[3.8] SystemXTV Lightning LL TrapR ✔️HC Viable ✔️12K ES ✔️All Bosses EASY ✔️Budget/Starter Viable

"

Spoiler

Thanks to all the other guide-writers who inspired me and special thanks to twitch/waggle for the idea back in 3.5 to this build, though with some drastic changes and development since.

"
💚 PROS & 💔 CONS

💚 Does all map mods (if no regen, just exchange 1 flask for a mana flask)
💚 Does all content with ease. (blow up uber elder and shaper with instant phases)
💚 Not a meta-life build!
💚 Uses mostly rares. (Can go from a few chaos budget to an epic 100ex+ endgame if you fancy)
💚 Can kill endgame bosses on a 5L.
💚 Works in HC. 10k+ ES endgame, 6-8k in mediocre gear, strong ES regeneration from ascendancy.
💚 Easy to start, just play it as a life-build till mid-game.
💚 This builds endgame, is the strongest lightning trapper imo, check videos and see if you agree. (I've played life version and other guides)

💔 If you're new, es can be tricky knowing when to switch(my guide will help you).
💔 Honestly, having played many other builds, it's hard to find downsides on this one, which is why it became my favorite. (Perhaps needing a Shavs, but they're extremely cheap this league 👍)

"
🎬 VIDEOS
Spoiler

All videos were recorded deathless and mods are random and corrupted.
Uber elder
Shaper
UElder Guardian
Maze of the Minotaur
Abyss

"
🧾 GUIDE & LEAGUE UPDATES
Spoiler

Guide Updates
Spoiler

coming soon...
✔️ Updated 6-link gem setup (replaced inc crit strikes with controlled dest)
✔️ Fixed jewelry item links.
✔️ Flasks updated.
✔️ Updated POB link from my character.
todo: armor & rings/neck detailed explanations.
todo: anointment suggestions.
todo: life-version leveling tree.
todo: multiple leveling tree's for optional variations (more tanky vs more dps)
todo: add crafting guides.
todo: detailed gem explanations.

League Patches
Spoiler

3.8 Blight

Spoiler

Lost some regen from Ascendancy as well as the Shaper +1 trap thrown gloves mod. But we now have Skitter bots!! MORE trap damage yay! Plus our ascendancy is still strong with plenty regen to keep us safe.

"
Playing & developing on this build since betrayal league (3.5), always doing all content, with an emphasis on not dying! (works for HC) and clearing everything with ease and relatively good map speed (nice for SC, lots of damage!).

"
❓ HOW TO GET STARTED

💯 LEVELING
Spoiler

When to switch to low life/ES
Spoiler

It depends on your experience and your budget.
Personally I level all the way to maps usually before I switch.
It also depends whether you have a Shavs. The build works fine as life
and is still very strong, but of course it means you have to pick life-nodes
on the tree OR play more carefully with lower ES/Life combo.

Alternatively, you can follow the life guide from Demi's lightning trapper and when you feel ready to switch, jump back to this guide.
Personally, I level all the way with the ES tree without going life nodes and I just play a bit more carefully and make sure i'm always capped resists and most of my gear has decent amount of life on it, till switching.

I'll add a more thoroughly detailed explanation here soon and give you some options on playing the build as life, until you can afford a 5L or 6L shavs.
A 5L shavs in current league isn't so expensive, it's like 40C. (just buy a regular shavs' and a 5L prophecy "The Jewelers's Touch".

From level 1, you should use Explosive Trap Explosive Trap in Lifesprig, or whichever wand or sceptre you have.

If you're in a Fresh league start, consider doing the vendor recipe for a lightning wand.

1x Magic Sceptre/Wand/Rune Dagger
1x Topaz Ring(for Lightning Damage)
1x Orb of Alteration

At level 4, you can (optionally) add Bear Trap Bear Trap for utility.

At level 8, your Explosive Trap link should look like this.

✔️ Explosive Trap Added Fire Damage Support

At level 10, you should add Flame Dash Flame Dash for additional mobility.

At level 12, you can finally transition to your signature skill. Replace Explosive Trap with the following Lightning Trap link.

✔️ Lightning Trap Multiple Traps Support Pierce Support Added Lightning Damage Support

By level 16, your Lightning Trap Lightning Trap should look like this.

✔️ Lightning Trap Multiple Traps Support Pierce Support
Controlled Destruction Support Trap and Mine Damage Support Added Lightning Damage Support

At level 24, you should add Wrath Wrath for additional damage.

At level 28, you should add a Lightning Spire Trap gem setup, this will improve your single target damage by a great deal.

✔️ Lightning Spire Trap Controlled Destruction Support Trap and Mine Damage Support Concentrated Effect Support.

👚 GEAR
Spoiler

🛡️ Armor
Spoiler

💲 Budget
Spoiler

Literally any gear with health and resists will carry you through to maps or until you can go Low-Life with a 40c shavs 5-link. Buy an unlinked one for 25-30c and buy a 5L Jeweller's Touch prophecy for 9c and you're strong off the bat with a 5L shav's.

Priorities for stats in your weapon are:
Spell/Lightning/Elemental damage.
Global Crit multiplier.
Spell Crit chance.
Added lightning and/or cold damage to spells.

My endgame weapon, just as example towards stat priorities:

💰 High-end
Spoiler

expensive

💍 Jewels
Spoiler

There are no mandatory jewels for us. A Watcher's Eye Watcher's Eye with Wrath Wrath mods and % energyshield from max mana can provide a lot of power & defense to the build, but can also get very expensive.

Note: Basically, jewels depends entirely on your budget, if you're running a lower budget, just find anything with ES% and +trap damage and/or multiplier damage to spells and/or to lightning skills.

⚗️ Flasks
Spoiler

Make sure you have Bleeding, Curse and Freezing immunity on your flasks.
(You don't need freezing immunity however if you are running the Dream fragments ring that I like to use)
My endgame setup is:

Note: I'm not running bleed removal because I have a jewel that prevents me getting bleeded. (You vaal orb jewels and can get lucky)

💎 GEM LINKS
Spoiler

✔️ Vaal Lightning Trap (6-Link)
Spoiler

The vaal version leaves Shocked ground; keep in mind that your lightning traps have better chance to critically strike against Shocked enemies.
Note: On a 5L, just remove the controlled destruction/elemental focus.

✔️ Lightning Spire Trap (4-Link)
Spoiler

In early and mid-game, you'll just put this in whichever 4-link you have.
In late game you can craft/buy a pair of shaped gloves with extra damage for traps, making it a pseudo 5 or even 6 link. Example below:

✔️ Blood Magic Auras (4-Link)
Spoiler

✔️ Damage & Defense (3-Link)
Spoiler

mana reserved nodes in the skill-tree (sovereignty skill node) or crafted a shaper shield with 15% mana reserve reduction to socketed gems. (check crafting section)

✔️ Defense & Curse (3-Link)
Spoiler

The level of your CWDT, depends on your current health or ES pool,
so just try to keep it balanced.
Note: At 90+ my CWDT is level 15 and procs from 2000 damage taken.

✔️ Damage & Utility (2+2-Link)
Spoiler

Skitterbots/Enlighten combo can wait till late-game, or when your mana reserve can afford it. You may also have to pickup some temporary reduced mana nodes on the tree, luckily you are passing right by a cluster (sovereignty skill node) or till late-game crafting a shaper shield with 15% mana reserve reduction to socketed gems. (check crafting section)

🌳 SKILLTREE, ASCENDANCY & BANDITS
Spoiler

Skill-Tree
Spoiler

(lvl 100 tree)
✔️ www.poeurl.com/cBjk
Note: When or if you get crafted gear with reduced mana reserve, you can drop the mana-reduction wheel at the farthest left in the skill-tree.

If curious, you can check my POB to see hows a skill-tree when you have helmet+shield mana reserve reductions.
https://pastebin.com/nvxLxiem

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Perfect Crime > Chain Reaction > Pyromaniac > Born in the Shadows.

Bandits & Pantheons
Spoiler

✔️ Help alira for easier resist cap and more dps.

✔️ Major: All major Pantheon powers can be beneficial for the build, although Soul of Solaris is probably the best choice in general.

✔️ Minor: Same as major Pantheons, all minor ones are useful for the build. I recommend ...

Pantheon powers can be upgraded by using Divine Vessel in the Map Device while you are activating the particular Map that contains the boss you need. Once you’ve killed the boss and captured his soul, you need to deliver the vessel to Sin in Oriath.

🔨 CRAFTING
Spoiler

Note: This is late-gate luxury crafting and not a requirement to make the build work as you really don't need the extra aura and/or the extra points saved by not needing mana reduction in your skill-tree... but this is for people looking to really min/max their character and I can vouch it's awesome!.

One of the biggest upgrades is to craft a shaper shield with 15% reduced mana reserve of socketed gems and then move 3 auras (such as discipline, wrath, enlighten) to your shield.

"

🧔 ABOUT ME
Spoiler

Uh.. what to say?
Been playing PoE for like 4 or 5 leagues, on and off, skipping some of them.
I stream sometimes at twitch.tv/systemXTV
- Though it's not so often as there are 0 viewers to my channel, yeeeh wauv=P
Feel free to throw me a follow, it'll help with some motivation!

I feel this build deserve being shared and it's a lot of fun and super strong! If my guide is shit, don't blame the build, just blame the writer ...

Last edited by oestergreen on Nov 9, 2019, 8:45:55 PM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2019, 10:45:01 PM
reserved
reserved
reserved
Hi! Nice build, it's very funny, now i'm level 68 e i've started mapping. Which is the best helmet enchantment (LT penetrates 10% ER, LT pierce 3 more targets) in your opinion?
The cycle of life and death continues. We will live, they will die.
"
Pesgamer10 wrote:
Hi! Nice build, it's very funny, now i'm level 68 e i've started mapping. Which is the best helmet enchantment (LT penetrates 10% ER, LT pierce 3 more targets) in your opinion?

In my opinion it's the pierce 3 targets lab enchant.
You get a lot of penetration in boss-fights from dropping your lightning spire traps ontop of your own lightning pen. (I instant-blow up bosses, even shaper/elder;P)

Plus having pierce on your helmet saves you a link in your main setup, which means you can add more damage (controlled destruction, or elemental focus, depending if you want to be able to shatter/shock - personally I mostly run Elemental Focus as 6th)

Your build looks good btw! When you can, I would suggest going Master Sapper for anointing. But feel free to ask and I'll try answer best I can:)

Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 11, 2019, 1:08:23 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Pesgamer10 wrote:

In my opinion it's the pierce 3 targets lab enchant.
You get a lot of penetration in boss-fights from dropping your lightning spire traps ontop of your own lightning pen. (I instant-blow up bosses, even shaper/elder;P)

Plus having pierce on your helmet saves you a link in your main setup, which means you can add more damage (controlled destruction, or elemental focus, depending if you want to be able to shatter/shock - personally I mostly run Elemental Focus as 6th)

Your build looks good btw! When you can, I would suggest going Master Sapper for anointing. But feel free to ask and I'll try answer best I can:)

Thanks for your answer! I'll change my helmet enchant in the future then. Now I'm going to anoint my amulet. My only problem here is i can't run Skitterbots cause i need level 4 enlighten to run them smoothly.

BTW i did my first blighted map with this build, 0 problems
The cycle of life and death continues. We will live, they will die.
"
Pesgamer10 wrote:

Thanks for your answer! I'll change my helmet enchant in the future then. Now I'm going to anoint my amulet. My only problem here is i can't run Skitterbots cause i need level 4 enlighten to run them smoothly.

BTW i did my first blighted map with this build, 0 problems

Nice to hear! Glad you liking the build :)

You may be able to run skitters while you work on a lvl-4 enlighten, but it'll cost 2 points. In your tree right under Chaos Innoculation, there's a 4% mana reserve reduction, it may be just enough (I haven't checked in POB, so can't say)

Of course you'd undo the points when you get a lvl 4 enlighten, or when you craft either a helmet or shield with mana reduction. (a shaper Shield can have up to 15%) A regular helm can have 5% with delve fossil crafting (bound fossil for auras).
✔️ Fixed jewelry item links.
✔️ Flasks updated.
✔️ Updated POB link from my character.

more coming & feedback is welcome:)
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 13, 2019, 6:32:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info