierce (hypo for bosses) ?

And Phantasms linked with stone golem instead or

Edit: I stopped by Karvs stream, he enlightened me about "Pinpoint support", it works on minions, as a replacement of GMP
Last edited by Chridian on Nov 18, 2020, 11:52:30 PM
I was messing around with lots of different builds and thought I would try this one out. However, the pastebin is giving me an error when loading it.. something about a problem with the version of the passive tree.

Is there a more updated pastebin or something?

p.s. I'm still learning a lot on different skills and synergies. Could someone explain a bit more on how elemental equilibrium functions. I initially thought it was counter productive until I saw kinetic bolt in the skill set. Is that how the phantasms are getting a benefit from taking that notable?
Last edited by Apostolos on Jan 10, 2021, 2:04:32 PM
"
Apostolos wrote:
I was messing around with lots of different builds and thought I would try this one out. However, the pastebin is giving me an error when loading it.. something about a problem with the version of the passive tree.

Is there a more updated pastebin or something?

p.s. I'm still learning a lot on different skills and synergies. Could someone explain a bit more on how elemental equilibrium functions. I initially thought it was counter productive until I saw kinetic bolt in the skill set. Is that how the phantasms are getting a benefit from taking that notable?

Are you using regular pob or community fork pob?

And about EE, when you hit something with elemental damage (its important that its your hit , it doesn't work on your minions hits) it raises the mob resistances to that particular element by 25% and lowers the resistance to the other elements by 50%.
In this case since we have a little fire damage in a ring (if i remember right) , when we hit with KB , we lower the lightning and cold resistances , so they receive more cold damage form the spectres.
The phantasms do physical damage (hatred converts some of that to cold , so it benefits them too)
Last edited by nathlar on Jan 10, 2021, 11:13:33 PM
Is it just me or the skill links in the description doesnt match the links in the PoB? Like spectres doesnt have the Phantasm support for example?

Seems like a great concept btw. If the spectres and/or Necromancer ascendancies survive the patch, I may start with this build next season.
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Jan 11, 2021, 3:54:57 AM
can this build go lowlife?
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
Using the 1.14.170 Path of Building on the url on page 1. It works if I just load one of the OP's character's directly via the connection to the web page though. Not sure.

Thanks.. That makes sense. Now I just gotta wait and look at the numbers as the manifesto makes it look like spectres got hit with some rough level restrictions. No idea how much it will have an effect though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info