[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

The ascendancies in the end game PoB looks odd, is there an error there? Taking a 20 dex/int node and not using all 8 points seems off.
Instead of going for the extra 3 skill points even if you're not using the starting point for anything.
"
Rinani wrote:
The ascendancies in the end game PoB looks odd, is there an error there? Taking a 20 dex/int node and not using all 8 points seems off.
Instead of going for the extra 3 skill points even if you're not using the starting point for anything.

nice spotting it out, i wasn't aware of that. But anyway I've fixed it.

Starting from Ranger or Templar also works just a FYI
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jun 18, 2020, 6:01:53 AM
According to AKANE's video Thread of Hope with large radius is not able to pick the Saboteur node and if it will be the same ingame, does it mean that it is a strong pick now for amulet anointment? In comparison to Destructive Apparatus and obviously Divine Judgement which was nerfed.
"
I'd say go scion right from the start this league. Having agnostic on the tree and super close to the scion start will be major game changer. Path out right and up to/around shadow first to get the essential 2 or 3 major mines clusters. Then go back across witch to MoM and then go down out of scion thru resists > life > agnostic. Can always get the 4 resists node going to sentinel earlier if you have bad luck getting decent resists going before/after A5 penalty.

Take leveling a bit slow if necessary and make sure to keep updated mana flasks once u have mom/agnostic. At level 65 do whatever it takes to get your hands on the 20quality enduring eternal mana flask of warding. The build revolves around this flask. By this point you should be sorting out your other flasks as well and from 65-70 get rolling into maps. Just grind whatever tier maps your gear and skill level allows early on focusing on player and gem experience. Staying in lower maps for a few extra levels(while not risking death for exp penalty) for some extra passives and getting 1 or 2 levels on all your gems makes a much bigger difference than new players realize sometimes. Those few extra nodes and gem xp can get you like 20-40% more damage/defense and makes the transition into tougher red maps far easier.

Thx for the information, gonna try it out as league Starter atlest, i mean if i cant play it i still can level a new char.
I sometimes find the high apm of mine builds hard on my hands, so I'm considering running this build but using lightning trap. Any major red flags with that option?
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"
elmasone wrote:
So after the slow projectiles nerf, we scale our damage with increased area effect until we can max out Ball Lightning and get 13 hits which happens
at 100% increased area damage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgjOHtwcmPk).

I think ascending Sabo to start with will make sense, since it gives the 30% area effect which just became basically a 30% more damage mod for us.

However I also agree the extra 8% MoM is so good in late endgame. How can we get it back? One thing I noticed is that the Scion section has a good Unnatural Instinct socket that yields 3 area effect small passive nodes that lead nowhere. Plus it gives a lot of extra mana and mana regen and random skill effect duration.

https://pastebin.com/FBMjRhpx

I also saved a few points by pathing from Ranger starter zone.

An option you didn't take is Battle Rouse; I guess our recovery is just so high that it doesn't matter?

Thinking about using this build as a starter instead of the Sab version as I prefer the better defense and have some questions.

How do we reach 100 % increased AOE? I only count 50 % in your final tree with Hiero.

How feasible is res capping as we use so many uniques?

Why do we not use Watchers for 10 % MoM?

Recovery is really high although it has been nerfed some. That tree and items is a bit rough. That 10% area damage node does not work with ball lightning fyi.

You have to invest into aoe nodes, you can get 30% from unnatural instinct pathing, 20% from 2x 10% nodes in witch tree, you can annoint the 20% area of effect mine jewel Blast waves, and you can get 24% ball lightning enchant on helm although arcane cloak mana enchant is better but that was like 50 ex. Sabo gets 30% if you are ok with 48% mom.

You should have overcapped resists with good gear. Tri res gloves, resists from belt, and lots and lots of jewels with resists cause scion. This build wants a double clarity watcher's eye with 10% mom and 30% mana recovery rate. 10% mom for the economical pickup.

I was also eyeing wind dancer for a 3 point pickup: 20% damage reduction if you haven't been hit might be really good for this build with the 75/75 dodge + blind, depending on what the new scary league mechanics are.
"
malebranche wrote:
I sometimes find the high apm of mine builds hard on my hands, so I'm considering running this build but using lightning trap. Any major red flags with that option?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661748

Here you go, you will want to be a shadow->saboteur for traps and not a scion for this as they get insane trap nodes that make your traps trigger twice and trigger your other traps and cooldown recovery for your traps. It will not be as good with scion.
How about annointing Adjacent Animosity? Is 10 % reduced projectile speed good enough? Would be 5 points for normal allocate. Would cap mines at 13 hits with only 41 % increased AoE.

Also as we have have nearly no chaos res, how good is the build vs chaos damage and esp. DoT?

Anybody has done Simulacrum with Kosis at 20? How does the build fare at last Simu waves?
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Jun 18, 2020, 1:46:58 PM
Wait the timeless jewel wont be needed anymore right?
Last edited by velyyn on Jun 18, 2020, 5:29:14 PM
"
Ciatlov wrote:
"
elmasone wrote:
While wearing an Indigon, if I queue an enduring mana flask and a foreboding hybrid flask at the same time, what happens? Does the life recovery from both Indigon and the Foreboding flask apply?

Tested this a bit for you. Both flasks can run concurrently. The life flask portion of the hybrid flask ends as soon as you hit full health with any prefix which is instantly with your mana flask running since this build has crazy recovery. The mana portion of the hybrid continues to run with enduring/foreboding but is a negligible amount. Think the life recovery was nerfed at some point.

Thanks for testing I really appreciate that.

Agreed that if life recovery stops at full health, this idea doesn't have a lot of promise. Oh well!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info