[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

I didn’t realize there were 2 totem build guides that you had. I will definitely run the freezing pulse one instead, since based on the positive comments, that one is superior to this one and can take one to end game
Last edited by Mentoya on Sep 17, 2020, 12:44:34 PM
"
Wallach wrote:

I personally didn't update this guide for 3.11 because I felt like it is harder to justify after the Circle nerfs. I'm sure it is still capable, but in the current game I mostly use Holy Flame Totem to transition into Freezing Pulse totems (or really whatever Spell Totem setup you might prefer).

Alright guess I'll go for the freezing pulse one then, I just thought the flame totem one looked like more fun to play. Also which other spell skills could be recommended to play?
Does projectile speed affect the target acquisition range, or only the distance the projectiles travel?
ign: aan_allein_daishan
It looks like this post is kinda dead.
But I wanted to add that the addition of Vaal RF and Flame Wall is a HUGE boost!
Thanks for the effortless run, I am just coming up on red maps and going strong!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
But I wanted to add that the addition of Vaal RF and Flame Wall is a HUGE boost!
Flame wall works? Ancestral bond doesn't disable it?

I played this build last year, wanted to revisit it some time but lone messenger prices discouraged me. :P
I thought it wouldn't and its not in POB.
BUT I go from killing them in seconds without it, to instant vaporization with it! So yeah, it deals no damage, but it breaks barrels and the totems have an awesome bass drum sound when they are breathing through it! I'm pretty sure it works and I'll put it on a brand if it doesn't :)

My delve strat is to build a fire fort, 6 totems around me, 1 firewall on each side and spin in circle cursing, while watching my feet for shenanigans :)
My RF buddy has joined me in there, its our safehouse :) LOL

And yes, I paid 1ex 25c for lone messenger, but it's worth it!

FINAL EDIT: I forgot, I added VOIDSPHERE to the cwdt/steelskin, it's AMAZING!

Ok, I also noticed that if you drop WoC totems first you can infinite cast HFT and it won't override WoC. So I have been practicing that. However if you drop 4 WoC totems, it overwrites your HFT and you lose damage. It was something I figured out last night and IT HELPS!

We ran a quick lab for a prophecy and my friend got this, turned out I could wear the helmet easy and he could wear mine!

I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Oct 6, 2020, 9:04:53 AM
3.13 update?
3.14?
Sadly, the thread looks dead.
I am, a huge fan of Holy Flame Totems and have been using it for a few leagues, perfecting the performance. Currently it can go up to ~2.5-3 mil Sirus DPS per totem. The greatest thing about HFT is that the upgrade curve for it is very smooth and also most of items that allow you to push to endgame content are pretty cheap. HFT is physical spell damage converted to fire so +all phys gems or phys to spell jewels are dirty cheap - almost nobody uses them.
But I expect this to change this league, because new blood spells have physical damage and they have Physical tag, so many people would want Phys spell related items. Still, it can be a good league starter and you can probably convert it to self-cast Low Life/Mind over Matter mana guardian later if you want to try new skill gems.
I can try to create a HFT build guide I was using if anyone interested.
"
alex_disp wrote:
I can try to create a HFT build guide I was using if anyone interested.
Sure, or at least give POB. :) If Fire BV got rekt by the nerfbat I hope the prices of "phys to fire" stuff will drop, the new phys skills I don't think they can be fully converted (dots cannot convert), so they'll be probably played pure phys to scale the dot.

I might try to play HFT again, getting tired of toxic rain a bit. I wanna try GrunkleBob suggestion with adding flame wall to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info