[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

anyone found out why we are spawning only corpses and not balls 30% of the time?
"
Hollycz wrote:
anyone found out why we are spawning only corpses and not balls 30% of the time?

I dont have problem like that, using frenzy-barrage support. Tweaked littlebit build because lack of DPS, and now starting to feel good.

Gear+Setup

Next have to buy couple awakened gems, craft new boots and multimod wand :)
Ign HalpingHansu/Jevnigeff
Last edited by Jevnigeff on Apr 1, 2020, 1:42:57 PM
"
CE2JRH wrote:
I have Frenzy charges on kill on my gloves.

Any suggestions for replacing ice bite in my combustion set up?

I feel that the best way to cast WoC is to have it linked to a wand with "Trigger socketed spells" and on the wand link have WoC-Combustion-Bone Offering. That is the path I will be going. As for a 4th link on WoC it is difficult to say. You can link something like arcane surge, power charge on crit, energy leech. The 4th link doesn't seem as necessary though. Let me know if you find a good one!
"
Gustavson87 wrote:
What node should i put on my amulet with these oils? Just have a few of those so i do not wanna waste them on sth useless ;)
Ty very much

Oh and i got surrender shild is that anything useful?!

My top picks for oils:
Heart of Flame
Barbarism
Prodigal Perfection
Testudo
Deflection

Take a look at what they do, basically the choices are damage, life, or block.

For the Surrender Shield it is decent for early maps but I would switch off it for something that relates to the gear I suggest.
"
islay wrote:
OK, mixed your build + ziz to make a low life version, 10.2k es at 88, tossed my 1 point at 89 into light based on es lol. So, anyone go an example of a perfect wand?, I think mine is OK but could get better.

Best (non influenced) Wand imo:

The ones in parenthesis are less important and can be swapped with one another!

Prefix
Adds # to # Fire Damage
Adds # to # Fire Damage to Spells

(#% increased Spell Damage)
(#% increased Fire Damage)
(+1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems)
(Gain #% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage)

Suffix
#% increased Attack Speed
(#% increased Fire Damage)
Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill

For influence look for things like:

Warlord
Adds (26–35) to (53–61) Fire Damage
Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate (5–7)% Fire Resistance

Shaper
Gain (7–8)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
"
yissus wrote:
Hi. Maybe I dont understand the mechanism of inspiration. The gem says "Gain an Inspiration Charge when you Spend Mana for Supported Skills", but we dont spend mana with the volatile gem of the chest. they are trigger with spellslinger. Or the gem is there because other motives?

Inspiration is on Barrage as well as VD. When we spend the mana from barrage we also get the inspiration charges to buff the VD
"
Hollycz wrote:
"
lolcaaa wrote:
Someone tell me pls,
I use barrage (for now, beforeo I unlock barrage support and frenzy).

when I use barrage, often times (70%) I will make only corpses but not VD, it seems like the VD is cast in weird direction, not following the corpses. Any clues?

i would love to get answer for this as well because I feel like with either frenzy/barrage sup or just barrage there is always a skip in VD cast.

Maybe its a stupid mistake on gem links or smth but its not 100% consistent. even if i stay still and press buttons it happens that not all ballz spawn or just corpses. but thats like as above 70% time so it affects single target dps quite a bit and clear too.

tty

I have this issue once I get too much attack speed (3+) but lower than that I cast the corpses and create that VD balls. Try aiming within the range of where Desecrate can cast. Don't point at the corner of the screen or on top your character. I notice I can get more balls to spawn when I cast with my cursor about 1/4 screen away from my character. Hope this helps at least a little
"
DestinyOG7 wrote:
I just want to point out..
Is there any reason why your gem setup don't match your gear section.

Like you said flame dash in 1 single socket..
But shows it in your help in the gear section.

Or the gems are just random in the gearsection ?

Also, you have multiple 3soc gems.. this does not add up..
I'm sitting here with my lv 86 vd necro and i'm pulling my hairs out with this build.. I'm at the start of red tier maps and I feel like I have to upgrade. but because ziz always change things up.. i'm confused as a new player and never been in red tier maps

Sorry it is a bit confusing. I will try my best to explain.

My helmet has 4 sockets, but only 3 of them are linked together. This is where I put WoC, Combustion, and Spellslinger. The last socket (that has no links) has Flame Dash on it. You can also put Flame Dash on a ring socket if that is what you prefer!

The 3 links go on the wand, shield, and the one in the helmet that I just explained. (Also the 3 link does not have the be on the helmet, it can be on gloves or boots if that works better for you!)

"
edvinas19 wrote:
I'm using old (not the newest one with ES) Zizaran VD build, its kinda similar to this one, but im struggling with watchstone bosses. Could't kill tier 3 poison guy... any1 experiencing this aswell ?

Im doing low tier red maps without any problems.

This build is not perfect at bossing, but I can. People are doing low life to help with that. There are many paths you can take with this build to help it, this build is just a baseline for new and old players to try out and see how they would like to tinker with it!

As for me, I am doing the t3 watchstones as well, they take a bit longer to kill than the t2 but it is not a struggle with the current gear that I have.
"
arisgigi wrote:
I am trying like the guy a few pages back suggested. Wand with trigger spell when skill used to free one spellslinger. Circle of anguish for Herald of fire and i also socketed lone messenger for herald and the damage seems really nice .

That is what I am planning on doing as well once I get a new wand!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info