[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
livejamie wrote:
If I wanted to league start and transition into this what do people recommend?

Poison BV?

Before the next league starts, I will update the leveling section so that everyone (hopefully even beginners) can play this build as a league starter.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Poison BV?

Before the next league starts, I will update the leveling section so that everyone (hopefully even beginners) can play this build as a league starter.

Awesome, thanks.
livejamie
"
N0esy wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Poison BV?

+1
I came here from your Mjolner build, cause I wanted to try that.
Would love to league start this - or just go with an alternative suggestion as assasin and transfer to this.

:)
"
livejamie wrote:

Poison BV?

I leveled it as CoC with claws. You get LGOH from Cyclone (not from Ball Lightning, but it is still great sustain). Mortem Morsu is nice at first (for crit multi), later on Ornament of the East has built in Hits can't be evaded. The only downside is that you miss some dps affixes on your weapon (and a little flat crit chance, 6.3 is still pretty decent though), but that shouldn't matter too much when league starting (you also lack Fortify, but we will have to see if that remains an option in future leagues). Eldritch Battery + Mind over Matter can be very strong choices before transitioning to CI.

As soon as you get the Watcher's Eye, you can transition to CI.

I don't think there is any reason to league start with something completey different. The only question is when you go CI.

Last edited by Shafirion on Jun 5, 2020, 5:54:22 AM
"
Shafirion wrote:
I don't think there is any reason to league start with something completey different. The only question is when you go CI.

I was planning on league starting as ED and then respeccing ascendancy and tree to make the switch to this build again, when I can snipe a watchers eye + sceptre and have cleared most of my atlas since ED can run all kinds of map mods. At least that was my thinking. Happy to see what the boss has cooking for the levelling.
Do you think it is possible to take on Elder/shaper and uber Elder with the budget Version?

I looked at the pobs you provided - even with increaded critical strike chance instead of inspiration support you don't hit 100% crit. How are you able to run ele reflect maps?
Great build! I invested quite alot in this build and it gets better with every exalted i invest.

"
KreetAZ wrote:
Do you think it is possible to take on Elder/shaper and uber Elder with the budget Version?

I looked at the pobs you provided - even with increaded critical strike chance instead of inspiration support you don't hit 100% crit. How are you able to run ele reflect maps?

Did you check power charges on configuration ? I have %100 even with inspiration with cluster jewels.
"
Miyokard wrote:
Great build! I invested quite alot in this build and it gets better with every exalted i invest.

"
KreetAZ wrote:

Did you check power charges on configuration ? I have %100 even with inspiration with cluster jewels.

Ah thanks - i missed to check the power charges :)

May i ask you another question? I checked your profile and saw that you are playing a TR Char like i do.

How would you compare those two builds from a mapping/bossing/survivability and budget view?

Last edited by KreetAZ on Jun 5, 2020, 10:58:09 AM
"
KreetAZ wrote:
"
Miyokard wrote:

"
KreetAZ wrote:

Ah thanks - i missed to check the power charges :)

May i ask you another question? I checked your profile and saw that you are playing a TR Char like i do.

How would you compare those two builds from a mapping/bossing/survivability and budget view?

Hmm. For clear speed TR Trickster is far more superior but lacks survivability compared to this build. TR may be better for budget if you can find the cluster jewels(we still don't know how much they will nerf stacking nodes) and has easy transition from TR/Caustic Arrow league starter builds. Bossing for me is kinda the same since i'm used to dodge everything even with tank builds but this build does the job more easily with more survivability and single dps while toxic rain needs overlapped pods which is hard to sustain in some bosses. Where this build really shines over TR (for me) is the delve and the playstyle(since i like melee builds more).
Is a Staunching Flask not needed?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info