[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

"
jackals1234 wrote:
I've been looking to try a new build and this looks really interesting. I really want something with good survivability because the other builds i've tried get creamed in T16 Delirium and Simulacrum unless you have 10ex+. How does this one do? Does it need 10ex+?

It's definitely strongest on 10 ex, but that's true for all builds lol. The end of the guide has a gearing section talking about budget options. If you get a rare helmet and boots, you can full gear in 2-3 ex, with most of the price being a decent 6 link chest. What you want on all your items is outlined in the gearing section.
"
llamaegg wrote:
Only level 34 but Hollow Palm makes leveling a joke. It's ridiculous.

What order do you recommend to take ascendancies? I was thinking Arena Challenger, Painforged, Versatile Combatant then finish up with Violent Retaliation. Figured the movement speed is probably more helpful early on then the block chance, being that we're not stacking block yet.

Arena challenger is one of the most broken ascendancy choices for levelling. Lets you zoom real fast through acts, and as you've noted hollow palm already zooms real fast. All you need is Astramentis then you demolish acts. And your order is correct. Violent retaliation is last priority. Unless you invest some more in block, we don't hit 79/79 anyways, so it's mostly just a feels-good node for some more damage, and after blocking a couple hits you'll be up to 79/79.
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
"
drigorin wrote:
Thank you for the reply! Just want question, what's the absolutely best cluster jewels for this build? Or do I just follow yours

The most cost efficient for the large cluster jewel is an 8 passive %increased attack damage cluster jewel, with the notable Deep Cuts (extremely good), and either fuel the fight or Drive the Destruction. Fuel the Fight gives mana sustain. If you don't need mana sustain grab Drive the Destruction, which increases the amount you can leech per second, which helps you recover quickly against bosses and hits from delirium. It also needs an open jewel socket. If you want to spend more money and get a better one, get the first two and a jewel socket and then try to get a third passive which can be either Devastator or Feed the Fury. Feed the Fury is a surprisingly quite massive DPS gain. Devastator is good QoL, giving you significantly better clear, and it feels AMAZING in delirium encounters.

For your medium jewel, I prefer aura effect, with Master of Command, Replenishing Presence, and a jewel socket. The other option is an area damage jewel with Towering Threat and Assert Dominance (with a jewel socket of course). This gives some more AoE and life, but a small loss on damage and QoL, as you have less unreserved mana without Master of Command.

For your small jewel, you of course want One with Nothing.

THank you so much! This helps me alot in the gearing, I've seen alot of builds utilizing the hex breaker/precise or enduring focus for clusters, what do you think about those
"
drigorin wrote:
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
"
drigorin wrote:
Thank you for the reply! Just want question, what's the absolutely best cluster jewels for this build? Or do I just follow yours

The most cost efficient for the large cluster jewel is an 8 passive %increased attack damage cluster jewel, with the notable Deep Cuts (extremely good), and either fuel the fight or Drive the Destruction. Fuel the Fight gives mana sustain. If you don't need mana sustain grab Drive the Destruction, which increases the amount you can leech per second, which helps you recover quickly against bosses and hits from delirium. It also needs an open jewel socket. If you want to spend more money and get a better one, get the first two and a jewel socket and then try to get a third passive which can be either Devastator or Feed the Fury. Feed the Fury is a surprisingly quite massive DPS gain. Devastator is good QoL, giving you significantly better clear, and it feels AMAZING in delirium encounters.

For your medium jewel, I prefer aura effect, with Master of Command, Replenishing Presence, and a jewel socket. The other option is an area damage jewel with Towering Threat and Assert Dominance (with a jewel socket of course). This gives some more AoE and life, but a small loss on damage and QoL, as you have less unreserved mana without Master of Command.

For your small jewel, you of course want One with Nothing.

THank you so much! This helps me alot in the gearing, I've seen alot of builds utilizing the hex breaker/precise or enduring focus for clusters, what do you think about those

Enduring Focus is a very good node for the medium cluster jewel, but as I see it there are 3 options for the medium:

1. Take aura effect with Master of Command. This medium cluster is entirely damage oriented.

2. Take area damage with Assert dominance and towering threat. This primarily focuses on clear by increasing AoE. Also gives a little bit of life and damage.

3. Cluster with Enduring Focus. This adds an additional defensive layer by adding [reliable endurance charges.

All 3 are good. The build has so much defense that I prefer just buffing my auras. We have endurance charge generation already, but it's unreliable (low chance on block), but you only need endurance charges when you're getting hit, and if you're getting hit you'll be generating them. Enduring focus gives that reliably, so it's nice but we have endurance charges anyways.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Mar 29, 2020, 1:04:56 AM
Hey all, here's a PoB for a much higher end version of the build:

https://pastebin.com/a9Kpfveb

It has also been added to the PoB section of the guide.

This version uses an Inspired learning (6 ex) as well as an improved and much more expensive cluster jewel set-up which also allows us to have perma-elusive. Rings, Helmet, and Body armor are also updated to be better. Build has way better clear (especially because of Inspired Learning and Elusive movespeed) and is even better at bossing due to the addition of Elusive (granting 20%ish dodge and spell dodge). Total cost for this version can easily exceed 20 ex. I figured this would be worth adding to give some gear to work towards. I had some good luck today and made about 10 ex so I've been trying out Inspired Learning and it feels great. Absolutely amazing in simulacrum.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Mar 29, 2020, 1:16:21 AM
"
Arcayn13 wrote:

This version uses an Inspired learning (6 ex) as well as an improved and much more expensive cluster jewel set-up which also allows us to have perma-elusive. Rings, Helmet, and Body armor are also updated to be better. Build has way better clear (especially because of Inspired Learning and Elusive movespeed) and is even better at bossing due to the addition of Elusive (granting 20%ish dodge and spell dodge). Total cost for this version can easily exceed 20 ex. I figured this would be worth adding to give some gear to work towards. I had some good luck today and made about 10 ex so I've been trying out Inspired Learning and it feels great. Absolutely amazing in simulacrum.

Awesome! Sorry yet to annoy you with another question. Would you say that the elusive cluster is way more worth it then getting the presence/towering threat clusters?

I have a cluster with Deepcuts/Smite the Weak/Feed the Fury vs Deepcuts/Devastator/Martial Prowess and I'm torn between these 2 :(
Last edited by drigorin on Mar 29, 2020, 11:06:17 AM
what do you think about devoto's devotion for this build?
"
drigorin wrote:
"
Arcayn13 wrote:

Awesome! Sorry yet to annoy you with another question. Would you say that the elusive cluster is way more worth it then getting the presence/towering threat clusters?

I have a cluster with Deepcuts/Smite the Weak/Feed the Fury vs Deepcuts/Devastator/Martial Prowess and I'm torn between these 2 :(

The elusive cluster doesn't replace Towering threat, as towering threat is in a medium cluster. Elusive is on the small cluster notable "No Witnesses". You fit it by using a 2 socket large cluster jewel. One socket has towering threat cluster with hollow palm stuck to it, and the other socket has the elusive small cluster stuck directly on.

Both of your cluster options are good, but for different things. Deep cuts/Smite the Weak/Feed the Fury is insanely good for single target and bossing. Deep Cuts/Devastator is better for clear, but only by a marginal amount. The occasional pops help speed up your clear and make sure you clear full packs quickly without having to double back to mop up stragglers. Those are both good clusters, and it's a matter of preference which you want to use.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Mar 29, 2020, 1:33:04 PM
"
Malaclypsety wrote:
what do you think about devoto's devotion for this build?

If you don't care about bossing or simulacrum then it's fine. But only fine. I think even Starkonjas is better than it, and a good rare helmet is way better. Flat health is so important for this build, as it's missing 2 slots worth of health (gloves and amulet as you use astra). To compensate you take nearly 200% increased life on the tree, so you lose out on a lot of health when you drop a 120 life rare helmet for devoto's, and only gain a tiny bit of movespeed and damage. The damage gain is negligible, as the build already has a ton of attack speed, and stacks a lot of flat phys via dex, so the 10% reduced phys damage hits hard.

Alot of upgrades skyrocket this build
Last edited by Oxidizerr on Mar 29, 2020, 2:29:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info