[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

Here's a quick idea for what a baseline version of the build may now look: https://pastebin.com/AxcPmbjB

roughly 4.5 mil dps with good gems or a bit less than 4 mil with nothing awakened, all lvl 20 0 qual. This is completely non-minmaxed. The gear is good but it's all defensively oriented (it's what I had in PoB from last league), so the dps isn't inflated by that. A high level expensive build that optimizes to give up a little bit of life for GG tier cluster jewels and a wildwrap can still easily push 10 mil or more dps. A build with a good watcher's eye can go even further. There are of course still insane %dex amulets and chests, but I don't really bother with going over those, as if you have the money for one, you already know what you're doing. The numbers are still a bit off as clusters have not been updated in PoB, but I think it may actually go up in dps once that is fixed. My current prediction is that this will still be a very viable and meta build for 3.11. While it is much weaker, there have been large nerfs across the board. Harbinger builds, archmage, duel wield, impale, attribute stackers, have all recieved nerfs (impale nerfs were through tree changes. Rip forceful skewering). I feel like this is one of the builds that will come out the least harmed.
3.11 EDIT:

I do not recommend this build in 3.11 for anyone who wants to play optimally. I've been playing around with this build in PoB and it is no longer that great. It is still a very viable build, for anyone who wants to play it because they enjoy cyclone/melee/unarmed, but it definitely is not going to be a premier build unless some of the other nerfs hit builds harder than I thought. A new baseline version of this build deals around 5 mil dps with good tankiness. A high damage somewhat minmaxed version deals around 8-9 mil dps. That said the min maxed version costs a similar amount to what a split personality variant which could deal in excess of 30 mil dps with more tankiness would have costed last league. The high end of the build is much weaker than before. As such, I've decided to not do a full update of the build guide for this league. I will still be supplying updated PoBs for anyone who desires to run the build this league, but again, I do not recommend it for optimal play. It is still a viable and fun build, but will no longer be melting bosses with minimal investment (as deep cuts carried a ton of the build's damage). It is still capable of all content, as the defense has not decreased, but it is just slower. As such, I'd primarily recommend it for more casual players as long as they have a decent budget.

Baseline PoB (4.5-5 mil dps, up to 6.5 mil if you've blocked a bunch of hits recently): https://pastebin.com/A1Wfxqnp

High End PoB (nuts watcher's eye and wildwrap, 8-9 mil dps baseline, up to 11 mil dps if you've blocked a bunch recently): https://pastebin.com/9cM2nG8t

If anyone does still want to run this build, I'm still happy to answer questions.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Jun 18, 2020, 11:45:18 PM
Whats the point with Atziri? When I attack Atziri (not the the Clones!) I get reflected damage. Why that? Only with this build ... what am I missing?
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Whats the point with Atziri? When I attack Atziri (not the the Clones!) I get reflected damage. Why that? Only with this build ... what am I missing?

It's with every build. Atziri has innate reflect built in. You've likely never played a build with enough dps to kill itself on Atziri's reflect before, since it's just a fraction of a percent of damage reflected. But there is a turning point for every build where if you have too much dps you just insta kill yourself vs atziri. This build deals too much damage, and as such can't kill atziri.
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
This build deals too much damage, and as such can't kill atziri.

Lol. How strange to play a game where get punished for dealing too much Damage ... well ... 🤷‍♂️
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
This build deals too much damage, and as such can't kill atziri.

Lol. How strange to play a game where get punished for dealing too much Damage ... well ... 🤷‍♂️

Yeah it can get annoying. Only build with decent damage I've played that could do Atziri was a CoC Ball Lightning build that used ES on Hit for ridiculous sustain. Anything with any less sustain, you need to remove some items to intentionally gimp your damage if you want to do Atziri.
Hey there! I am running another cyclone build which I am not super happy with yet and I now wanna try to switch to yours.
However, there seem to be a few open sockets? I don't quite get which skills to put where (boots and helmnet) and what is linked and what not.
Would you mind explaining please?

Edit: You also say to annoint Forceful Skewering to avoid having to path through a strength area, but you have to path there anyways for the big life nodes? Can you elaborate on that too please?
Last edited by Rakinare on Jun 30, 2020, 5:10:55 PM
Hello? Does someone know an answer to my questions? :(
loving the build
i made this nice jewel that i wanna run a max block duelist and abuse would it work with your char? :o

20% dmg inc while duel wield
5% attack speed while duel wield
"5% chance to gain a frenzy on kill whiele duel wielding"

+5% spell block
attack skills deal 20% increased damage while duel wielding
20% chance to gain a powercharge on block

Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 14, 2020, 12:26:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info