[3.10] Atmotion's Blast Cascade - CoC Bladefall / Blast (Fast, Cheap, Easy, Content Destroyer)

Greetings Exile!

My name is Atmotion and this is my second attempt at a build guide on the forums since Breach league (Xogama Cyclone, and no it's not a coincidence that this build also uses the Ngamahu's Flame unique, because i just absolutely love this item). I'm here to bring you guys a nice spin to win build that is simultaneously cheap to get going (as of Delirium league) and clears most things in the end-game quickly and easily. That being said, it is possible to invest a ton of currency into this build to smooth out some of the weaknesses, and push it much much further..

Enough dilly dallying.. On with the guide!

Table of Contents (ctrl+C, ctrl+F, ctrl+V the lines below for faster browsing)

0) The Changelog
1) The Introduction
2) The Pros & Cons
3) The Leveling
4) The Ascendancy
5) The Gems
6) The Gear
7) The End-Game (Videos)
8) The FAQ
9) The Conclusion

0) The Changelog

- V2.5 (3.10 Delirium) Small tree changes. New gloves added (check current PoB).
- V2.0 (3.10 Delirium): Tree changes. Added Divine Flesh for survivability.
- V1.0 (3.10 Delirium): Build created.

1) The Introduction

This build is made to play "mostly" stress free and is a great pick for new players to try out the game with (i say mostly because some quick reactions with the life flask may be needed late game). I would not recommend this build in the current Hardcore Delirium league though, because of the rather large spikes of random damage taken. That being said, this is a fun fast build that i have used to clear everything up to and including Awakener 5 Sirus, a whole bunch of conquerors, ridiculously juiced up 5 orb delirium maps and even a full 20 wave Simulacrum (multiple times and now my best simulacrum run was only with 1 death).

The mechanic here is very simple, hold down Right mouse, delete everything in your path (or better yet, leave a trail of destruction as you go). You barely ever take hits because the massive movement speed bonuses and permanent blind aura combined with evasion and acrobatics.

The main way we deal damage is Blade Blast and Bladefall. We proc Bladefalls off Cyclone critical hits and fill the ground with blades (most of the time the Bladefall itself kills most things on the screen). And if anything is left alive the Molten Burst proc from Ngamahu's lands and hits any targets left standing, and the crits from those will trigger a Blade Blast sequence of mass destruction. Yes, there is a lot of triggers happening here and it is - fun.

If you are working with a relatively low budget (50-100c or so for the full gear), this build may be worth a look in the trade leagues (or if you have a Ngamahu's Flame axe in a SSF league). There is really only one required unique and that is the axe. There is one other unique, The Effigon, and it is not required in any way (i have changed this item to be mandatory for now), but it provides some very useful bonuses for the build (more on this later). The rest is basically self crafted or tradeable rare items.

2) The Pros & Cons

Pros

- Fun!
- Fast!
- Cheap! (ish)
- Easy to Play!
- Lots of Damage!
- Cascading explosions!

Cons

- Elemental reflect maps not doable (needs Redeemer chest mod or max crit)..
- Maximizing the full potential of the build can get expensive..

3) The Leveling

Bandits: Kill All

Pantheons: Soul of Solaris (Major) + Soul of Shakari (Minor)

My current gear/tree V2.5 (PoB): https://pastebin.com/dqzjbg5B

Important Note! Cluster jewels may not show up unless you have the PoB fork installed. Perfect Agony keystone is transformed into Divine Flesh with a historic jewel for more defenses. Scorch isn't calculated into the final damage with PoB atm. Overall the boss dps is somewhere around 10-12 mil with everything combined.

Here are some leveling trees with gear/gem setups inside (PoB):

After the leveling trees you should start transition to whatever my current gear/build is (use your free respec points as necessary). Just try to work on getting one piece of gear at a time if you are just starting out fresh with no currency.

4) The Ascendancy

Assassin is the pick here after you complete your first lab. Take the ascendancy nodes in the order shown below for maximum build functionality:

First (Normal): Unstable Infusion
Second (Cruel): Deadly Infusion
Third (Merciless): Mistwalker
Fourth (Uber): Opportunistic

5) The Gems

Gems are listed in the order of importance from left to right for the main 6L skills. For the rest of the gems, follow the socket and link rules mentioned.

Cyclone:

Spoiler

This is the normal setup. This will clear the entire atlas at a reasonably fast pace. Only use the culling strike if you have Rotgut and the frenzy generating redeemer chest. Otherwise use the onslaught gem for the 6th link.

This is the awakened setup, but comes at a much much higher price tag. This will completely destroy the entire atlas and it's bosses with an even faster pace. Only use the culling strike if you have Rotgut and the frenzy generating redeemer chest. Otherwise use the onslaught gem for the 6th link.

Molten Burst (Ngamahu's Flame):

Spoiler

This is the normal setup (Ngamahu needs to be linked in order for the cast on crit setup to work). If you only have a 6S 5L ngamahu you can use a Greater Multiple projectile gem in the single socket instead of the crit multi gem. Note the different colors if you do this.

This is the awakened setup (Ngamahu needs to be linked in order for the cast on crit setup to work). This will cost a couple more exalts than the regular setup, but will feel overall better in the very late game.

4 Socket Setup #1 (2L+2L):

Spoiler

These will be your damage and blind auras that you put in one of the 2 links.

This will give us fire exposure when we take even a small amount of damage. make sure you don't level either of these past level 1. These go in the other 2 links.

4 Socket Setup #2 (3L+1S):

Spoiler

This will be our mobility skill and since we have no mana to use any skills, it will have to be linked with a blood magic gem. Put these in the 3 link.

This is our single socket aura that enables us to convert physical damage to fire with a watcher's eye jewel.

4 Socket Setup #3 (2L+2L):

Spoiler

This 2 link setup will give us some defense against moderate hits.

These two sockets/links are free to use anything you want in them, but in Delirium league with monsters having such high damage spikes the portal on death has been a great aid to getting back to where you died, quickly. Make sure you remove one of these gems during the Simulacrum to avoid getting piled on when you go back in.

6) The Gear

Weapon (Mandatory):

Spoiler

This weapon is necessary for the build, so you will need one, preferably 6 linked (6S 5L will also do fine up to early red maps)

Amulet (Mandatory):

Spoiler

This one is very hard to replace without having to have a whole bunch of accuracy to reach true 100% hit chance. This is just a very affordable and easy way to get 100% hit (with Flesh and Stone blind aura) and some fire pen while we are at it.. Anoint "slot" is pretty much up to you, but i went with Fleetfoot for some extra movement utility and attack speed. Note! Do NOT buy a corrupted amulet so you can change the anoint to what ever you need.

Body Armour:

Spoiler

In this slot you will want just any 5 or 6 linked evasion based chest. The perfect chest for this build would be a 6L assassin garb/zodiac leather on a redeemer base with frenzy charges on hit, 120+ life, 100% ele reflect reduction and some resistances.

Gloves:

Spoiler

You just need life and resists on these, but make sure you have an open prefix and get the physical damage converted to fire craft on it. See watcher's eye for more details. You may also get some temple affix gloves with phys converted to fire and they will be functionally the same.

Boots:

Spoiler

So this tailwind craft is NOT required at all, it's mainly just a quality of life thing for this build. Just look for some 30%+ movement speed boots with as much life as possible and some resists. But if you want to go for tailwind boots i recommend blue crafting some ilvl 75 boots (exactly 75, not over or under) until you hit tailwind with either a decent life roll or 25%+ movement speed. After that you will want to use imprint beastcrafts to try and hit something good (movespeed, life, high resists) with a regal and then multimod the rest of the affixes.

Helmet:

Spoiler

Again life and resistances are priority here, but you can also get either a shaper base helmet with enemies take 6% increased elemental damage affix or a warlord base helmet with -9% to enemy fire resistance. The difference between these two influence affixes are very minor, but for the min-maxers out there, the warlord affix is slightly better.

Belt:

Spoiler

Nothing crazy here except try and get chaos resist where ever you can on your rares. This slot is great to get some of it with a high life roll. I chose the base because the build needs some extra strength and a heavy belt gives me just enough. Up to 20% increased damage craft here is also recommended.

Rings:

Spoiler

You will need a total of -4 mana cost to channeling skills on your rings. You can either have 2x -2 mana cost crafted on both or you can use the Lucidity anoint on your amulet with one -2 mana cost on a ring. There is also a unique ring called Praxis which has up to -8 to mana cost of skills (use this only early on or on a strict budget). One of the rings should have at least 21 intellect on it for gear/gem requirements. In general try to get as much life and resists on these as you can as this will be the bulk of your resistances for the build. You can also get Flammability on hit via either a warlord base or a delve craft.

Jewels (Highly Recommended):

Spoiler

Using 3 of these will get you an extra 225% critical strike chance so i would recommend picking up some for this build. Getting good corrupts on these is also fairly cheap including the very important corrupting blood immunity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will want a watcher's eye that has anger phys to fire conversion at the very least. Between this and the conversion gloves you want to hit a total of 50% coversion so the higher the roll you have on the jewel the less you need on gloves and vice versa. For the rich people there are additional affixes you can get on these with anger like: fire pen, fire leech, extra damage as fire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the price of about 2 chaos orbs this unique cluster jewel will give us a lot of damage. Instead of useless ignites our fire damage will lower enemy resistances by 30% with crits. Attach this jewel to one of the medium clusters below.

You will want a large cluster jewel with a max of 8 passives and 12% increased phys damage per small passive. Get one that is at least ilvl 75 so you are able to roll 2 additional sockets on it. Try to hit 3 high phys damage notables as you can but avoid the one that gives you reduced elemental damage. This should be attached in the socket just above acrobatics.

For the first medium cluster you will want a max of 4 passives and 15% increased critical strike chance per small passive. Get one with Pressure Points, Overwhelming Malice notables and a jewel socket. Attach this jewel to the large cluster jewel above.

For the second medium cluster you will want a max of 4 passives and 12% increased channeling skill damage. Get one with Hex Breaker, Precise Focus notables and a jewel socket. With these notables you get a large crit boost and curse immunity while Cycloning. Attach this jewel to the large cluster above.

For the small cluster you will want a max of 2 passives and 4% increased maximum life. This jewel should mainly have the Feast of Flesh notable and whatever else on the other affixes. With the 10 life gained on hit with attacks you get enough sustain to help you through no leech maps etc. Attach this jewel to one of the medium clusters above.

Flasks (Highly Recommended):

Spoiler

Most if not all crit builds run a Diamond flask. Get one and have some freeze immunity here. If you get freeze immunity elsewhere, like boots, then get either poison, shock or ignite immunity on this flask instead.

This is mostly here for quality of life to proc more Molten Burst and reduce incoming fire damage. For budget versions you can run either a Jade or a Quartz flask instead. Wise Oak is also an option for damage if you want the extra 15% fire pen, but just make sure your fire resistance is highest among all elemental resists for it to work. In general i noticed Dying Sun gives more reliable procs of Blade Blast when bosses move around.

Good old reliable quicksilver for your every day speed needs. Just make sure it has an adrenaline mod and either extra charges or reduced charges used on it. Surgeon's mod is also not bad for this flask. Rotgut is sustainable with frenzy generation from the chest, so if you have one, use Rotgut instead and change the onslaught gem from the cyclone links to a culling strike gem.

This build is using physical damage scaling and converting 100% of it to fire damage, so Atziri's Promise is a pretty solid option here. Affordable, gives some chaos resist and generic chaos leech to boot!

Get a Divine life flask with either panicked or bubbling and some bleed removal. Great synergy with soul of ryslatha minor pantheon.

7) The End-Game (Videos)

Below are some end-game related videos showing off my latest version of the build. I will add more videos as the build evolves over time, so keep your eyes peeled.

T16 Carcass (in 2 minutes including boss with delirium active and awakener 5 bonus)

Simulacrum (all 20 waves completed. Not my best run, but still a full run. Gear/tree at the end)

8) The FAQ

Here are some frequently asked questions about the build. Please have a look before posting questions in the thread. I will update this section as necessary.

Q: Cluster jewels are too expensive! I thought this build was cheap.. What can i do?
A: I suggest buying the base jewels for a low price (or if you have some lying around) and then crafting them with alterations/chaos orbs. This is how i made mine and it was in total less than 50 chaos to get all 4 rare jewels for the build. Work on these over time and use regular jewels or passive nodes in the tree until you obtain them. They are meant to be for very late game use.

Q: Can i replace Ngamahu's Flame axe with something else?
A: In short, no, but technically you could use a rare crafted CoC bow and use something like Asenath's Chant to also trigger spells, but that to me sounds like a whole different build.. We want the axe, for now. :)

Q: Have you concidered X and/or Y unique in this build?
A: More than likely, yes. Feel free to experiment, but if you stray too far from the base setup shown here, you risk making the build not play well or at all.

Q: I cannot use my skills! What did i do wrong?
A: You may have forgotten to check the ring section for -mana cost adjustments to be able to use your main skill. For any other non-aura skills, just link them to a blood magic gem.

Q: I keep dying to Porcupines! How to fix?
A: There is no current great fix for this except make sure you have high evasion rating and be mindful of your map mods when doing T16+ content. You can also try to get a chest with the "Enemies you Kill Explode" crusader affix.

9) The Conclusion

Overall i'm very happy how this build turned out and i will continue to work on it for the duration of Delirium league at least. If there are any major changes in the future leagues to this build, i will make a note of it at the start of this guide.

After struggling a bit with elemental mods in high-end maps, i found out that Divine Flesh keystone is a huge boost to survivability. After some tweaking in the tree, and running some numbers, the build basically caps out at level 92 (as far as it comes to passive points being useful), so any levels you get beyond that are just gravy on top.

I am currently trying to craft a redeemer/crusader explodey assassin's garb with frenzy on hit and life, and well, let's just say it has been quite expensive so far and i'm only half way to making it. :P

Good luck out there exiles, and may the exalts rain upon thee!

Special Thanks to:

- Walmorn (for playtesting and build name)
- My girlfriend Liz (for being my eternal source of inspiration <3)
Guild Master of <Limit Horizon>
IGN: Atmotion
Stream: www.twitch.tv/atmotion
Last edited by Atmotion on Apr 6, 2020, 9:50:33 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2020, 9:10:54 AM
Reserved..
Last edited by Atmotion on Mar 29, 2020, 12:56:12 PM
Atmotion

i've realy good gear.

But i've no dps on boss can you help me ?
"
Sasushadow wrote:
Atmotion

i've realy good gear.

But i've no dps on boss can you help me ?

Can you link me your PoB? Or just link your gear in a reply and your skill tree and i will help you out. :)
https://pastebin.com/AQzNTKwW
"
Sasushadow wrote:
https://pastebin.com/AQzNTKwW

I see two major things missing here. You don't have hit cap which will reduce your crit rate considerably. I'd suggest get an effigon amulet for the 100% hit and 10% fire pen and then also get The Interrogation small cluster jewel for 30% extra fire pen (unless PoB wasn't loading that cluster jewel then you are fine).

The strategy also for each boss is to do loops around the boss to get the maximum amount of trigger hits on it. Don't just stand still and spin, but actively move around bosses for maximum dps and survivability. It will work out fine with the rest of your gear. In general you have much better gear than i do, minus the tailwind boots. :)

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Atmotion on Mar 31, 2020, 7:57:12 PM
cheap.. the cluster jewels are very expensive...
"
ShadovV666 wrote:
cheap.. the cluster jewels are very expensive...

All cluster jewels self crafted with chaos orbs/alteration spam. Crafting them is really easy an cheap.. Buy the base jewels or if you happen to have some laying around, then craft them as you please. None of the clusters are mandatory either so just use what you get as you get them.
Last edited by Atmotion on Mar 31, 2020, 5:49:45 AM
Hi Atmotion!

This build looks great!

Im gonna start working on it right now. Just one question:

- It will be good for Delve mines?

Also, regarding
"
More leveling tips will be added soon!
I just would like to know at what level we should start with the cluster jewels?

Can we use another mobility skill?

TY!
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 1, 2020, 8:39:56 PM
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi Atmotion!

This build looks great!

Im gonna start working on it right now. Just one question:

- It will be good for Delve mines?

Also, regarding
"
More leveling tips will be added soon!
I just would like to know at what level we should start with the cluster jewels?

Can we use another mobility skill?

TY!

Thank you! I have been hard at work playing it (lvl93 atm) and have cleared multiple full simulacrums.

I have not delved with it myself but my friend is doing this build also and said it delves relatively well so far.

You can wait until around level 70+ until using clusters, they are there mostly to beef up some crit and add utility.

You can certainly use a mobility skill of your choise. Feel free to experiment what you like the best.
Last edited by Atmotion on Apr 2, 2020, 12:34:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info