[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

How do you guys calculate Phantasmal Vortex on POB?

When I change to it dps stays the same.
Cast from frostbolt is ticked.

Also is it worth over a normal 21/20 vortex?
Phantasmal would be only 20/20, too expensive to corrupt and no 21/20 available.

Also got this 2 wands, witch one Is better for the build?
New one:

Old one:

Maybe the new one will get better with a multimod craft. Also removing the fire to spells with harvest.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Mar 6, 2021, 5:23:15 PM
This is a FUN build to level through the campaign - I had an L38 Creeping Frost Witch I didn't really enjoy so I switched her to this and...

I did leave her as a 'Spell Damage Arcanists Dominion Heart and Soul' starter - my experience of levelling as "ES" hasn't been amazing in the past but I'll switch-over to ES once I get a few choice items and then into CI

That means you can level with complete crap of course - I used a Poets Pen (because I had one) but otherwise I used 'anything with the right sockets that I'd picked-up already' - even resists weren't bad (and I wasn't capped through A6-9 anyway)

I'd also forgotten the char hadn't ascended until I came to Act 8 so I err - didn't bother with that either!! Got to Maps at 67 as a Witch - ezmode :)

Thanks for sharing!
"
How do you guys calculate Phantasmal Vortex on POB?

When I change to it dps stays the same.
Cast from frostbolt is ticked.

Also is it worth over a normal 21/20 vortex?
Phantasmal would be only 20/20, too expensive to corrupt and no 21/20 available.

Also got this 2 wands, witch one Is better for the build?
New one:

Verified

POB doesn't correctly calculate Phantasmal Vortex last time I checked. You just have to trust that its better. Yes its worth it. It took me over twenty tries to land a 21/20. I decided to skip trying for 21/23. The new wand is better if you can harvest off the fire and get a decent tier cold damage, spell damage, or cold damage over time multi
If already maxing chaos on gear, what is the best move on the Ascendancy tree?
Profane Bloom / Forbidden Power

Not sure how much testing the author did with EE but on endgame bosses it seams like is not really helping. In the LL version our attacks get cold so the cold res will jump up a lot. It might go down with the brand but power siphon will get it up again in on time. I know is a constant topic in here but I have to say... not sure if is really helping the LL variant. There is too many cold stuff happening around the boss...
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Mar 9, 2021, 5:40:50 PM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
If already maxing chaos on gear, what is the best move on the Ascendancy tree?
Profane Bloom / Forbidden Power

Not sure how much testing the author did with EE but on endgame bosses it seams like is not really helping. In the LL version our attacks get cold so the cold res will jump up a lot. It might go down with the brand but power siphon will get it up again in on time. I know is a constant topic in here but I have to say... not sure if is really helping the LL variant. There is too many cold stuff happening around the boss...
Going EE vs not is a big decision. If you don't take EE then I'd suggest not using Frostbite or Frost Bomb (i.e. Cold Exposure). You really only care about reducing resists on bosses, who have a lot of resists. So to get the impact you need all of these negative enemy resist mechanics working together. A little bit of negative enemy resists is useless. This would open up a fair number of options. You could use Enfeeble and Temporal Chains as your curses to make bosses mechanically safer. You could use Tempest Shield instead of Frost Bomb and potentially drop Rumi's flask for something else. Those are just two thoughts off the top of my head.

The easy answer of "What should I run instead of Withering Presence" is Profane Bloom. It'll speed up your clear by killing mobs that don't step into your vortex. However, the base amount of chaos damage scaling and AoE we have isn't enough to proliferate the explosions on their own, so you often only get single chains. Which makes me think that you'd be better off with Forbidden Power.

I'm going to try it. Taking Forbidden Power means using Frenzy instead of Power Siphon but should result in better bossing. I was using Cold Snap to generate frenzy charges, but that doesn't work for bossing. You lose culling strike by not using Power Siphon, but the damage tradeoff is probably similar, while Frenzy makes the stutter step playstyle a bit faster via attack speed increases. Also I'm thinking I could get gloves with culling strike and get the best of both worlds.

Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Mar 9, 2021, 9:45:17 PM
Does it matter that frenzy only fires one projectile?
We will only spread the curses in a straight line right?
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Yeah curses will be single target now, but that shouldn't impact clear speed too much. Same for bossing. If you really care then Anomalous Frenzy gives you an extra projectile. Or you could sacrifice something to fit in GMP.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Mar 9, 2021, 10:51:40 PM
"
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Yeah curses will be single target now, but that shouldn't impact clear speed too much. Same for bossing. If you really care then Anomalous Frenzy gives you an extra projectile. Or you could sacrifice something to fit in GMP.

So is going frenzy a better option for bossing? Did you test it? I'm trying it right now too. POB is showing a drop in dps, but it might actually be a gain.

On a side note, I'm seeing a lot of 10~30m dps builds, are those true dps? Like at most we are looking at 3.5m in this build :D
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
"
pra-lima87 wrote:

So is going frenzy a better option for bossing? Did you test it? I'm trying it right now too. POB is showing a drop in dps, but it might actually be a gain.

On a side note, I'm seeing a lot of 10~30m dps builds, are those true dps? Like at most we are looking at 3.5m in this build :D
In PoB if you had Frenzy and Power charges checked in your config then the only PoB difference would be the Ascendancy's 6% damage per power charge (about 3% more dps in my PoB). But in game the difference is having frenzy charges vs solo bosses now where previously you wouldn't and not having culling strike (until I craft some gloves). Neither of which will show up in PoB's damage calcs.

I've been testing it and I like it. I'm going to stick with it I think.

To your side note, are those 10m+ builds using spellslinger? Where are you seeing them?
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Mar 10, 2021, 7:15:28 AM
"

To your side note, are those 10m+ builds using spellslinger? Where are you seeing them?

With spellslinger there is the flamewall one. Zizs did a build I think. And there are others floating around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info