[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

Vellysta - take a look here: https://pastebin.com/jpT7jf2E
This is "best case" dps with high rampage stacks, frenzies, etc. About 14.5M dps. It's valid for Simulacrum if you can get rampage started on late waves, but if not you can set Rampage stacks to 0 and you'll see your dps at 13.5M.

I also made a few changes to your gear and tree to get this result. Bottled Faith is bad for this build because we don't get to use the crit really, whereas Lion's Roar is so good. It's a loss of almost a million dps to use Bottled Faith. Your tree had points as a level 91, but your level was set to 96 - I filled in the Maim clusters on the jewels, and took an additional duelist starting node.

elj0ven Error response code 302 from your PoB, but I imported your character from your account myself. Here's a configured PoB with your current gear: https://pastebin.com/Tsb4x2Pn
And with the changes I made, particularly to flasks, here's a PoB: https://pastebin.com/pe203JsH

You're around 4.5M dps. I don't think you switched too early. I do think you've made a few kinda weird choices.

If you're feeling weak, I reckon it's probably because your flasks are absolutely bizarre and so your block is low - you could be getting Onslaught from a Silver for good dps and speed, and additional block from Rumi's (this is key for survival!!). Your final flask could be anything, but go for a magic flask not a unique. Maybe a quicksilver, or maybe a stibnite or quartz. I'd also consider swapping your Blood of the Karui for a magic flask that has the Staunching suffix.

The Voices is ok, but I'd probably swap it for a cluster like your current large, drop one split, and get back to 100% impale chance. That adds about 500k dps. Some of your early splits could be other jewels - the first socket on your tree is perfect for a Brawn, that adds 200k dps. A good Watcher's Eye would also be rad but that's pricey, and I think you have other options to go for first. I also switched the first split to a good rare jewel, netting you another hundred k dps or so. Both your rings are very bad compared to your level of investment - no life at all. This is an easy fix - you can even get some more damage here most likely, especially if you can get a vuln on hit ring. Your only source of leech is Blood Rage, so if it falls off you'll probably feel pretty bad. You could solve this with the cluster jewel, but I left it as is on your PoB.
Man, I wish I had more time to play this league. I'm still saving for a split variant and luckily prices are going down, but I just haven't had time to play. Luckily I can still theorycraft, review PoBs, etc. If anyone wants to take pity on me and help a brotha out late in the league, I'd love any help you can offer at CognitiveBehavioralTaco in game.
Hey, my DPS feels low, but I think I have good gear. Gonna metacraft off the armour of ammy and multicraft. Mind importing me, Ender_CP (WunToo) and letting me know if I'm doing something wrong?

-Edit-

https://pastebin.com/f7Yh5KkB

Went back to Rotgut for Onslaught and availability of consistent frenzy generation through ascendancy change.

Changed Maim to Bleed Support on AP due to running in Blood Stance primarily.
Last edited by Ender_CP on May 16, 2020, 1:30:20 PM
"
Ender_CP wrote:
Hey, my DPS feels low, but I think I have good gear. Gonna metacraft off the armour of ammy and multicraft. Mind importing me, Ender_CP (WunToo) and letting me know if I'm doing something wrong?

-Edit-

https://pastebin.com/f7Yh5KkB

Went back to Rotgut for Onslaught and availability of consistent frenzy generation through ascendancy change.

Changed Maim to Bleed Support on AP due to running in Blood Stance primarily.

So you've got some cracking gear, but you've also got some pretty odd choices. Turning on Onslaught and maxing violent retaliation, you're at about 5.2M dps and 4300 health. That health is really worrying to me, especially since you don't have some goofy high dps number in tradeoff. When I started to work on your PoB I thought to myself that I could keep damage about the same and up the life significantly by swapping in cheaper gear than you're currently using. I think I did that.

I think the most important thing for damage is to fix your impale chance - you're currently at 75%, and impale is such a huge boost to dps. With your current gear, Astramentis beats your amulet. Dex/Armor splits aren't the worst, but Dex/Str will be a lot more damage and aren't too pricey any more. Flat phys on rings is a bad mod - dex is basically 1.4 to 2 phys damage per dexterity, so your two-stone ring is like a 20 dex ring with a good amount of res and a bad life roll. It's easy to upgrade.

You're using Purity of Fire to cap fire res, presumably because of Black Sun Crest. I think a rare helmet with dex, life, and fire res and then dropping the reservation reduction shenanigans is gonna be much better - you've got an extra aura and an Enlighten wasting 2 gem sockets, and you've still had to anoint a node that's otherwise garbage. The sacrifice is real.

Finally, Frenzy's are great and all, but Challenger charges are seriously good - it's also 35% movespeed. I think it's definitely best to switch back and stance-swap. A silver flask is almost as reliable Onslaught as Rotgut, without dropping Frenzies to 0 on bosses, and blood rage will make Frenzy charges as well as the ascendancy. There's a reason that every ladder character with this build is using Challenger charges.

Swapping the helmet, amulet, swapping back to challenger charges, str/dex splits, and getting rid of PoF and it's supporting cast puts you at 15% unreserved mana which should be fine with the flask, slightly ups to 5.3M dps with 0 frenzy charges, and fairly substantially increases your life to 5206. You can fund this by selling the amulet and Enlighten, easily, but you're talking about metacrafting and multimodding so you have currency, clearly!

That PoB (no blood rage or frenzy): https://pastebin.com/9YH6hPjN

Blood Rage then becomes easy frenzy sustain, adding that in and turning Frenzies back on brings the dps to 6.3M. Ultimately, you want at least 2 clusters with Deep Cuts for the split variants imo, so that's a good goal to work towards and would let you add more splits and run Master of Force or another similar node allocated, upping your dps significantly keeping life flat or maybe even increasing it. You may want to consider just putting points in the Swift Skewering cluster, even, since you path by it.

I should add some more good tips for dps - a vuln on hit ring will do wonders, and if you switch to a rare helm you should be able to fit it in because resists are no longer so tight. You may be able to solve your mana problem by getting -mana cost on rings too, letting you run another better flask. If you want to keep the medium cluster jewel (I'd probably trade it and the frenzy points for another large with deep cuts and 2 more splits though) there's some great nodes you can get - Enduring Focus and Hex Breaker are both probably better than your current ones, especially if you're switching back to Challenger Charges.
Thanks, have a bit of excess currency, will see what a Rare helm w/ high Dex/Life/Fire res does. Is there a reason the Astra is better than the current ammy?
It's basically because while the Dex goes down a little, but strength goes up a lot. That adds more percent scaling which helps even out damage because your high dex already adds a lot of flat damage, and more efficient life scaling. To effectively use amulets like yours, you need an extremely high base dex. It's really hard to beat Astramentis on this build for these reasons.
i have this if anyone is interested
https://imgur.com/a/O05Zpl6

20% inc dex and a single +20 flat dex ( + the dex on small nodes ) in the ranger area
Last edited by Asunaki_Tabi on May 18, 2020, 11:48:20 AM
Made the recommended changes, but went with a tree from main post. 6K HP, and I assume more DPS, I think Impale% is over 100 if possible? Cant use POB so not sure if I should annoint something > the Skewering.

Edit, annointed Ambidexterity > Skewering. Impale on char sheet is still 105%, and tool tip DPS jumped 60k.
Last edited by Ender_CP on May 18, 2020, 5:09:43 PM
Ok,finally re-install POB work to check DPS right. Im following this pob

https://pastebin.com/icxNx2FW

from fellipesallum

I have to increase my block, apart from clusters, (10%) what i´m missing to get the 30% left ( he is 79 and im 39)

First though was Rumi´s was involved, but i have no choice to actívate flask n POB, and uncheckin on him, didnt make a change
Last edited by elj0ven on May 22, 2020, 7:59:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info