[3.10] Unkn0wN's Archmage OOS Hybrid MOM Trickster- 11kEHP 15mil+ Shaper DPS League Starter

"
wtfkings wrote:
Spoiler
"
unkn0wn71 wrote:

No problem, yes that is the correct way to link it and ask for help thank you.

Arcane cloak shares a cooldown with steelskin on your CWDT
Ideally the way I play is, kill pack/most of pack pop arcane cloak with last OOS lingering and killing stragglers (typically from delirium fog) and use that to boost my mana back up to useable values along with mana potion or I use it after I've dropped orb of storms and am just sitting in place holding down tempest shield. The steelskin/arcane cloak being used in CWDT is mostly for if I don't preemptively use it but yes they share cooldown. Sometimes using AC first and waiting a small amount of time instead of chain diving packs will definitely be safer anyway. A lot of time I pop it and jump in and Frostblink/Wave of Conviction/Cold Snap will just kill stuff and I don't even notice that I used it since the damage boost from AC + Fevered Minds + general spell damage increases makes our non main spells hit hard enough on trash typically anyway, though I'm pretty much at the point where I'm not going to upgrade further.

Generally speaking priority for wand/shield should be something like

Wand
top tier:
%spell damage
%cast speed
%of lightning damage or non-chaos damage as extra chaos
%increased critical strike chance of spells
>100 mana

low tier:
flat added elemental damage to spells

Shield:
Perfect shield imo would look like
%increased spell damage
+to max life
+to max mana (alternatively could have %of lightning damage as chaos here)
%increased critical strike chance for spells
%cast speed
-- flex slot -- (so so so many great things could go here to boost up your build)

to give you an idea my wand did not originally have the +mana on it and it was quite good I did Leo Exalt slam it and got lucky with the added mana roll I did meta-craft to make that happen though

critical strike chance of spells is quite good but only if you have a lot of the other pieces hence its not the top priority and there are so many good mods to roll on wands if you don't get it there no sweat

the %of damage as chaos damage is very efficient for our build as we provide huge amounts of base damage already being pumped in so converting a portion of this as extra works out well and will typically be paired with a high %increased spell damage roll as its a hybrid roll

The flat added elemental damage to spells just happened to be part of the wand when I bought it but it was not a huge priority as the amount of extra damage it adds is negligible compared to the other stats.

Shield will have less damage rolls on it if you want life so the my shield originally did not come with a resist but got slammed on there even though I hoped to hit cast speed :( but you can see I don't have cast speed on the shield as the other rolls were strong enough to outweigh it since unless you pay exorbitantly you can't have everything.

TLDR: Whatever item you are looking at buying since the stats affect the build in varying and complex ways, copy the item and try it on in path of building to compare damage differences.

Thanks for the input i managed to get the upgrades you recommended me excluding shield & wand upgrade. i realised they aren't selling them in the trade and i would need to craft it myself. (https://pastebin.com/TiEiBsee)

I don't see myself having much damage issue for now, but i seem to have issues surviving. I mostly die from one shots (lots of projectile flying my way)

I'm thinking of switching over to your new setup of having the timeless jewel (glancing blow). Do you think it would help or am i just playing badly haha... this is my first character and league >_<

I managed to get to awakened lv 8 but only managed to defeat a6 sirus. I can't seem to level up from 93 as i'm dying too much too often any suggestions on this? I've been improving on using arcane cloaks and cycling through defensives (vaal grace/discipline) as well.

If you're dying in third phase of awakener make sure you get an unaffected by corrupted blood corruption on one of your jewels. Also, you can upgrade and change your pantheons for defense.
for ascendency nodes which should be the optimal route to take? i take it that weave the arcane should be taken first for QoL of mana recovery, for curel lab i took Ghorst Dance but now after Merc lab done its either Patient reaper or escape artist,

Patient reaper could be better i guess and take escape artist on Uberlab since i can run with Soul of Brine King until i get escape artist for the stun immune anyway and then swap to soul of lunaris?

*edit*

took Patient Reaper to get extra fuel for MoM to not be out of mana :P
Last edited by nothingtoxic on Apr 7, 2020, 6:04:18 PM
Loved the build. As hybrid was able to clear all content in game with very cheap gear.. found a 3 jewel voices so had money to burn. Tried rolling another char but 25ex in it still wasn't as good as this. So I decided to sell that guy off and do my attempt at a low life version of it.

I looked at some low life stormbrand trickster builds for some ideas, not entirely sure it was worth me doing this but the damage is quite high. My PoB is showing just about 2mil for OSS hit and i only have one awakened gem right now for lightning pen. Still need some more defenses that I'm trying to figure out how to build in but it revitalized the character a bit for me. Here's my PoB for the low life - feel free to copy if anyone is interested or better yet give pointers if anyone sees any good changes to make. This was my first time deviating from a build guide to do something a little on my own.

Still need to fix several things as I just made the conversion tonight and ran about 15 maps really smoothly. Much higher damage than I had with a good bit of room left for improvement.

https://pastebin.com/EvjA00jv
Last edited by nickkarma on Apr 8, 2020, 2:08:44 AM
"
nickkarma wrote:
Loved the build. As hybrid was able to clear all content in game with very cheap gear.. found a 3 jewel voices so had money to burn. Tried rolling another char but 25ex in it still wasn't as good as this. So I decided to sell that guy off and do my attempt at a low life version of it.

I looked at some low life stormbrand trickster builds for some ideas, not entirely sure it was worth me doing this but the damage is quite high. My PoB is showing just about 2mil for OSS hit and i only have one awakened gem right now for lightning pen. Still need some more defenses that I'm trying to figure out how to build in but it revitalized the character a bit for me. Here's my PoB for the low life - feel free to copy if anyone is interested or better yet give pointers if anyone sees any good changes to make. This was my first time deviating from a build guide to do something a little on my own.

Still need to fix several things as I just made the conversion tonight and ran about 15 maps really smoothly. Much higher damage than I had with a good bit of room left for improvement.

https://pastebin.com/EvjA00jv

Nice looking stuff man, I took a look and edited it a bit. A few key points I changed and stuff you might look in to if you have the currency.

First here is the PoB https://pastebin.com/KiycJ4Qe

Things I changed:
1.Small cluster jewels changed to 2 in stead of 3 passives (Sorry if its super expensive)
2.Assassin's Mark ring (to synergize with skill tree change might make no curse maps not feel great not sure)
3.Dropped your energy from within to add back in Lethal Pride for Glancing Blows (transforming MoM Keystoneor even EE if you decide you want to run MoM)
4.Rearranged skill tree a bit to take upper left Jewel Socket instead of the one near shadow start since it's more efficient. Dropped your %int notable since its also a bit tight on points and other nodes are a bit less ES but more point efficient.

Stat changes to note:
Slightly off on resistances
Need 4 levels
200 less ES
+35% increased chance to block attacks
+30% chance to block spells
Big damage increase (using same PoB config settings that I normally used for build)

hope that helps my dude looks cool
Been a blast leveling and playing this build, it is very active and fun was even better then my 5 unleash seal Arc trickster only thing now is what i might should head for next upgrade, i have a feeling that a new shield with more spell damage should suffice.

Link for checking the jewels

Hey man! Loving the build thanks for making it :D. I invested currency into it because I got bored of trolling through everything on my Storm Brand character and this is a wonderful change of pace!

If you could let me know if there's anything else I could do to upgrade from here on out let me know please!!

https://pastebin.com/cte5qvJ4 That's my pastebin

And that's my gear. I have a corrupted blood jewel in :D
How is better trickster instead of assassin? Could you tell pros/cons?

Im lvling storm brand/orb of storm assassin, doing good by now but for endgame i hope to change later for trickster maybe.
Trickster gives you extra mana and mana recovery when you spam tempest shield and good cast speed. oos scales more with cast speed than crit and crit multi but you can try both.
"
cjbender wrote:
Spoiler
Hey man! Loving the build thanks for making it :D. I invested currency into it because I got bored of trolling through everything on my Storm Brand character and this is a wonderful change of pace!

If you could let me know if there's anything else I could do to upgrade from here on out let me know please!!

Quality on your arcane surge gives you cast speed.
"
daason wrote:
"
cjbender wrote:
Spoiler

Quality on your arcane surge gives you cast speed.

Haha nice! I didn't realize that. Swapping them now. Any other suggestions? I have about 40 ex

*Edit* They give .5% extra spell damage per 1% quality. Not cast speed btw
Last edited by cjbender on Apr 9, 2020, 11:42:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info