[3.10] Gryph's Spellslingin Volatile+Detonate Dead Necromancer. A LL+Block+Sturdy Girl

First of all, I am loving this build thus far in the leveling process, it's been a blast!
I do however suck at pob calculations and such, not sure how to do it, but I'm wondering, rare ring w/ ele or flammability on hit, would do more than circle of anguish without?
I cant afford circle of anguish with curse on hit, not right now, so a rare for the curse would have to do if that is infact better.
"
Chridian wrote:
First of all, I am loving this build thus far in the leveling process, it's been a blast!
I do however suck at pob calculations and such, not sure how to do it, but I'm wondering, rare ring w/ ele or flammability on hit, would do more than circle of anguish without?
I cant afford circle of anguish with curse on hit, not right now, so a rare for the curse would have to do if that is infact better.

A rare curse on hit ring is better I'd you want to cull and unnerve everything. You can forgo the curse medium cluster jewel and just jam another warcry jewel in its place too. I'm currently trying to finagle that myself. Prob get culling on gloves for example.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

A rare curse on hit ring is better I'd you want to cull and unnerve everything. You can forgo the curse medium cluster jewel and just jam another warcry jewel in its place too. I'm currently trying to finagle that myself. Prob get culling on gloves for example.

Yeaah I'm not at that stage yet, just leveling as a generic life build til around level 80 and then making ye old switcheroo to lowlife, looking forward to it though.
Oh and also I meant to tell you, it was so cool to see you lining up the crafting methods in such a easily understanable fashion, I am actually looking forward to crafting my gear instead of just buying it like I normally do!
"
Chridian wrote:

Yeaah I'm not at that stage yet, just leveling as a generic life build til around level 80 and then making ye old switcheroo to lowlife, looking forward to it though.
Oh and also I meant to tell you, it was so cool to see you lining up the crafting methods in such a easily understanable fashion, I am actually looking forward to crafting my gear instead of just buying it like I normally do!

Nice! Glad you find the crafting tips helpful. I craft a large portion of my gear in general and find it very enjoyable. It's not without risk, but it can really pay dividends with a little bit of knowledge and luck.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

Nice! Glad you find the crafting tips helpful. I craft a large portion of my gear in general and find it very enjoyable. It's not without risk, but it can really pay dividends with a little bit of knowledge and luck.

absolutely, I usually tend to buy smaller upgrades just so I can comfortably get through low tier maps and start crafting from there whenver I try, can't wait for this though :D
actually while I have you here, what exactly are we looking for on wands, because the "adds fire damage" is local and would only affect frenzy correct?
So the "adds fire damage to spells" is more important or am I mistaken?
Does the local added fire help with igniting and therefore help with combustion support?
and apart from that its critical strike chance for spells I'm guessing?
Last edited by Chridian on Apr 8, 2020, 9:41:47 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
areyev wrote:
Warning: rabbit hole inc.

Spoiler
TL;DR Awakened spell cascade in both Desecrate and main setup is a very large dps increase. Like 66% increased DD explosions and 41% increased VD balls per cast. VD earlier in the links than DD seems optimal. It doesn't seem to matter if Desecrate is in helm/gloves/boots.

OK I conducted some further testing on my scion, but it is incomplete because I can't get the attack speed bonuses of the Necromancer. Going to level a Necro today and finish this testing up, but I figured I would share this because I think there is an optimal setup for gem order.

I know Spellslinger is supposed to trigger all gems at the same time, but I wanted to confirm this.

As per the wiki, the order is:

Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body Armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots

Within the 6L the order is:

1⇒2

4⇐3

5⇒6

This info is available on the CWDT page.

Order of gems test (Desecrate in gloves boots or helm):

I did this testing with basic attack and only VD in the main links so I could see wtf is going on. I'm assuming that with barrage the events happen the same as the attacks just at maximum efficiency of the trigger. I also found that attacking with the Bone Offering triggering waiting 4 seconds and attacking again gave LESS VD balls than attacking (bone offering trigger) attacking again, waiting 4 seconds for reset and then counting again. I did this to have the test approximate when Bone Offering goes off in combat as it would obviously always happen after a nomral non-bone offering cast event.

Findings:

Spell Cascade in both:
Average 5.5 balls. About equal between 5 or 6 created. Desecrate position didn't matter.
Awakened Spell Cascade in both:
Average 7.5 balls. About equal between 7 and 8 created. Desecrate position didn't matter.

No matter the order, the first attack only Desecrate goes off. Bone offering in the "trigger spell when you use a skill" wand will not trigger without corpses to consume and does not incur a cooldown until it does so. DD/VD do not trigger, and I think this is because Desecrate takes too much time to spawn the corpses.

Awakened spell cascade seems very worth it if it is in both desecrate and VD.

I tried Awakened in VD but not in Desecrate: Average was 4. Usually it would go with the 5-6 but not infrequently it would somehow fuck up and cast no VD after the bone offering.

Awakened in Desecrate but not VD: Average was 4. Sometimes 5 never 6. Sometimes 3. It would always trigger the 3 in the bottom right corner.

I think the slight delay on the 4 cascades makes them work very well together but not if you mix/match Awakened with non.

If Bone Offering is on cooldown (11 out of every 12 triggers I think?):

Awakened Spell Cascade: avg 8. Varies from 6-10
Spell Cascade: avg 6. Varies from 5-7

Awakened Spell Cascade is pretty obviously superior so I'm going to only test with it for the rest of this.

With Awakened Spell Cascade on both desecrate and the VD/DD setup: VD almost always 8 or 9. Occasionally 7, very rare 6 but no longer any 10s. Over all I think the DD consumption must be allowing desecrate cascades to spawn more corpses.

Same setup only with DD before VD in the link priority: avg probably 5, max was 7 min was 3. 5 and 6 most common.

I counted DD detonations for both as much as I could (you basically have to count them as the blood smears fade), and I swear there was 5 with both VD first or DD first.

So I suspect over all the optimal setup would be Awakened Spell Cascade x2 and have VD before DD in the links of the main setup.

Going to try to piece out a TL:DR ->

Awakened Spell Cascade in the VD+DD links is better than not (yes, naturally).

Are you using Awakened Spell Cascade in DESECRATE? I get the impression that this would not make a difference as the body count max is 10 and it produces 5 per AOE circle.

Overall, yes Awakened is a massive DPS boost. I am currently using my skills in my helmet to get lower mana reserve and room for unearth+GMP on a slinger as well. It results in slightly less damage per hit but the extra corpses from unearth give me more VDs/DDs.

Yeah I thought so too, but it is either the way awakened cascade spreads the corpses or the fact that the corpses spawn after a brief period/cascade spells don't all cast at the same time that makes it better. There is more going on than the cap of 10, because if you do the math.. sometimes there would be 9 VD, plus 5 DD, plus there were corpses on the ground afterwards. So it is definitely spawning and consuming some of them and spawning more. I also tried some with unearth+greater volley as well (which is expensive to reserve because of the 165% mana multiplier), and you could get upwards of 11 VD to go off but normally was averaging around 9 maybe 10. I think it may be possible to do that if you have a shield with -15% mana reservation of skills and drop shield charge to go max dps, but DD is already at 5 (max) without GMP and you are gaining like maybe 25% more VD balls so I doubt it is worth it for straight up DPS.. but the argument could be made for consuming more corpses for attack speed, or maybe dropping DD and adding hypo to the main links for maximum clear speed instead.

Once I'm done gearing my necro I'm going to test if Awakened Spell Cascade + Cremation is a thing. The corpse explosion part is 2/3 of DD, but if 2 projectiles hit it basically makes it even, and if all 3 hit then it is a dps boost. Also covers a larger area. The test is if Cremation spawns 3 blobs instantly then the awakened spell cascade will possibly still kick out 15 blobs with 3 of the geysers still remaining, which would definitely be a dps boost if you ever had to dodge anything during a fight.
Um, how do you keep Conjured Wall up? Flame dash?
"
Chridian wrote:

absolutely, I usually tend to buy smaller upgrades just so I can comfortably get through low tier maps and start crafting from there whenver I try, can't wait for this though :D
actually while I have you here, what exactly are we looking for on wands, because the "adds fire damage" is local and would only affect frenzy correct?
So the "adds fire damage to spells" is more important or am I mistaken?
Does the local added fire help with igniting and therefore help with combustion support?
and apart from that its critical strike chance for spells I'm guessing?

Read Spellslinger one more time :P

It adds damage from your WAND to your linked spells. That is all local wand damage. Then from there added fire to spells and fire damage. +1 Fire Spells, etc...

Spell crit not useful as we are not a crit build, but would be if you wanted to take that direction.

"
areyev wrote:
Um, how do you keep Conjured Wall up? Flame dash?

YUP! I rotate between Shield Charge and Flame Dash constantly. Whenever shield charge STICKS (obstacle) at ALL I flame dash to keep moving. Works wonderfully.

"
areyev wrote:

Yeah I thought so too, but it is either the way awakened cascade spreads the corpses or the fact that the corpses spawn after a brief period/cascade spells don't all cast at the same time that makes it better. There is more going on than the cap of 10, because if you do the math.. sometimes there would be 9 VD, plus 5 DD, plus there were corpses on the ground afterwards. So it is definitely spawning and consuming some of them and spawning more. I also tried some with unearth+greater volley as well (which is expensive to reserve because of the 165% mana multiplier), and you could get upwards of 11 VD to go off but normally was averaging around 9 maybe 10. I think it may be possible to do that if you have a shield with -15% mana reservation of skills and drop shield charge to go max dps, but DD is already at 5 (max) without GMP and you are gaining like maybe 25% more VD balls so I doubt it is worth it for straight up DPS.. but the argument could be made for consuming more corpses for attack speed, or maybe dropping DD and adding hypo to the main links for maximum clear speed instead.

Once I'm done gearing my necro I'm going to test if Awakened Spell Cascade + Cremation is a thing. The corpse explosion part is 2/3 of DD, but if 2 projectiles hit it basically makes it even, and if all 3 hit then it is a dps boost. Also covers a larger area. The test is if Cremation spawns 3 blobs instantly then the awakened spell cascade will possibly still kick out 15 blobs with 3 of the geysers still remaining, which would definitely be a dps boost if you ever had to dodge anything during a fight.

I borrowed an awakened spell cascade to put into desecrate and I cannot see any difference at all in corpse production (yes I removed unearth first ha)

Also Cremation has a 3 geyser max without helm enchant AND when you're spamming single target you'll be lucky to get 1-2 projectiles out of the geyser. That and the corpse explosion is 4% of corpse life vs 6% (Detonate Dead's) so you lose a lot of DPS there as well. I think if you wanted to incorporate it into the build it would have to be on its own 4L NON-SLINGER setup to bolster single target DPS. Maybe similar to what I have with my helmet and just keep the standard 6L in Shavs as it is now.
aaah crap I completely skipped over that line, so sorry, it makes perfect sense now!
Btw, I always struggle with deciding when to make the swap to lowlife, do you have any pointers or rule of thumb I can go by?
Do you finish the entire campaign, do you switch before kitava for instance?
"
Chridian wrote:
aaah crap I completely skipped over that line, so sorry, it makes perfect sense now!
Btw, I always struggle with deciding when to make the swap to lowlife, do you have any pointers or rule of thumb I can go by?
Do you finish the entire campaign, do you switch before kitava for instance?

I had my shavs and helmet ready to go. I swapped at like level 70 when I could reserve all my stuff and equip all my ES gear. Crystal belt comes at 79.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info