[3.10] Gryph's Spellslingin Volatile+Detonate Dead Necromancer. A LL+Block+Sturdy Girl

"
Tommella wrote:

you have not been rude dw xD.
i know the budget is high but i'd like to understand if trying to improve this build could lead to an higher dps compared to the classic version. the 3/1 voices jewel are extreme min-max and not needed ^^.

There is always room to improve a build. But I still think it is hard to compare a 130+ EX build to Gryphs guide. You can easily craft all items your own, even the cluster jewels and it will carry you all the way through.

The biggest mistake you can do probably is, to play PoE while watching one of the top streamers. "Oh, an exalt". "oh, a 6 link shav." "Oh, corruption chamber". "Oh, an exalt.". I stopped doing it cause I tend to expect my gameplay to be on the same level as theirs, which is impossible. It simply is. And while expecting that, I spent hours in forums, on youtube and in PoB to watch what I theoretically could improve, but never will cause I did not play and therefore had no currency to do so.

So, the best advice I can give - and that proves every league at least for me - take a solid build you like and stick to it until you reach red maps regardless how easy other builds look like. Then you have to decide if you want to grind to farm currency for another build or if you want to invest the currency you gained into the build you play to make it end-game viable. Once you have a build that can farm, everything is possible in PoE. It is impossible to not make money from mapping alone - all the other content is just a bonus to that.

There are so many different VD builds this league - Life based, ES, Cast on Crit, tons of different gear setup and auras/dmg buffs/minions. I dont know where Gryph takes his build at the end, but in its current state (his PoE profile) it rocks for me and I dont see any reason trying to implement a Herald or something. Decent dmg, good surviveability and fairly speedy as well.

If I would like to have a VD build that uses a buff not part of that build, I would watch the forum to find one that does. Pretty sure that each combination at least was discussed.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
Tommella wrote:

you have not been rude dw xD.
i know the budget is high but i'd like to understand if trying to improve this build could lead to an higher dps compared to the classic version. the 3/1 voices jewel are extreme min-max and not needed ^^.

There is always room to improve a build. But I still think it is hard to compare a 130+ EX build to Gryphs guide. You can easily craft all items your own, even the cluster jewels and it will carry you all the way through.

The biggest mistake you can do probably is, to play PoE while watching one of the top streamers. "Oh, an exalt". "oh, a 6 link shav." "Oh, corruption chamber". "Oh, an exalt.". I stopped doing it cause I tend to expect my gameplay to be on the same level as theirs, which is impossible. It simply is. And while expecting that, I spent hours in forums, on youtube and in PoB to watch what I theoretically could improve, but never will cause I did not play and therefore had no currency to do so.

So, the best advice I can give - and that proves every league at least for me - take a solid build you like and stick to it until you reach red maps regardless how easy other builds look like. Then you have to decide if you want to grind to farm currency for another build or if you want to invest the currency you gained into the build you play to make it end-game viable. Once you have a build that can farm, everything is possible in PoE. It is impossible to not make money from mapping alone - all the other content is just a bonus to that.

There are so many different VD builds this league - Life based, ES, Cast on Crit, tons of different gear setup and auras/dmg buffs/minions. I dont know where Gryph takes his build at the end, but in its current state (his PoE profile) it rocks for me and I dont see any reason trying to implement a Herald or something. Decent dmg, good surviveability and fairly speedy as well.

If I would like to have a VD build that uses a buff not part of that build, I would watch the forum to find one that does. Pretty sure that each combination at least was discussed.

I see what you're saying and i tried Gryph's LL version some weeks ago and is awesome. but right now i have 100ex to spend and ,for my final build of the season, i was looking for a witch herald stacking build to try it before the nerf next season and by chance I found this build that intrigued me. i'll try to work on it to see what comes out xD
"
Tommella wrote:

I see what you're saying and i tried Gryph's LL version some weeks ago and is awesome. but right now i have 100ex to spend and ,for my final build of the season, i was looking for a witch herald stacking build to try it before the nerf next season and by chance I found this build that intrigued me. i'll try to work on it to see what comes out xD

So you are one of those "from zero to hero" guys. I dont get the point.

1. you asked for an advice to a build that is different to the one you comment to.
2. you say you are new to poe.
3. I kinda feel retarded that I wrote a novel to explain shit to someone who has 100 ex in his first ever league.

Good luck fellow citizen...
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"

Not sure what purpose of that comment was. Politics by any means should not enter any PC game.

Referring to the stimulus check as a joke, but geez, ok.... duly noted...
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
Tommella wrote:

So you are one of those "from zero to hero" guys. I dont get the point.

1. you asked for an advice to a build that is different to the one you comment to.
2. you say you are new to poe.
3. I kinda feel retarded that I wrote a novel to explain shit to someone who has 100 ex in his first ever league.

Good luck fellow citizen...

honestly don't understand what you mean by from 0 to hero. it's not that i started to play 1h ago and i have 100ex.
i played 300h, started with enki's arc build, then tried other 8/9 build. it is true that it is my first league but i'm not new to the genre... and honestly is really easy to do currency. just doing simulacrum/uber/sirus no stop will give you a shit load of currency ^^

for the build i'm sorry if is off topic but i thought here could be a good place to discuss it since it's also LL volatile+detonate dead, even if some things are different.
Hi Gryph, i really enjoy your build guide. Pretty Sturdy gurl.

I just compared your and mine character in pob and you seem to have nearly double the dps. Can you give me an advice on how to improve?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Laanik/characters
It´s AffeBanane. I thought it might be my lack of cdr on belt and boots, and awakened spellcascade. and maybe the second anguish, but all of those are 10+exalt upgrades. Your Helmet is sick...

Ps: thanks for your effort of writing those guides and sharing your builds with the community.
Last edited by Laanik on Apr 26, 2020, 9:22:41 PM
"
Laanik wrote:

I just compared your and mine character in pob and you seem to have nearly double the dps. Can you give me an advice on how to improve?
It´s AffeBanane. I thought it might be my lack of cdr on belt and boots, and awakened spellcascade. and maybe the second anguish, but all of those are 10+exalt upgrades. Your Helmet is sick...

Ps: thanks for your effort of writing those guides and sharing your builds with the community.

Hey so get a better wand with flammability on hit suffix if you can. That alone will let you replace that ring with another circle with fire damage+buff effect which is a really huge DPS boost.

Regarding the discussion about the herald stacking lowlife build: I was not impressed by the video. For all the expense you'd put into making that work the damage doesn't appear to be any higher. No doubt he's stacking purities for better elemental mitigation at least.

My thought? not worth it imo.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Apr 27, 2020, 1:08:44 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Laanik wrote:

Hey so get a better wand with flammability on hit suffix if you can. That alone will let you replace that ring with another circle with fire damage+buff effect which is a really huge DPS boost.

Regarding the discussion about the herald stacking lowlife build: I was not impressed by the video. For all the expense you'd put into making that work the damage doesn't appear to be any higher. No doubt he's stacking purities for better elemental mitigation at least.

My thought? not worth it imo.

Alright thank you, changed what you said and "crafted" a belt with cdr and lvl 22 rallying cry. Damage is really good now and i have 1 more socket to use.
Last edited by Laanik on Apr 27, 2020, 8:42:41 PM
I can't face-tank wave 20 Simulacrum, How should I improve my gear ?

POB:https://pastebin.com/zZSEwhqa
Is there a way to get cooldown recovery speed to show in PoB? I added it in to see what it would do, but didn't change the DPS. Wanted to see if it's worth dropping 30ex. Also, not seeing acane surge in PoB trigger, am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by The_Sin on Apr 30, 2020, 1:02:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info