[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
N0esy wrote:

During the storyline, I'd recommend spellslinger Ball lightning/arc/wave of conviction. Go to my profile and see the character "NextStarterBuild". This build is the best leveling build I have played so far.
You can play this build in maps as well to farm currency. It can clear yellow maps confortably, but falls off in red maps.

So, you want to switch to life-based CoC ball lightning before you reach red maps. See my characters "SecondTimeHCAssassin" and "ThirdTimeHCAssassin". The former is life/armour build while the latter is life/ES build. If you are playing in SC, I would recommend going to life/ES because socket coloring is much easier.

Note that these characters are played in HC private leagues, so you can opt for more damage in SC.

Would love a league start guide if you get some time !
Thinking about this for my next league starter. Has anyone tried fitting in an explodey mace instead of the scepter? Or maybe Asenath's gloves? I usually like a character a lot more if it has some source of corpse removal/explosions. I assume the ES on chest is too important to go explodey chest unless you have an insane budget for one with good ES.
Last edited by Obob912 on Jun 13, 2020, 1:21:29 PM
I'm doing this build again for harvest.

Thinking of doing Ball lightning miner as a starter then respec after. Not sure if there is a better starter that can transition well unless someone got a better idea.
"
Obob912 wrote:
Thinking about this for my next league starter. Has anyone tried fitting in an explodey mace instead of the scepter? Or maybe Asenath's gloves? I usually like a character a lot more if it has some source of corpse removal/explosions. I assume the ES on chest is too important to go explodey chest unless you have an insane budget for one with good ES.

In Delirium, I used the Cremator notable from Megalomaniac. This is, in my opinion, the best way to get corpse removal, although finding a good megalomaniac is not easy.
Mace is not a good weapon for this build because of the low base crit chance and high strength requirement.
Hi,
I love the build.
I do not understand one thing though: what do you mean with swapping chaos golem and connecting arcane surge with flame dash when I get the Awakened curse on hit support ? I have acons but do not know where to put this arcane surge gem.
Should i drop the phase run ?
Last edited by zdzichol84 on Jun 14, 2020, 2:04:04 PM
"
zdzichol84 wrote:
Hi,
I love the build.
I do not understand one thing though: what do you mean with swapping chaos golem and connecting arcane surge with flame dash when I get the Awakened curse on hit support ? I have acons but do not know where to put this arcane surge gem.
Should i drop the phase run ?

You drop chaos golem, socket phase run there, and link arcane surge with flame dash.
If you don't use phase run that often, you can drop phase run instead of chaos golem.
Just updated the leveling guide.
Feel free to ask any questions on the leveling section. I guess a lot of important information is missing.

Thanks for the update, great stuff as always!

Can you give us the attack speed breakpoints of SS or is it really not as simple as the CoC ones? I want to test some variations.
Last edited by Alkyen on Jun 15, 2020, 7:28:52 PM
balance manifesto just annonce no more stun immunity on cyclone, how do we get stun immune now? :)
I'm more interested in how the projectile change will affect this build

"
Slower Projectiles
The Slower Projectiles Support Gem now grants a lower value of Less Projectile Speed than before; This is because this single support was massively multiplying the close range damage of certain skills, and all of them were being balanced around the value from this support. It also means we can be more generous with projectile speed granted by other sources.

Molten Strike, Magma Orb and Ball Lightning have had their damage and some other properties improved, as their close range damage is now affected by lowered projectile speed.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info