[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

Arcane Cloak

Now has a mana cost of 0 (rather than no mana cost).

Is this a bad thing?Would it still work with Indigon?I mean it just looks suspicious to me,but maybe im just a bit paranoid)
Last edited by Dartoberon on Jun 17, 2020, 8:07:59 AM
"
Dartoberon wrote:
Arcane Cloak

Is this a bad thing?Would it still work with Indigon?I mean it just looks suspicious to me,but maybe im just a bit paranoid)

I think they did it like that, so the items that now gives something like +40 to mana cost of skills, also increase the cost of Arcane Cloak, so if you are doing Archmage with a ton of increased mana cost, some of your mana goes to the cost of Cloak, instead of being sacrificed.

Non-archmage builds should notice any difference, afaik.
"
Dartoberon wrote:
Arcane Cloak

The change has almost no meaning tbh

It used to cost no mana, but i have no idea what this mana cost does, maybe flat mana cost consumption increase? No idea.

I don't really recall any skills that gives flat mana increase, % inc mana cost won't affect this particular stat (still will affect arcane cloak)
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jun 17, 2020, 8:44:48 AM
"
Ciatlov wrote:
Skill change thoughts:

Testing the build with only 30% slower projectiles instead of 50% the spread of the ball release is a bit further giving the skill less pinpoint damage and a bit more area which should only make bossing with this build slightly worse but mapping should be fine.

Cluster jewel changes:
Spiked concoction from 10% magic flask effect to 20% for 4s on all flasks after flasking, this is a pretty big buff assuming you flask correctly. Definitely want 1 or more if they stack. Assuming your flasks last 9 seconds fully geared you would need to mana flask once or twice between your full flask rotation to keep this buff up.

Numbing Elixir got full changed to be 40% reduced ailment/curse effect, which opens some options up for this build to get ailment/curse immune, at the cost of alot of regen.

Liquid inspiration lost 5% mana recovery rate but probably bis for this build with 30% mana recovery from flasks and 15% mana.

League start: This build will definitely be worse than saboteur as a league starter as you get almost no damage from ascendancy or starting areas and have no good flasks or jewels to abuse and are alot farther from damage nodes. If you do league start an untwinked scion I think you definitely don't follow the normal flask tree and rush into the shadow area to grab the mine nodes. It's probably better to go shadow saboteur and make your scion once you have the gear that makes this build work.

Aside from no damage nodes, you also lack of life when you start Scion, I noticed this because I did a untwinked start on my stream yesterday. It still feels fine but not as great as sabo start, but you'll be faster if you started with Scion and know how to control it well

I do agree with your statement don't get me wrong, but releveling a build to me just feels bad =p
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

I don't really recall any skills that gives flat mana increase, % inc mana cost won't affect this particular stat (still will affect arcane cloak)

They changed a few uniques like:

"
Apep's Rage: No longer increases the mana cost of skills by 40%. Instead, it now grants +40 to the mana cost of skills. Existing versions are unaffected by these changes.
"
Avous wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

They changed a few uniques like:

"
Apep's Rage: No longer increases the mana cost of skills by 40%. Instead, it now grants +40 to the mana cost of skills. Existing versions are unaffected by these changes.

Oh yeah that looks pretty good for our specific build, could be a budget weapon but we'll lack some increase.
I just thought that may be,after that change,it will start count that zero mana cost of AC to indigon,instead of % of current mana spend by AC,as direct nerf for the combo.Well i hope im wrong here.GGG wouldnt do that,right?Right?(
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

Aside from no damage nodes, you also lack of life when you start Scion, I noticed this because I did a untwinked start on my stream yesterday. It still feels fine but not as great as sabo start, but you'll be faster if you started with Scion and know how to control it well

I do agree with your statement don't get me wrong, but releveling a build to me just feels bad =p

I've checked your stream but it doesnt answer to my biggest fear :(
Im worried much not about story mode, but about pushing atlas untill red maps without gear. It could struggle. Sure, we can stay on white-yellow maps or even farm BA to get currency, but if smn want to make profit from fast atlas and bosses im not sure now it can handle as good and fast Sabo.

How much worse is it with act-early maps gear compare to Sabo on maps yellow/red?
Last edited by omgree on Jun 17, 2020, 9:28:23 AM
Looking at the new tree:

For 2 or 3 points you can pick up the new dynamo nodes right beside The Agnostic which along with agnostic notable may help this build before you can make good cluster jewels. With bad gear and gems your gonna be relying on arcane cloak to do heavy lifting before you can get enough crit and gear. With Dynamo early a 65% arcane cloak gives back 20% mana so it will work with a bit less recovery and might be a huge quality of life buff for this build helping your buff uptime.

With the cluster jewel changes the build loses 15% global mana recovery, (about half a watcher's eyes worth) and trades 6% physical mitigation for 40% flask effect duration. But i think you can make use of that by switching your quartz and quicksilver to alchemist flask 33% reduced duration 25% increased effect and with all that flask effect duration you can still achieve ~7.5 second quality flask time and eek out a bit more move speed and spell dodge.

The trap/mine medium cluster jewels look alot stronger after the re balance and relatively unchanged. Might be a good option before you feel comfortable using RF + Flask cluster jewels. 10% chance for mines to detonate twice depending on how that works would be really strong, if it's a double damage mod or more like tremor rod.
Last edited by Ciatlov on Jun 17, 2020, 12:24:52 PM
Supreme Ego for Wrath instead skitterbots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info