Please delete

"
tservo3k wrote:
Hello. Thanks for the great build - been really enjoying its progress.
Around level 40 in its progress. Came to the main page of the thread to check it against something in my skill tree, and noticed the links for POE Planner were missing under the leveling spoiler. Can you please advise if the links were moved.

That's all that shows up under the tab. Thanks for any feedback.

I removed them. They dont apply to the current version of the build.
OK - thanks for the update.
Just so everyone knows i plan on updating this build for Harvest (trademark lol) keep posted!
I changed the build up a bit for use in the incoming 3.11 Harvest league. https://pastebin.com/3gm7vt23

TL;DR: We trade off armor and flexible rares for static uniques. Those uniques aren't particularly hard to obtain in a trade league: they're not in-demand items. However, the strict unique requirement render some of my changes unsuitable for HC or SSF.

Changes:

Dropped CWDT lightning spells. Damage dealt is not sufficient to shock even lowtier map mobs with health higher than minion DPS.

Dropped Life Regen, jewel slot to enable us to pick up the Maximum Life Marauder start.

Changed Circle of Guilts from Sentinel Damage as a priority to Reduced Mana Reserved. With less mana reserved, we can start using auras, which significantly increases our options for DPS or survival.

Added Diadem. Diadem makes Herald of Purity *actually* free if you can pull two 40% Circle of Guilts (in a trade league). HoP reserving no mana frees us to pick whatever supports we want, for DPS and otherwise. It also significantly increases our sustain through Feast of Flesh. We do lose some DPS, but inbuilt Eldritch Battery and Feast of Flesh's ES+Mana sustain means we can reserve more of our mana without having to worry so much about being able to use Dominating Blow, which again increases our options. An added bonus is that both Diadem and our preferred CoG rolls are considered trash drops, and are relatively cheap compared to other required uniques.

Sometimes, there aren't any sinners around to smite. A Writhing Jar lets us carry around our own. Overflowing Chalice perpetually lets us refill this jar.

Summon Holy Relic gives us the life regen we just dropped, for us and our minions. Feeding Frenzy and Blind round this out, buffing up the rest of our minions nicely. This will be a theme.

Since 3.11 is in 9 days, I think it's soon enough to account for it. The strength node by the Templar strength jewel slot will be the connecting point for Glancing Blows. Since we already take this node as a travel point, we can drop block chance to 38% as Glancing Blows doubles our block chance. This does mean blocked hits will still deal damage, which is more relevant with our lower increased armor %.

Dropped (some) minion accuracy nodes. Minion accuracy is viewable in Path of Building by setting the character level and clicking "Show Minion Stats" in the Calcs tab. With the rest of my alterations, the Sentinels of Purity had 7925 accuracy. It only takes 2960 accuracy to obtain a 100% hit rate against Uber Elder. This will be my second summoner build, so this was new to me, too, and actually took me a few days to figure out. Despite that, the entire Gravepact wheel is the highest damage per point on the whole tree for minion builds.

In light of the above, I dropped Redemption for Resolute Technique. The player had quite poor accuracy, to be honest, and this change frees us from having to pick swords with ~400+ accuracy rating as an implicit to apply Dominating Blow.

Dropped Impale for Melee Splash. Impale takes a while to build up, and the actual damage increase from this support was rather low while mapping. For bossing, it's easy enough to swap out Melee Splash for Maim support. Since Impale was a green socket, the only thing we really could have swapped that out for was Faster Attacks. Melee Splash helps us apply Dominating Blow's debuff to more mobs at once to keep up the supply of Sentinels. Plus, it helps the Sentinels mob better, too. This build could really benefit from Skill Effect Duration as a mod on a rare belt or amulet, or even just Scion start.

Added a travel skill in the form of Consecrated Path. It's how we'll make Consecrated Ground. I had to drop Fortify to shove Holy Relic in; depending on your needs or the ability of your Holy Relic to do anything other than blow up, you may find it more valuable to just drop holy relic for a more sufficiently supported Consecrated Path.

Socketed Consecrated path into the shield with Curse on Hit. The Surrender has Reckoning, which will more or less always trigger on block. Supporting both with Curse on Hit ensures it will almost always be applied.

Changed Punishment for Vulnerability. Punishment doesn't last a whole long time and is somewhat inconsistent while mapping, either you blow the mobs up and it never comes into play, or you do no damage until your minions get hit. Vulnerability isn't that far behind, and it's damage increase is instant. Depending on how fast you clear--and this is a pretty slow summoner build regardless, so that answer may just be 'slow', you may find it better to use Punishment.

Changed Bone Offering for Spirit Offering. With Glancing Blows on our travel path, we no longer need such large sources of block to max it; 38% will cap it for us. This frees us up to take additional durability passives. Spirit Offering substantially grows the DPS of our minions, as well.

Changed Hands, Kaom's Roots to generic rares. Belt changed to a Stygian for an Abyssal Jewel. A perfect Cyclopean is kind of hard to get and shouldn't be built around if you can avoid it, IMHO, although the extra stats are hard to dispute. Still, a rare Stygian with matching eye jewel will do us more good in the long run, and be easier to obtain regardless of SSFHC or my personal strategy of "human wave attack" bossing. Glorious plate is preferable as it has no movement speed penalty, although for re-selling your body armor, an astral plate obviously has higher resale value.

Closing thoughts;

You have an incredible and urgent need for mana leech from your gear, even with Eldritch Battery. Failing that, I have a second tree where I trade off some life and DPS (boo! hiss! grr!) to get the SED and mana gain from damage nodes by Scion start. In that tree, I changeover to the Champion ascendancy point to gain a small % chance of Fortify on hit, which should last about 6 seconds with that tree.

I actually increased the total Maximum Life from tree by 37%. Depending on what items you obtain, you can actually end up with more life with this tree. It's also entirely possible to keep the life % the same (by dropping the Marauder nodes) and claw back more DPS lost from dropping Punishment.

A purely DPS focused softcore trade league build could drop both the weapon and the shield for a Chaber Cairn and a Victario's Influence, with the new Rallying Cry. You lose *a lot* of durability, incredible amounts, but gain an equivalent amount of DPS. Victarios can also be considered a leveling armor with a Queen's Decree or Escape until a suitable one-handed weapon and shield appear. Honourhome is also a great leveling option, and between it and Herald of Purity, you won't have to change anything till maps. That is to say: Devouring Diadem, while core, is completely unneccessary until yellows.

The Surrender is expensive early on in the league. A Shaper shield can give us % life on block, a guaranteed shock, reduced mana reserved, or charges on block, and even resistances.

Re: lack of golems, well, they just don't do anything. Carrion Golem is the biggest increase we can obtain from Golems.

Here are our minions' base damages at each gem level:

Sentinel of Dominance

768-1152 level 20
848-1272 level 21
1259-1888 level 25

Sentinel of Purity

729-1094 level 20
805-1208 level 21
1196-1794 level 25

And what does Carrion Golem do for us? 27-41 damage. Wow, such increase. much DPS. This build is actually really slot hungry, to the extent that the changeover to PoE2's many-6L system is an incredible buff to it. No golem is worth the gem slot. For that matter, Summon Holy Relic is barely worth the gem slots. Consecrated Path, Fortify, and Culling Strike will likely do both hardcore and softcore players more good than the Relic, but I wanted a source of Feeding Frenzy, and Blind does mitigate damage nicely. Plus, the life regen *is* quite nice. It's just not on the sheet.

Recommended MTX:

In no particular order.

Zenith armor set
Miracle armor set
Vanguard and Empyrean armor sets
Orion armor set
Sunspire armor set
Faith Guard armor set
Grand Spectrum armor set

I'm sure there's 1 or 2 more, but I haven't been in game for a while.
Last edited by Gwennifer on Jun 9, 2020, 8:00:10 AM
"
Gwennifer wrote:
I changed the build up a bit for use in the incoming 3.11 Harvest league. https://pastebin.com/3gm7vt23

TL;DR: We trade off armor and flexible rares for static uniques. Those uniques aren't particularly hard to obtain in a trade league: they're not in-demand items. However, the strict unique requirement render some of my changes unsuitable for HC or SSF.

Changes:

Dropped CWDT lightning spells. Damage dealt is not sufficient to shock even lowtier map mobs with health higher than minion DPS.

Dropped Life Regen, jewel slot to enable us to pick up the Maximum Life Marauder start.

Changed Circle of Guilts from Sentinel Damage as a priority to Reduced Mana Reserved. With less mana reserved, we can start using auras, which significantly increases our options for DPS or survival.

Added Diadem. Diadem makes Herald of Purity *actually* free if you can pull two 40% Circle of Guilts (in a trade league). HoP reserving no mana frees us to pick whatever supports we want, for DPS and otherwise. It also significantly increases our sustain through Feast of Flesh. We do lose some DPS, but inbuilt Eldritch Battery and Feast of Flesh's ES+Mana sustain means we can reserve more of our mana without having to worry so much about being able to use Dominating Blow, which again increases our options. An added bonus is that both Diadem and our preferred CoG rolls are considered trash drops, and are relatively cheap compared to other required uniques.

Sometimes, there aren't any sinners around to smite. A Writhing Jar lets us carry around our own. Overflowing Chalice perpetually lets us refill this jar.

Summon Holy Relic gives us the life regen we just dropped, for us and our minions. Feeding Frenzy and Blind round this out, buffing up the rest of our minions nicely. This will be a theme.

Since 3.11 is in 9 days, I think it's soon enough to account for it. The strength node by the Templar strength jewel slot will be the connecting point for Glancing Blows. Since we already take this node as a travel point, we can drop block chance to 38% as Glancing Blows doubles our block chance. This does mean blocked hits will still deal damage, which is more relevant with our lower increased armor %.

Dropped (some) minion accuracy nodes. Minion accuracy is viewable in Path of Building by setting the character level and clicking "Show Minion Stats" in the Calcs tab. With the rest of my alterations, the Sentinels of Purity had 7925 accuracy. It only takes 2960 accuracy to obtain a 100% hit rate against Uber Elder. This will be my second summoner build, so this was new to me, too, and actually took me a few days to figure out. Despite that, the entire Gravepact wheel is the highest damage per point on the whole tree for minion builds.

In light of the above, I dropped Redemption for Resolute Technique. The player had quite poor accuracy, to be honest, and this change frees us from having to pick swords with ~400+ accuracy rating as an implicit to apply Dominating Blow.

Dropped Impale for Melee Splash. Impale takes a while to build up, and the actual damage increase from this support was rather low while mapping. For bossing, it's easy enough to swap out Melee Splash for Maim support. Since Impale was a green socket, the only thing we really could have swapped that out for was Faster Attacks. Melee Splash helps us apply Dominating Blow's debuff to more mobs at once to keep up the supply of Sentinels. Plus, it helps the Sentinels mob better, too. This build could really benefit from Skill Effect Duration as a mod on a rare belt or amulet, or even just Scion start.

Added a travel skill in the form of Consecrated Path. It's how we'll make Consecrated Ground. I had to drop Fortify to shove Holy Relic in; depending on your needs or the ability of your Holy Relic to do anything other than blow up, you may find it more valuable to just drop holy relic for a more sufficiently supported Consecrated Path.

Socketed Consecrated path into the shield with Curse on Hit. The Surrender has Reckoning, which will more or less always trigger on block. Supporting both with Curse on Hit ensures it will almost always be applied.

Changed Punishment for Vulnerability. Punishment doesn't last a whole long time and is somewhat inconsistent while mapping, either you blow the mobs up and it never comes into play, or you do no damage until your minions get hit. Vulnerability isn't that far behind, and it's damage increase is instant. Depending on how fast you clear--and this is a pretty slow summoner build regardless, so that answer may just be 'slow', you may find it better to use Punishment.

Changed Bone Offering for Spirit Offering. With Glancing Blows on our travel path, we no longer need such large sources of block to max it; 38% will cap it for us. This frees us up to take additional durability passives. Spirit Offering substantially grows the DPS of our minions, as well.

Changed Hands, Kaom's Roots to generic rares. Belt changed to a Stygian for an Abyssal Jewel. A perfect Cyclopean is kind of hard to get and shouldn't be built around if you can avoid it, IMHO, although the extra stats are hard to dispute. Still, a rare Stygian with matching eye jewel will do us more good in the long run, and be easier to obtain regardless of SSFHC or my personal strategy of "human wave attack" bossing. Glorious plate is preferable as it has no movement speed penalty, although for re-selling your body armor, an astral plate obviously has higher resale value.

Closing thoughts;

You have an incredible and urgent need for mana leech from your gear, even with Eldritch Battery. Failing that, I have a second tree where I trade off some life and DPS (boo! hiss! grr!) to get the SED and mana gain from damage nodes by Scion start. In that tree, I changeover to the Champion ascendancy point to gain a small % chance of Fortify on hit, which should last about 6 seconds with that tree.

I actually increased the total Maximum Life from tree by 37%. Depending on what items you obtain, you can actually end up with more life with this tree. It's also entirely possible to keep the life % the same (by dropping the Marauder nodes) and claw back more DPS lost from dropping Punishment.

A purely DPS focused softcore trade league build could drop both the weapon and the shield for a Chaber Cairn and a Victario's Influence, with the new Rallying Cry. You lose *a lot* of durability, incredible amounts, but gain an equivalent amount of DPS. Victarios can also be considered a leveling armor with a Queen's Decree or Escape until a suitable one-handed weapon and shield appear. Honourhome is also a great leveling option, and between it and Herald of Purity, you won't have to change anything till maps. That is to say: Devouring Diadem, while core, is completely unneccessary until yellows.

The Surrender is expensive early on in the league. A Shaper shield can give us % life on block, a guaranteed shock, reduced mana reserved, or charges on block, and even resistances.

Re: lack of golems, well, they just don't do anything. Carrion Golem is the biggest increase we can obtain from Golems.

Here are our minions' base damages at each gem level:

Sentinel of Dominance

768-1152 level 20
848-1272 level 21
1259-1888 level 25

Sentinel of Purity

729-1094 level 20
805-1208 level 21
1196-1794 level 25

And what does Carrion Golem do for us? 27-41 damage. Wow, such increase. much DPS. This build is actually really slot hungry, to the extent that the changeover to PoE2's many-6L system is an incredible buff to it. No golem is worth the gem slot. For that matter, Summon Holy Relic is barely worth the gem slots. Consecrated Path, Fortify, and Culling Strike will likely do both hardcore and softcore players more good than the Relic, but I wanted a source of Feeding Frenzy, and Blind does mitigate damage nicely. Plus, the life regen *is* quite nice. It's just not on the sheet.

Recommended MTX:

In no particular order.

Zenith armor set
Miracle armor set
Vanguard and Empyrean armor sets
Orion armor set
Sunspire armor set
Faith Guard armor set
Grand Spectrum armor set

I'm sure there's 1 or 2 more, but I haven't been in game for a while.

very cool, please continue the build if you feel you want to on another post! its been fun but i think im going to work on another build now.
I'm looking forward to your next build, haven't tried this yet but with everything I've read it's bound to be interesting. Till next time amigo.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
"
Erseii wrote:
I'm looking forward to your next build, haven't tried this yet but with everything I've read it's bound to be interesting. Till next time amigo.

til next time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info