[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
jbmcarth wrote:
The wand needs spell crit, which you previously crafted. That's what I'm talking about trigger craft making it harder to get a good wand. mana, spell crit, crit multi, and open suffix is pretty expensive with good values

Oh well, would need to craft it from scratch I guess, when I have the time for it. Anyway, how critical is it to have the lightning/non-chaos damage as chaos to the build? Like is it even a priority mod?
"
CREMMUS wrote:
"
jbmcarth wrote:
The wand needs spell crit, which you previously crafted. That's what I'm talking about trigger craft making it harder to get a good wand. mana, spell crit, crit multi, and open suffix is pretty expensive with good values

Oh well, would need to craft it from scratch I guess, when I have the time for it. Anyway, how critical is it to have the lightning/non-chaos damage as chaos to the build? Like is it even a priority mod?

It's just extra damage and can be sacrificed for a QoL like a trigger mod. I'd POB it though, the crit might be a smaller hit than non-chaos as chaos.
Hey there,

I was wondering how you run all auras as i couldn't find any reservation nodes on the tree. Or do you just run the vaal discipline and not the discipline aura?

Thanks!
"
Hey there,

I was wondering how you run all auras as i couldn't find any reservation nodes on the tree. Or do you just run the vaal discipline and not the discipline aura?

Thanks!

Sanctuary of thought allows you to run them all. Once you have transitioned to the watcher's eye and dropped sanctuary, Skyforths provide the needed amount of reduction to run all 3.
I'm sort of a noob and I decided to give this build a try.

I finished leveling today and started spending some money on getting gear.

This is my current state: https://pastebin.com/Nr3vgkdD

Nevertheless, I keep getting one shotted in white and yellow maps, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

For some reason I also can't use the 4 auras, it says I have "not enough life", even if I saw people running the 4 auras with less life than me.

I'm super confused.
Passives:
You need Sanctuary of Thought ascendancy passive until you can afford a 30+ exalt watchers eye with mana->ES clarity mod. SoT is how you afford the 3 main auras (and clarity if you prefer, but that's really for watchers). You can forgo the watcher's indefinitely, it's not critical to the build, but it's a huge dps boost for min/max later. Respec out of Illuminated Devotion for SoT if you're not ready to do eternal lab.

The build is really starved for points, and building up crit dmg is secondary IMO to getting good base dmg and ES. With that said, I'd respec to something along the lines of this: https://pastebin.com/tk0sThHT until you're 90+ and have the gear for >8k ES without unnatural calm wheel. EO does similar if not better dps compared to crit at the lowest end of this build, until your gear and level improve. You can keep the runesmith wheel if you want; some people seem to strongly prefer 5 brands over 4. With chain for maps, I honestly don't notice the difference. Until you're ready to respec to crit, there's lots of 8-10% mana nodes you can pick up.

cheap upgrades:
The one place I really disagree with the guide on is that Apep's wand kinda sucks as an initial endgame wand. This is your single biggest mana roll slot, so it's worth hundreds of ES. Grab a 5c wand with highest total mana you can find, preferably with a lightning as extra chaos or spell/lightning dmg roll. Don't spend more than 5-10c on this, bc you'll eventually want one with spell crit too. You could go ahead and buy a 50-100c wand with decent rolls (here's mine, ~50c iirc:
but I'd just save for skyforth. Try to replace that mindspiral with a 9 or 10% mana to ES one. Also grab a max mana% foible.

expensive upgrades:
First thing to save for is skyforth for stun protection. Absolutely critical to survival, although you can still level and earn cash in yellow maps before you get it. You'll need to replace all of your rares to manage the hit to resists, so plan in advance. You've got belt/gem/ring x2 to grab all the str/dex you might want for this build. I would even holdoff on 6L until you've got your skyforth.
Last edited by jbmcarth on May 16, 2020, 8:36:11 PM
"
boatingeon wrote:
I'm sort of a noob and I decided to give this build a try.

I finished leveling today and started spending some money on getting gear.

This is my current state: https://pastebin.com/Nr3vgkdD

Nevertheless, I keep getting one shotted in white and yellow maps, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

For some reason I also can't use the 4 auras, it says I have "not enough life", even if I saw people running the 4 auras with less life than me.

I'm super confused.

You have really low energy shield. You need your last lab points to get the mana reservation to reserve everything on life. Your helmet has a low mana as ES roll. You're using a budget wand with no mana. One ring has low ES, the other has no ES. Your amulet has a low mana roll; if you use Foible you want a max mana roll and quality it.

Those would be the starting things to address to get your ES up. You're also close to Faith and Steel so getting those two points are easy.
Thank you all for your super quick response.

I just did the uber lab and sanctuary of thought really changed my ES pool.

I'll address the gear concerns you point out now.

Thanks!
Thanks guys, this is looking way better at the moment: https://pastebin.com/He3gvERy

I'll be sure to save for Skyforth and a better wand next :)

(better rings too)

You've been huge help!
Last edited by boatingeon on May 16, 2020, 9:16:14 PM
Hello everyone, I have dropped this beauty, so... I'm trying to see if it would highly improve my build or just I should sell it for 25 ex or so

I was doing some tests to use it, and other tests using also something like this:

I am not a nice theorycrafter and I really don't know how to improve my build right now (or just stop to make investments and enjoy it). Since I got a clarity watcher eye's my DPS is so high (I changed sanctuary for conviction of power). So my DPS isn't a problem now. I just wanted to improve my survivability. Anyway, I have 8.6k ES, and I think is acceptable.

My POB is this (I don't know if I have well done the DPS checks here):

https://pastebin.com/MCMscYnJ

Thanks!!!
IGN: Pandemia
IGN: Aqueronte (Leveling atm)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info