3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Hello, i play with the setup 7 harmony jewels and 2 emminence jewels (no minions attack speed on stuff).

Can I remove one Harmony or one emminence jewels of the clusters jewels for taking one small cluster with Born of shadow ?

Another question, Ravenous Horde is better than double curse ?

Cheers !

"
Nobzou wrote:
Hello, i play with the setup 7 harmony jewels and 2 emminence jewels (no minions attack speed on stuff).

Can I remove one Harmony or one emminence jewels of the clusters jewels for taking one small cluster with Born of shadow ?

Cheers !

double curse gives much more dmg on bosses. You can just check pob :) But i mean im using Horde anoint cause its very far and double curse is just 3 points... but i guess if minmaxing - its better to invest those points in cluster jewel (third one). I think double curse anointment is expensive?
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
"
Nobzou wrote:

Cheers !

double curse gives much more dmg on bosses. You can just check pob :) But i mean im using Horde anoint cause its very far and double curse is just 3 points... but i guess if minmaxing - its better to invest those points in cluster jewel (third one). I think double curse anointment is expensive?

I'm a bit on the fence about how much Punishment actually helps in practice. In PoB, it's a lot of damage for sure but it relies on your golems actually being melee hit to get most of the benefit.

In a standard boss fight with no adds, I don't see how the boss is likely to melee hit every single golem frequently enough for the majority of your seven golems to have good Punisher buff uptime. At best, you're only getting one or two golems with Punisher buff up at any one time. That's not even taking into account bosses that don't even melee attack, like Sirus for example.

Damage is definitely there when all the stars align so I understand why people go for it, but for me it's too situational to invest in double cursing for.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
"
Nobzou wrote:

Cheers !

I'm a bit on the fence about how much Punishment actually helps in practice. In PoB, it's a lot of damage for sure but it relies on your golems actually being melee hit to get most of the benefit.

In a standard boss fight with no adds, I don't see how the boss is likely to melee hit every single golem frequently enough for the majority of your seven golems to have good Punisher buff uptime. At best, you're only getting one or two golems with Punisher buff up at any one time. That's not even taking into account bosses that don't even melee attack, like Sirus for example.

Damage is definitely there when all the stars align so I understand why people go for it, but for me it's too situational to invest in double cursing for.

I guess its mostly about -20% phys res :) Other effect part yeah, maybe.
"
scrambled777 wrote:

In a standard boss fight with no adds, I don't see how the boss is likely to melee hit every single golem frequently enough for the majority of your seven golems to have good Punisher buff uptime.

In Delirius maps your golems are constantly getting hit. Also, immunity to elemental damage doesn't prevent them from being hit by it, so that still procs the buff.

For difficult bosses, they all have aoe attacks. Easy example would be shaper slam procing the buff for all your golems. Because it lasts 11.5 sec (remember it gets +6 from 2x CIP) I think that's more than reasonable to assume permanent uptime.

In fast mapping, you're totally correct. But I don't even bother cursing at all when mapping quickly.

The "investment" is 3 passive points and 1 gem slot. The real investment comes with saving 3 passives to anoint, but that's late-game min-maxing.
"
skyscan wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:

In a standard boss fight with no adds, I don't see how the boss is likely to melee hit every single golem frequently enough for the majority of your seven golems to have good Punisher buff uptime.

In Delirius maps your golems are constantly getting hit. Also, immunity to elemental damage doesn't prevent them from being hit by it, so that still procs the buff.

For difficult bosses, they all have aoe attacks. Easy example would be shaper slam procing the buff for all your golems. Because it lasts 11.5 sec (remember it gets +6 from 2x CIP) I think that's more than reasonable to assume permanent uptime.

In fast mapping, you're totally correct. But I don't even bother cursing at all when mapping quickly.

The "investment" is 3 passive points and 1 gem slot. The real investment comes with saving 3 passives to anoint, but that's late-game min-maxing.

I was under the impression that such special AoE attacks as shaper slam do not count as a 'melee hit' and would not proc the Punisher buff. To me, only the default shaper melee attack would count as a melee hit but I could be wrong. If AoE attacks could proc the Punisher buff then I would agree that it is worth using.

I might have to give it a go one time to see if it makes any appreciable difference in practice.
"
scrambled777 wrote:

I was under the impression that such special AoE attacks as shaper slam do not count as a 'melee hit' and would not proc the Punisher buff.

After checking poeDB, I'm not actually sure. It says it's an attack, not a spell so I assumed it'd count, but Punishment specifically says melee. Yet kosis bleed attack which is an aoe and looks like a spell procs punishment.
So, one thing I've noticed about all the Golemancer multi-curse builds I've seen is that they all use curse on hit rather than just linking to Bane. Why is that?

Also, this is a really well put together guide. I started a Golemancer 4 days ago and got my first Sirus kill ever yesterday. I just found this guide today and I'm going to move to this build because it's easily the best I've seen of the 4 or so I've seen in the last few days.
"
Deausx wrote:
So, one thing I've noticed about all the Golemancer multi-curse builds I've seen is that they all use curse on hit rather than just linking to Bane. Why is that?

Also, this is a really well put together guide. I started a Golemancer 4 days ago and got my first Sirus kill ever yesterday. I just found this guide today and I'm going to move to this build because it's easily the best I've seen of the 4 or so I've seen in the last few days.

Ah, usually it's to proc EE, but in this case there's no need. I'll make that change.

Well actually, I kind of like the duration storm brand provides. It's essentially an extra 6 seconds plus it jumps to new targets. You can also precast it as well. I suppose it's a matter of preference.

Edit: Oh wait, you'll need a level 21/20 bane to apply the lv 21 curses. This doesn't seem worth it.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Apr 11, 2020, 10:04:00 PM
Groovy. And not that this changes much, but you could move one of the 5% life nodes you have allocated from the Marauder/Sion life wheel, to the 5% life & 8% mana node just right of Heart and Soul.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info