[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

Do you think this same build could be achieved but using doryani's prototype as opposed to CoD, and then just grabbing MoM on the tree. I'm just really interested in the new doryani's and want to play BL mines but don't know if it would even be viable
"
joey7x wrote:
Do you think this same build could be achieved but using doryani's prototype as opposed to CoD, and then just grabbing MoM on the tree. I'm just really interested in the new doryani's and want to play BL mines but don't know if it would even be viable

CoD is insanely strong as it gives 40% MoM, if you drop it you have to extend out 3 points just to get a 30% MoM, which is a survivability hit. Then we lose out base mana, which is a blow to our damage and defense.

By having doryanis, penetration is useless. Additionally you want your lightning res as low as possible which is not great as our boots have built in lightning resistance too

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jun 16, 2020, 11:47:06 PM
"
omgree wrote:
I've just read all the pages and now not sure its comfort build to league start since its very-very items depended. Even having like 90% people having ussues and survability. May be im wrong and some who already league started as this build on can say how to play it efficient before we can get all the major items? Or its better to start any other less items dependend charactet (classic bl sabo fo example) and make this as 2nd char? But for now it feels like alot of struggle, deaths and disadvanteges compare to other builds at the start.
Actually would love to see an addition as "league-start section"

Remi, could you also please give a little info on "playing this build as league starter" or it will be alot of struggle and better play as 2nd build, if not - some tips on gearing and playing early on maps while we dont have 99% of the gear
"
omgree wrote:
"
omgree wrote:
I've just read all the pages and now not sure its comfort build to league start since its very-very items depended. Even having like 90% people having ussues and survability. May be im wrong and some who already league started as this build on can say how to play it efficient before we can get all the major items? Or its better to start any other less items dependend charactet (classic bl sabo fo example) and make this as 2nd char? But for now it feels like alot of struggle, deaths and disadvanteges compare to other builds at the start.
Actually would love to see an addition as "league-start section"

Remi, could you also please give a little info on "playing this build as league starter" or it will be alot of struggle and better play as 2nd build, if not - some tips on gearing and playing early on maps while we dont have 99% of the gear

Since you have easier access to agnostic, you are going for life first, as soon as you have enough mana regen and decent mana rolls (about near 4k mana) you can immediately transition into agnostic version. The problem with Scion early on is lack of life, so you need a lot of life and mana from your gear, it should be fine when you have a lot of mana and decent mana regen for your survivability.

The major item will be the amulet, that is a must get. Try to anoint some mana nodes (cheap ones ofc). But build will be able to work without it. But you start off as a generic life build which also works fine.

I tried leveling as Scion BL miner on my stream yesterday, the struggle is lack of life on the tree early on. So if you get any life gear early on you will be good in terms of survivability.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

Since you have easier access to agnostic, you are going for life first

Thanks for detailed answer! Compare to classic sabo it should still map fast? Im not worried about little struggle during story mode, i do care most about mapping process and efficient :) So for mapping good hp pool and base dmg on lets say 4l is enough for white-yellow one?
Btw do you start this league with PF+Hiero(also starting point for MOM before we get armour) or PF+Sab still better?

Also found BL example calculation on reddit:

"
It lost 5% damage. Refer to the [Ball Lightning DPS calc.] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hlylu1xZGs7WY8SD4bJdDoEy-9HQH68zqoA-n0U5TmU/edit#gid=272609148)

49% wasn't even necessary to hit the 13 hit cap. Going down to 30% you (coincidentally) lose 30% damage (10 hits from 13), but gain 25% more raw damage. If you pick up a single area cluster on the tree (i.e Blast Waves) to up our total hits to 11, you actually have gained damage.

100,000 base hit before * 13= 1.3M

125,000 base hit now (with blast radius) * 11 = 1.375M
Last edited by omgree on Jun 17, 2020, 12:55:40 AM
Check out the new "Dynamo" cluster right between the life wheel and the new Agnostic keystone. It's... insane for Arcane Cloak builds.

So for league starter, will this work copying Sab BL miner while leveling? i.e. Tremor Rod mainly.
So, now we need Distilled Perfection and Liquid Inspiration on cluster =)
"
citizenX wrote:

So for league starter, will this work copying Sab BL miner while leveling? i.e. Tremor Rod mainly.

Im thinking the same way to go. Need alot of regrets soon to respec after to Hiero
Been messing around in POB with the new tree. Dropping pain attunement and the jewel to pick up agnostic (either through life wheel or mana nodes) puts us at 98 / 99 (still doable, maybe dropping some jewel sockets.)

For clusters, maybe Liquid - Distilled - Spiked Concoction?

Also, any thoughts on Hiero over Sab for late game ascendancy? Looking forward to your suggestions on 3.11 changes!

Edit: just spotted divine judgement changes as well (lost the pen, now just 50% flat ele damage.) Not sure if its still worth early on but probably.

Double edit: you can hit Agnostic from mana jewel with a medium thread of hope, would also let you pick up dreamer as well. Doing this lets you save 1 passive point
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
Last edited by GrandpaPenguin on Jun 17, 2020, 7:43:21 AM
Skill change thoughts:

Testing the build with only 30% slower projectiles instead of 50% the spread of the ball release is a bit further giving the skill less pinpoint damage and a bit more area which should only make bossing with this build slightly worse but mapping should be fine.

Cluster jewel changes:
Spiked concoction from 10% magic flask effect to 20% for 4s on all flasks after flasking, this is a pretty big buff assuming you flask correctly. Definitely want 1 or more if they stack. Assuming your flasks last 9 seconds fully geared you would need to mana flask once or twice between your full flask rotation to keep this buff up.

Numbing Elixir got full changed to be 40% reduced ailment/curse effect, which opens some options up for this build to get ailment/curse immune, at the cost of alot of regen.

Liquid inspiration lost 5% mana recovery rate but probably bis for this build with 30% mana recovery from flasks and 15% mana.

League start: This build will definitely be worse than saboteur as a league starter as you get almost no damage from ascendancy or starting areas and have no good flasks or jewels to abuse and are alot farther from damage nodes. If you do league start an untwinked scion I think you definitely don't follow the normal flask tree and rush into the shadow area to grab the mine nodes. It's probably better to go shadow saboteur and make your scion once you have the gear that makes this build work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info