[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
jbmcarth wrote:
Also, any thoughts on Conviction of Power instead of Illuminated Devotion? Chance to gain power and endurance charges on kill, 5% reduced elemental damage taken, 5% elemental damage penetration.

We pick illumination devotion primarily for the leech (which is converted to ES leech via ghost reaver), which is a large factor in survivability - if you feel that your leech is fine with soul thief, I think it's fine to pick it up.

However, with skyforth the main gain from the skill is the 3 endurance charges, which are good stuff.
Rather than mana flows, I think druidic rite or primal spirit woudl be better.

Druidic would grant 20% flask duration, which is huge QoL, while primal spirit would solve str issues with the +20 str.

Battle rouse also looks like a good anoint, with the 8% dmg taken gained as mana

For chain support, I'm not sure how y'all are getting enough dex, I have just barely enough strength to equip ivory tower as it is (82, just enough), don't really have sufficient dex for chain..
Last edited by spectrearc on May 1, 2020, 8:02:26 AM
hello, sorry for disturb, im novice ingame,
but i follow the build i dont have nothing regen hp and cant spell dash or flame dash,if i remove the bloodmagic works normal
ive done something wrong? if you can help i willbe very grateful
my tree https://pastebin.com/GBFEbNXL

thanks, cheers
"
fullz wrote:
hello, sorry for disturb, im novice ingame,
but i follow the build i dont have nothing regen hp and cant spell dash or flame dash,if i remove the bloodmagic works normal
ive done something wrong? if you can help i willbe very grateful
my tree https://pastebin.com/GBFEbNXL

thanks, cheers

I have no idea what spell dash is. You're also supposed to be using normal dash, not flame dash. If I'm understanding this correctly, your wrath is not supposrted by prism guardian, so if you somehow manage to res 3 auras, you wont' have enough life to use flame dash (which you shouldn't be doing because we don't link blood magic to dash).

Few things I noticed -

1. Get rid of life flask, this is a LL build

2. You did not take sanctuary of thought. You need this to run 3 auras and you're missing about 2k ES because of that

3. Your wrath should be in prism guardian, not clarity. Please re-socket. You need the % reduced mana reservation on wrath from prism guardian.

You're not supposed to be regenerating HP because LL builds primarily rely on ES to tank dmg / mana to tank chaos damage.

Some other misc. stuff:

4. Your wand is pretty bad, attack speed is useless for us - you probably should also get a higher tier of the non-chaos as chaos enchant (yours looks like the t1 version, the t2 version costs only a few chaos).

5. Why run 2 quicksilvers? Given this is a crit build, you should be running a diamond flask. Replace your life flask with a quartz flask as well for survivability.

6. Your mana flask gives reduced mana cost of skills. This is bad - it decreases our dmg. Reroll it.

7. If you can, get a better atziri's, with higher ele as chaos

8. Your boots shouldn't be adding life? We are aiming at a higher mana pool for archmage, ES, and arcane cloak. Pls get one with a good max mana roll, or skyforth.
Last edited by spectrearc on May 1, 2020, 4:45:52 AM
Thanks @fullz & @spectrearc. I just socketed Healthy mind and got depressed that I couldn't double Dash anymore (life too low just as fullz mentioned). Did not know Blood Magic was NOT supposed to be linked to Dash. Split them up into two two-links (Second Wind & Dash; Clarity & Blood Magic) and I seem to be good to go!

On the note of gear critique, how soon should I look at upgrading this wand? I spent about 110c on it thinking it was pretty good bc of all the damage modifiers, but I did not consider +mana at all:

"
Saltbringer wrote:
Thanks @fullz & @spectrearc. I just socketed Healthy mind and got depressed that I couldn't double Dash anymore (life too low just as fullz mentioned). Did not know Blood Magic was NOT supposed to be linked to Dash. Split them up into two two-links (Second Wind & Dash; Clarity & Blood Magic) and I seem to be good to go!

On the note of gear critique, how soon should I look at upgrading this wand? I spent about 110c on it thinking it was pretty good bc of all the damage modifiers, but I did not consider +mana at all:

I would upgrade ASAP, mana on every item is extremely important to us, because it not only adds damage through transfiguration of mind, archmage, and arcane cloak, but survivability through ES conversion - you can look for soemthing like this

+ critical strike chance to spells > 80% (your crit roll is very low)
+ mana (>100)

count (1)
+ 8% elemental damage as chaos damage
+ open affix
+ 5% non-chaos damage as chaos damage
+ critical strike multiplier

you then craft either
+spell damage / +4% non-chaos damage as chaos damage or
+ critical strike multiplier
depending on which one your'e missing

It shouldn't cost too much, use poeapp and live search, I sniped mine for ~20c, it's kinda bad because I can't craft spell damage on it, but for 20c... yeah
Last edited by spectrearc on May 1, 2020, 10:12:45 AM
"
Saltbringer wrote:
First I gotta shoutout @deadbubble again for the tips on the mechanics and passive tree tweaks. Mapping Recall to left click and the survivability from Sanctuary of Thought has been game changing. I'm into T15/T16s with moderate comfort at this point.

My new questions have to do with transitioning from the 1ex POB tree to the 7.5ex tree. What would you guys say the priority passive pathing is in this range? Snagging all the easy socket nodes first? Then Mind Drinker, then Cluster nods? I just pathed to my third socket node and realized that I have no idea when or where to socket Healthy Mind either. Also why do we drop Ghost Reaver?? This passive has been incredible for me and I don't understand how we make up for the loss of survivability from this node (especially after taking Illuminated Devotion). Appreciate any feedback on the matter TIA

I would start with at least 2 sockets. If you have all 6 fevered minds, get all 7 sockets. Healthy Mind is socketed in the socket to the right of Cruel Preparation. This + fevered minds will add ALOT of damage, so get all sockets at the start, provided you have a fevered mind to use.

Also, if by cluster nodes you mean cluster jewels, this build recommends none, as it is point starved. If you want to use clusters, thats something you have to figure out yourself, unfortunately. I personally do not bother.

Ghost Reaver is real nice, but Illuminated Devotion gives ES leech on Surge, which you should have up all the time anyways. The doubled recovery rate is real nice as well, but from my experience, you regain ES fast anyways, especially once you get Cinderswallow. I dropped it had it has not affected me in any real way. Though you can keep it if you feel you really need it. Its only 1 point, which isn't a big deal after like level 90.

And you're welcome! Glad I could help.
Last edited by deadbubble on May 1, 2020, 11:50:57 AM
Thanks guys. @deadbubble-- the cluster nodes I referred to were just the socket nodes themselves. I know we're just cramming Fevered Minds in every socket in the skill tree vicinity, just didn't know which socket paths to prioritize (takes 3-4 pts to reach either of these cluster sockets, whereas only 2 pts to reach the socket for Healthy Mind and 3 pts to reach the one below Mana Drinker). Also are you sure that Illuminated Devotion gives ES leech? The main reason I asked the question earlier is because the skill description states "0.5% Spell Damage Leeched as LIFE while you have Arcane Surge." Also I think OP's guide specifically calls out the ID xx Ghost Reaver synergy in his Ascendancy section.

@spectrearc-- i just did a search on the GGG trade site and wands with those stats start at like 15ex O_O. In your "Count 1" section, do you mean to look for any of those stats + an open affix to then craft one of your crafting recommendations at the bottom? And which is better: spell damage or elemental/non-chaos damage as chaos damage? Why 8% for elemental as chaos and 5% for non-chaos as chaos?
"
Saltbringer wrote:
Thanks guys. @deadbubble-- the cluster nodes I referred to were just the socket nodes themselves. I know we're just cramming Fevered Minds in every socket in the skill tree vicinity, just didn't know which socket paths to prioritize (takes 3-4 pts to reach either of these cluster sockets, whereas only 2 pts to reach the socket for Healthy Mind and 3 pts to reach the one below Mana Drinker). Also are you sure that Illuminated Devotion gives ES leech? The main reason I asked the question earlier is because the skill description states "0.5% Spell Damage Leeched as LIFE while you have Arcane Surge." Also I think OP's guide specifically calls out the ID xx Ghost Reaver synergy in his Ascendancy section.

@spectrearc-- i just did a search on the GGG trade site and wands with those stats start at like 15ex O_O. In your "Count 1" section, do you mean to look for any of those stats + an open affix to then craft one of your crafting recommendations at the bottom? And which is better: spell damage or elemental/non-chaos damage as chaos damage? Why 8% for elemental as chaos and 5% for non-chaos as chaos?

Elemental comes as 8% and Non-chaos as chaos comes as 5% i believe, both are shaper affixes.

You aren't supposed to just buy one straightaway, just start a live search, prices wouldn't have gone up by that much, i saw quite a few at 100c a week ago.

You want a wand with
+mana
+critical strike multiplier
+crit to spells
+ non-chaos/ele as chaos
+ spell damage (if possible)

The trick here is to find one that has 3 of the affixes, and an open affix for crafting hte last. If you search one that has all four, prices will go up exponentially because those are perfect ones, all you need is a good one with 3/4 out of them and craft the last one on. I like one without non-chaos as chaos because you can craft a hybrid spell damage / non-chaos as chaos mod on the bench.

And yes, illuminated devotion needs ghost reaver for synergy. You either pick up soul thief, or drop the 2 points, dump 1 point in reaver, and 1 point in the 10% node around healthy mind.

You cannot pick up both thief and reaver unless you sacrifice points elsewhere, this build is extremely point starved. You literally need every single point until 95.
Last edited by spectrearc on May 1, 2020, 12:43:19 PM
@Saltbringer

Oops lmao, you're right. This build gets ES leech from Soul Thief, actually. And yeah, OP does call out the synergy, and it works well. Though its worth noting that the PoB represents a much more optimized build, so it can be different from the written guide, which is written to be more generalized, in a manner of speaking. Reaver helps alot, which is why its recommended, but its not mandatory, and you can use the extra point for other shit, if you choose to do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info