[3.10] Atmotion's Blast Cascade - CoC Bladefall / Blast (Fast, Cheap, Easy, Content Destroyer)

"
paafzor wrote:
Hey Dude !!

Can you tell me why you have MAster Sapper skilled in your PoB?

The glorious vanity jewel modifies all of the nodes in an area and POB does not reflect that. Not sure what he is getting when he uses his glorious vanity but here is what I would get.

Last edited by Miggaletoe on Apr 7, 2020, 3:57:45 PM
is there anyway to pick up ambush and assassinate over another ascendancy path?
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
"
paafzor wrote:
Hey Dude !!

Can you tell me why you have MAster Sapper skilled in your PoB?

The glorious vanity jewel modifies all of the nodes in an area and POB does not reflect that. Not sure what he is getting when he uses his glorious vanity but here is what I would get.

Node hes getting with Glorious Vanity is probably "% Increased Fire damage & 10% Physical damage converted to fire". That would allow (with 40% phys converted to fire Watcher's eye) to skip the damage conversion affix on gloves and thus freeing a slot for other stuff or different gloves entirely (like Hands of the High Templar with good corrupts). But that's more of an endgame optimisation.

"
Theoutlaw21 wrote:
is there anyway to pick up ambush and assassinate over another ascendancy path?

Not really, everything else is more important and that node doesn't really give much anyway since trash clear isn't a problem and we get Culling strike through use of a medium cluster jewel in the latest verion of the build anyway (not yet updated in the main build page)(look for "Wish for Death" node on medim cluster with curse effect small passives).

Rest of the ascendancy becomes pointless since we deal lots of smaller hits and mob stops being at full health as soon as it crosses your path.

Culling strikes on Cyclone can be replaced with either Fortify early on for more defence or Awakened Fire penetration later for more damage and higher life leech due to higher damage output.
Last edited by Walmorn on Apr 9, 2020, 4:35:50 PM
The end game optimizations are interesting. If you ever have time I would love to see what you have done (it's hard to see just checking your character due to the limitations of the site). Thanks!
How do I craft the cluster jewels? :|
Seems quite unlikely to hit Iron Breaker, Force Multiplier and Battle-Hardened.
"
m02ph3u5 wrote:
How do I craft the cluster jewels? :|
Seems quite unlikely to hit Iron Breaker, Force Multiplier and Battle-Hardened.

Not too many ways to do it, budget version would be alt + regal spam 'till you get Iron Breaker, Battle-hardened and 2 Jewel sockets (preferably on jewel with 8 passives). Later on you can chaos spam and hope you hit all of them.

Another possible option for large cluster would be Fire damage base with Doryani's Lesson, Master of Fire and Prismatic Heart notables with 2 jewel sockets (Master of Fire does NOT stack with other sources of exposure like Wave of Conviction, but its always active).

The first option is probably best though from straight damage point of view.
Last edited by Walmorn on Apr 12, 2020, 3:34:55 AM
Since the main page hasn't been updated yet I'll list some changes here.

Crit medium jewel was replaced with curse effect one, with Evil eye, Wish for death and jewel socket nodes. This change allows us to get some more dodge, cursed enemies take increased damage and culling strike on cursed enemies. This change lets player drop culling on main links and replace it with either Fortify for defence or Awakened Fire penetration for more damage. Culling not working on hexproof enemies is a small penalty but overall worth it.

Current iteration of the build also uses Glorious Vanity timeless jewel with the name XIBAQUA in the affix line. This is important, since it turns keystones in range of the jewel to Divine Flesh keystone which converts half of the elemental damage taken into chaos damage and increases chaos resist cap to 85%. Purpose of this is to reduce elemental damage we take, but ONLY take this if you have positive chaos resistance, otherwise you take even more damage. You should obviously aim to get chaos resist capped through gear to make most of this.

Endgame version would also want to have Glorious Vanity jewel turn one of the easy to access notable to "10% of physical damage converted to fire damage". This, with perfectly rolled (40%) phys to fire conversion Watcher's eye allows us to drop the conversion on gloves and use Hands of the High Templar with some powerful corrupts (this can get expensive though).

I'll link my PoB below in case somebody's interested of what to aim for, just note that some changes on the main build only make sense when you take into account stat requirements on some pieces of gear I have.

Also note that PoB doesn't show changes made by the Glorious Vanity jewel (like Master Sapper that got turned into conversion node for me).

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/nepRyNY2

Last edited by Walmorn on Apr 12, 2020, 4:57:25 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

According to this post, going above 6.06 attacks per second with cyclone when you have 0% CDR lowers your overall dps. Since you're using cyclone + bladefall, doesn't it mean you're doing a lot less damage with all the attack speed you invested?

Maybe your bladefall is just the delivery system so your blade blast can explode?
Last edited by TainiBean on Apr 13, 2020, 12:32:52 AM
From what I can deduce the attack speed is overcapped without CDR due to molten burst being a trigger. With it only proccing on 20% of hits, I assume we are attempting to maximize balls and don't mind the missed procs of bladefall. Bladeblast is where the single target comes in.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though. :)
"
TainiBean wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

According to this post, going above 6.06 attacks per second with cyclone when you have 0% CDR lowers your overall dps. Since you're using cyclone + bladefall, doesn't it mean you're doing a lot less damage with all the attack speed you invested?

Maybe your bladefall is just the delivery system so your blade blast can explode?

"
From what I can deduce the attack speed is overcapped without CDR due to molten burst being a trigger. With it only proccing on 20% of hits, I assume we are attempting to maximize balls and don't mind the missed procs of bladefall. Bladeblast is where the single target comes in.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Aye, that's what it comes down to. Yes, some additional damage could be gained (in a form of more Bladefalls) by getting 14% ICR either from Awakened Cast on Crit support (lvl 3 minimum), or from gear, but it would be relatively minor increase especially when most of the trash simply dies on Cyclone/Bladefall as it is, and tougher rares get taken care of by Blade blast.

Its one of those optimisations that you can do if you have nothing else to spend your currency on, or you just happen to get ICR on your belt for free, otherwise I don't see it mattering much.
Last edited by Walmorn on Apr 13, 2020, 9:16:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info