[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Hello, i have about 3 million dps with storm brand but when i get to red maps(t16) with delirium or doing some bosses like Sirus it's either i get one shot or i one shot. Can you guys look at my POB i don't wanna lose all my exalts invested into this character thank you. https://pastebin.com/84SWnPsf
Last edited by DangerHat on Apr 30, 2020, 6:32:06 PM
"
DangerHat wrote:
Hello, i have about 3 million dps with storm brand but when i get to red maps(t16) with delirium or doing some bosses like Sirus it's either i get one shot or i one shot. Can you guys look at my POB i don't wanna lose all my exalts invested into this character thank you. https://pastebin.com/84SWnPsf

resists

to elucidate, with your chest you are likely running out of mana when you take chaos dam, here's my resists running that chest on BV. that chest does NOT give CI

Last edited by d3viant6 on Apr 30, 2020, 6:58:12 PM
"
d3viant6 wrote:
"
DangerHat wrote:

resists

to elucidate, with your chest you are likely running out of mana when you take chaos dam, here's my resists running that chest on BV. that chest does NOT give CI

So i try to put chaos resistance on my gear and that should fix my defences? Anyway if there's anything on my pob that you see please tell me what i can fix because i keep getting killed at lvl 90 and i can't progress. Thank you!
"
DangerHat wrote:
"
d3viant6 wrote:
"
DangerHat wrote:

resists

So i try to put chaos resistance on my gear and that should fix my defences? Anyway if there's anything on my pob that you see please tell me what i can fix because i keep getting killed at lvl 90 and i can't progress. Thank you!

I don't think your issue is related to chaos damage--I have -60% and never have any problems with it thanks to the build's ridiculous mana pool and high mana regen.

I think your low ES and ES recovery are at least part of the reason why you keep dying. Here's what I would do:
1. Drop Runesmith (not worth it), Mind Over Matter (only protects life, not ES, so is literally a wasted skill point), and Arcane Vision (if you can deal with a lower light radius for indoor, non-Delirium content), and use the 6 points to take the Unnatural Calm wheel. For a build that has so much damage but worries about being rippy, I think the investment is highly underrated.
2. Drop the passive you've put toward the northwest cluster jewel socket and put that point into Ghost Reaver. Doubling your ES leech will make a significant difference with dangerous mobs, since it's our primary way of replenishing our eHP pool.
3. Get a wand with more mana on it (aim for 140+). This will help both damage and survivability, since our ES scales with mana.
4. Get a Skyforth (when you can afford it). This is huge for survivability and also helps damage quite a bit.

I think these should enable you to get 3-4 more levels without too much trouble. If you have 3 million DPS, you shouldn't worry about losing a little to get 25-35% more ES and double your (primary) ES recovery mechanism.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Apr 30, 2020, 8:01:17 PM
Well I just sold the helmet I said for 15ex. Started on 30 something. But I just put that price depending on other people, but it wasnt going to sell.

Six more ex and I have the watchers eye (with 18% mana to ES)

lets gooo

btw killed my first uber elder (two deaths because I fucked up) in my first try ever, so that's something. Also I was able to do Delirium Encounters IV (that I failed with my flicker-dualstrike character)so that's good too.

Last edited by antimufa on Apr 30, 2020, 9:06:48 PM
/
Last edited by Midnitecloud on Apr 30, 2020, 9:21:50 PM
Just gotta say, running Chain Support and QS Flask made a HUGE difference for clear. So much smoother now. Fortunately, due to Chain's 150% mana mult, running it doesn't kill your dps as much as you'd expect.
First I gotta shoutout @deadbubble again for the tips on the mechanics and passive tree tweaks. Mapping Recall to left click and the survivability from Sanctuary of Thought has been game changing. I'm into T15/T16s with moderate comfort at this point.

My new questions have to do with transitioning from the 1ex POB tree to the 7.5ex tree. What would you guys say the priority passive pathing is in this range? Snagging all the easy socket nodes first? Then Mind Drinker, then Cluster nods? I just pathed to my third socket node and realized that I have no idea when or where to socket Healthy Mind either. Also why do we drop Ghost Reaver?? This passive has been incredible for me and I don't understand how we make up for the loss of survivability from this node (especially after taking Illuminated Devotion). Appreciate any feedback on the matter TIA
Last edited by Saltbringer on Apr 30, 2020, 11:11:52 PM
Healthy Mind goes in the socket in witch area.

I played around with the PoB and it looks like EO is an interesting option. Dropping the crit nodes and picking up the ES wheels and spare mana nodes brings dps down to 3.7m (for 7.5ex and 1ex gear) but brings ES up to a whopping 9.5k, and that's with the crit-focused wand on the PoB that only has 76 mana. Max mana wand (mana and spell dmg/mana hybrid) would bring ES to 9.8k.

https://pastebin.com/6bCejesu

Edit: should have grabbed faith and steel for 15% ES with resist all and stuff instead of some of the 6% ES nodes. Melding and resourcefulness might also be better than some of what I took in the linked PoB.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Apr 30, 2020, 11:19:02 PM
Also, any thoughts on Conviction of Power instead of Illuminated Devotion? Chance to gain power and endurance charges on kill, 5% reduced elemental damage taken, 5% elemental damage penetration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info