GGPK Defragmenter

"
dannymccann wrote:
Just downloaded Drakier's exe and put it in my PoE folder, ran it and then I get this error:

Spoiler

What am I doing wrong?!

I read the first few pages of the thread with the rb file and a Ruby thing but I'm no programmer, no idea what any of that means!

I have the exact same problem but the click drag doesn't work for me. The defrag exe just closes after the click drag and nothing happened. I'm also using Win 7 x64.
Anyone can help me with the issue ? I'm not really tech savy and clueless, appreciate any help =/
Last edited by 0versky on Jul 21, 2015, 2:17:03 PM
I wasn't able to get this thing work too. Drag-drop failed, running as admin failed, tried different compatibility modes but no luck.

This is what worked for me:
-Go to your PoE installation folder
-Copy the .exe there
-Shift + right click anywhere in the folder
-Click 'Open command window here'
-Send 'ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk' without quotes and done.

Hope it works for you too.
2:34

1092.28 MBs reduced yummy. 1 gig in spaces and other stuff, that's insane if you know how much code 1 gig is ^^
"
Tuni wrote:
I wasn't able to get this thing work too. Drag-drop failed, running as admin failed, tried different compatibility modes but no luck.

This is what worked for me:
-Go to your PoE installation folder
-Copy the .exe there
-Shift + right click anywhere in the folder
-Click 'Open command window here'
-Send 'ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk' without quotes and done.

Hope it works for you too.

Thank you so much. This worked like a charm. 1000 MB reduced, damn that's a lot.
I see it says not to use on Steam, but it seems people have and it was still fine?
"
Noburu wrote:
I see it says not to use on Steam, but it seems people have and it was still fine?

This will make Steam have to re-patch the whole content file due to how it moves things around.

It won't "break" the game with Steam, but you'll get no benefit from using it on Steam as Steam uses an exact comparison byte-patch to patch the content file. It has a cached copy which it compares and patches. It's not very efficient, but it is the way Steam handles it. Using this application on your Steam install would make most of the file invalid and have to be re-patched to the way it was before you ran it.

So it's best to not use this with a Steam installed version of PoE.
CMD console:

ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk content2.ggpk

Return result:

FATAL ERROR:bad signature in executable.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue? Please help me and thanks a lot.
IGN:NicolasWei My Shop( www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/272067 ) Selling high Q high lv Gems
"
jackwei86 wrote:
CMD console:

ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk content2.ggpk

Return result:

FATAL ERROR:bad signature in executable.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue? Please help me and thanks a lot.

Reinstall the game?
I understand that it would reduce the size of GGPK,
However, does this impact performance? Like loading time etc?
"
flyaway_kong wrote:
I understand that it would reduce the size of GGPK,
However, does this impact performance? Like loading time etc?

It can, yes.

The more contiguous the files are (less fragmented), the faster and easier it is to load in a smaller amount of seeks/reads.

If the file is fragmented, it has to do multiple "read" operations to get all of the file contents. If it is all together, it can usually get it in a single read operation. This can improve performance.
Last edited by Drakier on Aug 4, 2015, 10:03:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info