[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
marmennai wrote:
Hi guys,
after playing this build for most of the league so far, i reached the point where further upgrades would cost a big amount of money.
I've been able to complete all invitations and almost all endgame encounters (except for A9 sirus, doable but never took the +1 awakening point, Maven herself which i tried only once and obviously 100% delirium full juiced maps).

I'm here asking for suggestions about further upgrades options and/or priorities or i may be rerolling to another build.

In the end i felt comfortable for the majority of the gameplay, but the build sometimes feels squishy and suffers from random 1shots and degen, especially against endgame bosses.

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/DEJPTgaq

Thank you very much in advance for every single suggestion!
Have a good day, Exiles!

You definitely have a good amount of damage! A few things I noticed was that you are not Lightning Res capped. Just switch around some fire or cold to lightning. Another thing would be to switch your Watchers Eye to have a Discipline mod of "ES gained on hit" or "Faster start of ES recharge". ES on hit is better for clearing and Faster recharge is better for dealing with bossing and degen. Another thing to look into would be to get phasing on your eye jewel which should make it more smooth while mapping and running into packs.

Your total ES is a bit low and getting it up to around 7~8k would def result in less one shots. Switching your stygian to a shaper or crusader crystal belt would help, and you can also change some points around on your tree and add in 2 small cluster jewels with "Energy from Naught". You can unspec from some of the damage nodes as your DPS is already more than enough. Lastly your chaos res is a little low (manageable but more is a nice QOL) and you are lacking stun immunity. Maybe drop Profane Bloom and pick up Vile Bastion which will also give you a good amount of passive ES recharge. Your clear probably won't suffer with your amount of DPS
Thanks for the build!

Last edited by Eckus on Feb 18, 2021, 10:51:28 AM
So Guys, please help me a thing, cause i´ve a discussion with a few guys:

I am sitting on a pair of boots i chaos spammed today.

(Info: I am using a Rime Gaze with reduced spellslinger mana reserved and i am using a rare amulet with +1 Int Gems and +1 Cold gems)

The Boots have:

+2 Level Cold Gems
Gain Elusive on Crit (procced by Lightning Brand)
Movement Speed
Chaos Resistence (needed cause i use a rare amulet Presence of chayula)
Cold Resist (ok i dont need them)

Guys say the boots are shit and Coldslinger is anyway a shitty build ^^

I think the boots are super cool for the build. Still have near to 8k ES

Last edited by Goggo2000 on Feb 18, 2021, 6:11:32 AM
When using Thread of Hope why dont we pick "Snowforge"?
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
When using Thread of Hope why dont we pick "Snowforge"?
most likely lack of points,tbh if you can fit it in it's a good node.
Last edited by wygga on Feb 20, 2021, 2:44:05 AM
I'm almost at 8k ES on LL but I'm feeling like a glass canon. I'm still at yellow maps but I'm dying more them I like.

How can I add some layer of defense to LL? Got a "currupted blood" gem. Maybe aspect of crab?

Or swapping frost shield with something else? Sometimes it fells like the degen comes at the worst times :)
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 20, 2021, 2:05:32 PM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
I'm almost at 8k ES on LL but I'm feeling like a glass canon. I'm still at yellow maps but I'm dying more them I like.

How can I add some layer of defense to LL? Got a "currupted blood" gem. Maybe aspect of crab?

Or swapping frost shield with something else? Sometimes it fells like the degen comes at the worst times :)
cinder swallow helps hugely with this,also put defence catalysts on your chayula (gives 4% extra ES),a crystal belt with shaper influence that has 18% increased energy shield is a big boost to ES,could also try tempest shield + lunaris or solaris depending on what you prefer,a watcher's eye with ES recharge while affected by discipline is also helpful (not sure of ps4 prices but pc they are only 1ex if that)
"
Valkirth wrote:
cinder swallow helps hugely with this,also put defence catalysts on your chayula (gives 4% extra ES),a crystal belt with shaper influence that has 18% increased energy shield is a big boost to ES,could also try tempest shield + lunaris or solaris depending on what you prefer,a watcher's eye with ES recharge while affected by discipline is also helpful (not sure of ps4 prices but pc they are only 1ex if that)

Thanks for all the tips!
A discipline watcher is around 11ex on ps4 :/

Got insanely lucky corruption the prism guarding and getting it +2 aura on my first shield drop. Maybe I'll sell it and get all that stuff.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
Valkirth wrote:

Thanks for all the tips!
A discipline watcher is around 11ex on ps4 :/

Got insanely lucky corruption the prism guarding and getting it +2 aura on my first shield drop. Maybe I'll sell it and get all that stuff.
np!,:O god damn that's expensive,yeah it's definitely not worth 11ex+,not sure why ps4 is drastically more expensive,lucky on the shield corruption! i got 3 white sockets sadly which isn't terrible i was hoping for something better lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info