[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Spooner101 wrote:
there is a difference of 10% unreserved mana to mine - you have 17% (260), I have 7% (106).
Don't put spider on weapon, it increases its reservation.

Best place is a no-socket item like belt, ring or quiver.
Last edited by Viktranka on Feb 14, 2021, 10:57:40 PM
"
Spooner101 wrote:
Hey Havoc thx for the awesome guide, I have a lot of fun following it. I just reached the point where I could put in 6 auras and now Im really limited with my remaining mana pool. Im following the expensive 100 lowlife Pob and there is a difference of 10% unreserved mana to mine - you have 17% (260), I have 7% (106). If you have the time could you check my Pob real quick and look for my potential mistake, I followed the tree very closely and have all the reduced mana nodes so I have absolutely no idea whats causing it.
Pob: https://pastebin.com/cCz71yf0
Hi

Thank you!

So it looks like Viktranka is correct, Aspect of Spider cannot be on the weapon.

What is happening here, is that "Aspect of the Spider" is a "Duration" spell.
What this means is that 2 support gems in the 6 link are "Duration" support gems, so instead of only supporting Essence Drain, they are actually supporting Aspect of the Spider as well, so that is why your mana is only 7%.

Swift Affliction and Efficacy are the two support gems doing this, try removing these to get an idea of what I mean, but after put them back in your gear.

This does not mean your bow is useless, it just means the Aspect of the Spider can NOT be crafted on the bow, it has to go on another item, and be careful for Blood Magic, because you do not want Aspect of the Spider to be crafted on the same item that you are going to use the Blood Magic gem in.
Thx very much for the fast and detailed replies, wouldnt have thought of that. Will take a little time to adjust.

Noob here. Really enjoying this build so far!

This build makes it easy to cap all res elemental & chaos, but so far I have 0 phys reduction? Am I missing something or is it more of a "git gud and don't get hit" kind of thing?

Big thanks for the guide :)
Damage are great, but build feels too squishy. It's okay or am I missing something? You can check character "МеханическийВальдшнеп".

+ Watcher's Eye (Malev + Clarity)
+ Unnatural Instinct
+ Eldritch Knowledge (Corrupted Blood immune)

"
domfol wrote:
Noob here. Really enjoying this build so far!

This build makes it easy to cap all res elemental & chaos, but so far I have 0 phys reduction? Am I missing something or is it more of a "git gud and don't get hit" kind of thing?

Big thanks for the guide :)
Hi

Yes there is not much damage reduction other than not getting hit by obvious one-shotting mechanics.
Sometimes, even the little guys, if you run into 2-3 of them without flasks or without pre-essence draining them, they hit very hard, and sometimes can even probably 3-hit you if they all hit you at once, so play like a squishy mage, and try not to get hit anything pretty much.
"
Deonix_ wrote:
Damage are great, but build feels too squishy. It's okay or am I missing something? You can check character "МеханическийВальдшнеп".

Hi

All your gear looks pretty amazing.

As I was saying above, it is a rather squishy build, I really WISH was there was a way to get more damage reduction without sacrificing damage, however; there is a Chaos Innoculation build you can do with a shield that would make you more tanky, but it is VERY expensive, about 50+-100+ Exalted Orbs, (not even including the gems!) as opposed to this one which is about 10-15 Exalted Orbs, it also does not have near as much damage as the low life, but it is close.

I haven't really made this build yet because it would take a lot of time but I might someday.
Hey guys,

two questions actually. What Gems should be changed for Skitterbots in the Sirus fight

And would another quiver be viable if enough energy shield is already present (around 8300 witchout soul strike)? Would, lets say a rare quiver with chaos dot, dot damage and movement speed be worth the upgrade?

Thanks for the replies
Last edited by Spooner101 on Feb 19, 2021, 4:30:47 PM
"
Spooner101 wrote:
Hey guys,

two questions actually. What Gems should be changed for Skitterbots in the Sirus fight

And would another quiver be viable if enough energy shield is already present (around 8300 witchout soul strike)? Would, lets say a rare quiver with chaos dot, dot damage and movement speed be worth the upgrade?

Thanks for the replies
Hi

We remove Flesh & Stone, and Clarity for Skitterbots in the Sirus fight, and replace the Clarity Gem socket for Summon Skitterbots.

The dodge from Flesh & Stone doesn't help out too much, and from dropping Clarity we just lose a little bit of mana regeneration, but we gain a lot of damage.

Yes, if you would like more damage, the Chaos Damage over time, and Damage over Time Multiplier quiver would give you a ton of damage, it would be very expensive, but if you are looking to min max, if you could get some resist or Energy Shield, it would also be amazing.
Thank you for an awesome build..
However, I have arrived in Act 3, and I do not understand what you want to do w. the skill gems..
Which skills do I use? In which order?

Up until now, I used blight which simply erased everything in my path.. Now I have to use Bane instead? Do I cast Despair and Enfeeble manually?

EDIT: It works properly now.. I had Enfeeble/Despair at a higher level than Bane, which made it not cast w. Bane.
Last edited by Sodomy on Feb 22, 2021, 10:01:04 AM
Thanks for the guide, can you update the tree also?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info