[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

wheres the leveling guide part?
"
boatingeon wrote:
I'm sort of a noob and I decided to give this build a try.

I finished leveling today and started spending some money on getting gear.

This is my current state: https://pastebin.com/Nr3vgkdD

Nevertheless, I keep getting one shotted in white and yellow maps, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

For some reason I also can't use the 4 auras, it says I have "not enough life", even if I saw people running the 4 auras with less life than me.

I'm super confused.

The auras you get for free using Prism Guardian shield you put wrath zealotry and discipline there,but only use vaal discipline as a energy shield potion button when its up,clarity you put later with Blood Magic gem(in a separte 2 chain socket just dont level it high because we have low strength and low hp as is) that makes it reserve HP instead of mana just like those 3 gems in the shield,but this is an extra step just to get a bit more convertion og life to energy shield because energy shield is your life in this build.

DYING:This build isnt a tanky build you cant run into packs super boldly,first of all Queartz flask with phasing and a good adrenaline quicksilver flask are your best friends(as yo uget playstyle is deliver brands,wait for brands to anihilate while you run around dodging nasty stuff and move forward)in general in this delirium league you cant stand much because delirium ushers you to run forward for more rewards and creates to many shit effects to just stand and not die,also every delirium mob rushes and jumps you like a chimp.
"
xerxis_esp wrote:
Hello everyone, I have dropped this beauty, so... I'm trying to see if it would highly improve my build or just I should sell it for 25 ex or so

I was doing some tests to use it, and other tests using also something like this:

I am not a nice theorycrafter and I really don't know how to improve my build right now (or just stop to make investments and enjoy it). Since I got a clarity watcher eye's my DPS is so high (I changed sanctuary for conviction of power). So my DPS isn't a problem now. I just wanted to improve my survivability. Anyway, I have 8.6k ES, and I think is acceptable.

My POB is this (I don't know if I have well done the DPS checks here):

https://pastebin.com/MCMscYnJ

Thanks!!!

The unnatural instinct would let you save 7 points around foresight/dreamer, but you lose 5% max ES, 20 max ES, and 25% max mana. You also lose a fevered mind, obviously, but your mana cost is probably a bit too high anyway (10289 of your max 10481, potentially leaving you vulnerable to chaos dmg). With those 7 points, though, you could pick up 3 notables and 2 gem slots in a large cluster jewel. Or soul thief, faith and steel, retribution, and a 10% mana (life node above cruel preparation) and 8% mana node.

If you go the cluster jewel route, you could drop everything below soul drinker, path through the top of the tree and drop runesmith and the 2 small written in blood nodes, and have 11 more passives to spend. That's worth two medium cluster jewels and points to spare.
just grabbed a watcher's eye; should i drop a Fevered Mind or the Healthy Mind?
I just got my watcher's too! It's kind of hard to run more than 4 fevered minds without SoT if you're running chain. Healthy Mind is 17% dps for me without the mana cost inflation. I dropped 2 fevered minds and just have an empty socket atm until i figure out what I wanna do. Maybe transcendent flesh in the leftmost socket.
Any suggestions on how to improve defense? The damage of this build is obviously there, but I feel very fragile.

Arcane Cloak and Vaal Discipline only last a few seconds and can't be kept up all the time. I've got 7K ES and 9K mana, and I feel like I'm constantly at risk of taking a couple quick hits and dying, especially in Delirium content or under the added effect of AL8 mods in maps.
Last edited by unsmith on May 17, 2020, 7:16:23 PM
"
unsmith wrote:
Any suggestions on how to improve defense? The damage of this build is obviously there, but I feel very fragile.

Arcane Cloak and Vaal Discipline only last a few seconds and can't be kept up all the time. I've got 7K ES and 9K mana, and I feel like I'm constantly at risk of taking a couple quick hits and dying, especially in Delirium content or under the added effect of AL8 mods in maps.

Me personally, I find it very easy to reach level 95 with SoT albeit way lesser DPS but more survivable, so that may help you. Map layout helps a ton too with the build and kiting, avoid narrow maps which works best with say, a cyclone build, we need to stay outside packs so an open layout - like promenade works best. Heck, I wanted to push to 98 to get 3 more points if I can, or just 1 more level for that arcane vision. You're not tanking anything with this league any time soon, I got a max block gladiator who melts here and there too with mechanics. It's not your build, it's the league, regardless of how much ES you have if you get stunned lock because of some random shit you are dying anyway. I'm semi raging cause I lost 30% lol.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
CREMMUS wrote:
"
jbmcarth wrote:
The wand needs spell crit, which you previously crafted. That's what I'm talking about trigger craft making it harder to get a good wand. mana, spell crit, crit multi, and open suffix is pretty expensive with good values

Oh well, would need to craft it from scratch I guess, when I have the time for it. Anyway, how critical is it to have the lightning/non-chaos damage as chaos to the build? Like is it even a priority mod?

It's just extra damage and can be sacrificed for a QoL like a trigger mod. I'd POB it though, the crit might be a smaller hit than non-chaos as chaos.

I see, tried some, and nonchaoas to chaos seems to be have more hit in dps than crit for me. So, still searching for that perfect hairy pottah wand.
"
wheres the leveling guide part?

Hollow Palm.

If you can't afford it, just the usua: goldrim, tabula, etc, and follow build closely. Make sure to get +mana items at this stage. Archmage does decently while leveling, the limiting factor being Brand Recall's long-ass CD.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
I just got my watcher's too! It's kind of hard to run more than 4 fevered minds without SoT if you're running chain. Healthy Mind is 17% dps for me without the mana cost inflation. I dropped 2 fevered minds and just have an empty socket atm until i figure out what I wanna do. Maybe transcendent flesh in the leftmost socket.

I'm running SoT and had been running five Fevereds, and one Healthy Mind. No chain. Now that I have the watcher's should I drop SoT and respec those ascendancy points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info