3.10|Stress-Free PoE| TRIGGER HAPPY |Use Any Items You Want|1 Button Gameplay|Easily Customizable

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for such an amazing league! You were all so kind and helpful to each other. I couldn't have asked for a great group of people to have in this thread. I wish you all the best of 3.11! Thank you for making PoE's community great.

Here's 3.11's updated guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874618.

WELCOME to my TRIGGER HAPPY guide :)!

SHUT UP Wrecker! I JUST WANT TO PLAY! (3.10's guide in one picture)
Ok! Yikes...you could have at least said "please" or something...
With this build you just block everything that comes your way and kill everything with Bladestorm that isn't already dead. It's easy 1 button fun! Everything but your main Attack being automatic! The Atlas will be cleared and you'll have been snacking with one hand the whole time...well, you could use two hands to snack since blocking kills enemies. Here's 3.10's gameplay example video.

My builds don't require any specific/fancy items or mods to play so you can just pick up and play like a good old fashion "dungeon crawler" (SSF). Pure RNG fun :).

*For those with similar limitations to mine, I can play this build on both PC and Console.

(Thanks Tagz for always being willing to figure out the Wiki with me.)

Why My Builds Are the Way They Are
All of my builds revolve around my medical situation and my love of old school dungeon crawling (which in PoE Land we call Solo Self Found). So if you're curious about why I design my builds the way I do (the limitations I revolve around), I explain it all in my One Stop Shop. (I have multiple guides. So some information is easier to explain in one location rather than many.)
A Quick Note Players new to Path of Exile
Welcome! PoE is a really in-depth game. Its million different mechanics work together is so many countless combinations that there really are endless ways to play this game. If you love theory crafting (coming up with different combos of skills and seeing if it'll work out), there is no other game that compares to this one.

For new people trying to learn Path of Exile, it's my opinion that the most efficient way to learn the game is by doing things for yourself; trying things out in-game, reading nodes/mods/skills, and making choices for yourself. I understand that some people look to guides for help progressing in the game, while others are simply looking for a neat idea to try out. It is the intent of all my guides to give people a relaxing way to play PoE (no matter their experience with the game) while also helping new people understand what's going on.

So, when it comes to my guides, it is my goal to help new players learn the game, but learn it in a way that you'll really grasp what's happening on your own. I give direction in my guides, but not many "step by step" directions. Nor do I tell you to do things in a certain order. I give lots of detail but it's to help explain and simplify the mechanics and concepts within the build and have you understand what's going on. My guides aren't intended to be the PoE wiki (but I provide many links to it, so don't worry).

My guides are massive because they completely revolve around helping new players understand what's going on. Just be prepared to discover the game and make some choices for yourself :).

I hope the guides help you have a relaxing PoE experience and also help you learn and love the game as well.

Happy slaying!

(I'll reference my One Stop Shop a few times in my guides. It has some Tips for New Players in there that you may find useful.)

Gem Links
PoE restricts which gems are available to each class until Act 3. Until then you can get some gems for free from quest rewards, purchase some from specific NPCs in each town, or find them as loot.

There are two NPC's that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth in Act 6.

*If I have a level next to a gem, stop levelling that gem at that level. For example: "Tempest Shield (Level 1)". Don’t level Tempest Shield past gem level 1. Otherwise, fully level all gems.

5/6 Link - Main Skill (Socket in your chest)
Bladestorm
- Fortify Support
- Rage Support
- Close Combat Support
- Brutality Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support
Main Skill and Supports Explained (for those that like that stuff)
-Bladestorm - Our main skill. It's quite fancy. We do an attack that hits enemies all around us. It also creates a storm that spins for a bit that also hits enemies. The storms are created by the skill naturally. Bladestorm can have up to three storms active at once. Creating a new storm removes the oldest storm. The skill's storms act differently based on which "stance" we are in. Our "stance" is determined by the "Blood and Sand" and "Flesh and Stone" skills. I'll let you play around with the skills together and see what it's like. To simplify it, Sand Stance is great for almost everything except for hard to kill enemies. Blood Stance is for enemies that take a little longer to kill. Bladestorm's initial attack isn't the strongest, but if your attack and three storms are all hitting the same enemy(ies), you do really high damage.
-Fortify Support - This skill gives bonus damage to Bladestorm and also more gives us Fortify. Fortify gives us damage reduction to ALL Hits (not Damage Over Time).
-Rage Support - This support gives us Rage when we hit an enemy with Bladestorm. Rage is a buff that can stack up to 50x. This support gives bonus damage based on the amount of Rage we have. Rage itself also provides us with more damage, attack speed, and movement speed. So both Rage AND Rage Support give us perks based on the amount of Rage we have stacked.
-Close Combat Support - Gives Bladestorm a huge damage bonus based on how close the enemy is. The farther away the enemy is, the less damage Close Combat gives us. The closer the enemy is, the greater. Even though this skill has some range in Sand stance, it won't be an issue. You really only notice/need the max support from this skill against hard enemies...and you'll be in Blood Stance for that (right next to the enemy) anyway.
-Brutality Support - Gives a huge Physical damage boost at the cost of not allowing us to deal any other type of damage. I've focused largely on physical damage so not allowing elemental damage and/or Chaos damage is nothing.
-If you get a 6 link - Melee Physical Damage Support - This gives lots of extra damage.

4 Link - Extra Damage (Socket in any 4 link)
Riposte
- Close Combat Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support
- Brutality Support
Riposte Details
-Riposte - A Counter-Attack skill that deals damage. You can't activate this skill yourself. Once you socket it in your gear, it'll "trigger" automatically based on its conditions, which is whenever you block.
-Close Combat Support - Gives this skill a huge damage bonus based on how close the enemy is. The farther away the enemy is, the less damage Close Combat gives us. The closer the enemy is, the greater.
-Melee Physical Damage Support - Extra melee damage.
-Brutality Support - Gives a huge Physical damage boost at the cost of not allowing us to deal any other type of damage.

Reckoning
- Close Combat Support
- Brutality Support
- Pulverise Support
Reckoning Details
-Reckoning - A Counter-Attack skill that deals damage. You can't activate this skill yourself. Once you socket it in your gear, it'll "trigger" automatically based on its conditions, which is whenever you block.
-Close Combat Support - Gives this skill a huge damage bonus based on how close the enemy is. The farther away the enemy is, the less damage Close Combat gives us. The closer the enemy is, the greater.
-Brutality Support - Gives a huge Physical damage boost at the cost of not allowing us to deal any other type of damage.
-Pulverise Support - Gives a huge damage boost but also increases our AoE (with this skill). The extra AoE conflicts a bit with Close Combat but you won't notice it. You'll be right beside the rare and unique enemies anyway and that'll nulify the cons you see on paper.

Vengeance
- Maim Support
- Brutality Support
- Pulverise Support
Vengeance Details
-Vengeance - A Counter-Attack skill that deals damage. You can't activate this skill yourself. Once you socket it in your gear, it'll "trigger" automatically based on its conditions, which is whenever you get Hit. That includes either taking damage from a Hit (not Damage Over Time) or by blocking.
-Maim Support - Has a chance 30% to Maim the enemy on hit and gives bonus damage. Maim also slows enemy movement speed (not actions) by 30% for 4 seconds. More importantly, Bladestorm will also do increased damage for a duration after Vengence hits (thanks to Maim). Only one Maim will give bonus damage to Bladestorm so I put in in the Trigger skill that triggers from ALL HITS and hits in a complete circle around us.
-Pulverise Support - Gives a huge damage boost but also increases our AoE (with this skill).

3 Socket - Mana Reservation (Socket in any 3 link)
Pride
Blood and Sand
Flesh and Stone
Mana Reservation Details
-Pride - An aura that reserves 50% of our mana. It makes enemies take extra damage from physical damage, and bonus damage, the longer the enemies stay near us (capping at 4 seconds).
-Blood and Sand
and
-Flesh and Stone - Blood and Sand combines with Flesh and Stone. They work cohesively. Once you turn them both on, switching one will switch the other. When both are active, you can choose between Blood or Sand. While in Sand stance you'll Blind enemies that in the aura, take less damage from those that aren't blinded by the aura, you'll have more AoE, deal 5% less damage, and we'll gain a Challenger Charge per kill (see the Ascendancy section). While in Blood Stance you automatically Maim nearby enemies, make Maimed take increased physical damage, you'll have 5% less AoE, deal 15% more damage, and you'll have a 25% chance to gain a Challenger Charge when you hit a Rare or Unique enemy.
An easy way to be efficient with this odd aura set is to remember how your Challenger Charges work (see the Ascendancy Section). Sand is best against easy to kill enemies while Blood is best against Rare and Unique enemies.

3 Link - For Fun (Socket in any 3 link)
Tempest Shield (Level 1)
- Culling Strike Support
Berserk
For Fun Details
-Tempest Shield (Level 1) - Keep this gem at Level 1. Don't level it. There is no value to levelling this skill as it's Block Chance and duration don't improve when levelled. I love this skill. It's so fun to actually incorporate this old-time favourite of mine into a build that it actually coincides well with. Tempest Shield increases our Block Chance but the fun thing about it is that once you cast it, it'll strike back the enemy (and chain to one more enemy) that hit it. It's like a trigger skill above except it's a Spell and it needs to be cast. Every block refreshes the duration though, so that's nice. So this gem is just to up our block chance and cast Culling Strike Support :).
-Culling Strike Support - This support gives Tempest Shield a little more value ;). If Tempest Shield hits an enemy with 10% or less health, the enemy dies.
-Berserk - When you activate Berserk, it'll start consuming your hard-earned Rage Stacks. But it'll give you a buff until your Rage is gone (good in boss fights). While the buff is active, you get more attack damage, attack speed, movement speed, and take less damage.
Gear
This is my setup if you're interested. I play the same as the guide unless I'm testing something out.

USE ANYTHING YOU WANT! - Welllll...Bladestorm requires an Axe or Sword annnnnd the blocking nodes on the tree that I selected are for Shields...sooooo...you do need a one-handed Axe/Sword and Shield. Other than that, ANYTHING YOU WANT ;).

If you’re new to PoE, check out my One Stop Shop. It gives lots of help and tips on gear, mods, currency, levelling, and endgame mapping. Some good to know stuff that you'd hate not knowing.

- Weapon - Any One Handed Axe or Sword.
- Shield - Anything Shield you like.
- Head - Anything you like.
- Chest - Anything you like.
- Hands - Anything you like.
- Feet - Anything you like.
- Amulet - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Belt - Anything you like.
- Jewel - Anything you like.
- Flasks - Anything you like. I simply use 4 health flasks (all modified to remove bleeding) and Quicksilver/Quartz Flask that removes Chill/Freeze.

***Now don't go being a Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins and think that because this build doesn't require anything specific that you can go and melt end game content with crap gear. Crap gear will clear crap content while amazing gear will clear amazing content. My build/guide style just allows you more freedom to get there...m'kay?

My Dream Mods
Here's an example of some of the mods and gear I'd eventually aim for. Since this is Path of Exile, there are obviously a million different combos of mods that would work for any build. So don't think that this is the best or only combo of mods to aim for. This is just my preference for "non-fancy" gear as an example of what I'd aim for Endgame. So these aren't influenced, Delve specific, Essence mods, or anything. Just easy crafting or normal rolls. So obviously you can maximize this even more. Also, these are unrealistic goals as all these mods are tier 1 rolls. (The # at the beginning of each mod is the item level that T1 mod starts rolling at. The # at the beginning of each item is the map level that base-type starts dropping at.) Anyway, here you go:

(71) Runic Hatchet:
Implicit:
Prefix:
- (83) - (170–179)% increased Physical Damage
- (77) - Adds (20–27) to (41–49) Physical Damage
- (83) - (75–79)% increased Physical Damage/+(175–200) to Accuracy Rating
Suffix:
- (77) - (26–27)% increased Attack Speed
- (84) - +(46–48)% to Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance
- (81) - +(31–35)% to Chaos Resistance

(64) Ezomyte Tower Shield:
Implicit: - +(30-40) to maximum Life
Prefix:
- (73) - +(100–109) to maximum Life
- (81) - (29–33)% increased Global Physical Damage
- (62) - +(43–95) to Armour/+(29–33) to maximum Life
Suffix:
- (85) - +(7–8)% Chance to Block

Helmet:
Prefix:
- (64) - +(90–99) to maximum Life
- (62) - +(43–95) to Armour/+(29–33) to maximum Life
- Something Fun :)
Suffix:
- Something fun :)

Chest:
Prefix:
- (86) - +(120–129) to maximum Life
- (62) - +(96–120) to Armour/+(34–38) to maximum Life
- Something Fun :)
Suffix:

(70) Spiked Gloves (Only drops in the Glennach Cairns region):
Implicit: - (16-20)% increased Melee Damage
Prefix:
- (54) - +(80–89) to maximum Life
- (46) - +(21–42) to Armour/+(24–28) to maximum Life
- (28) - Adds (4–6) to (9–10) Physical Damage to Attacks
Suffix:
- (76) - (14–16)% increased Attack Speed

Boots:
Prefix:
- (46) - +(21–42) to Armour/+(24–28) to maximum Life
- (81) - (18–20)% increased Movement Speed/Cannot be Chilled
Suffix:

(8) Gold Amulet:
Implicit: - (12-20)% increased Rarity of Items found
Prefix:
- (76) - Adds (11–15) to (22–26) Physical Damage to Attacks
- (84) - (25–28)% increased Rarity of Items found
Suffix:
- (75) - (21–26)% increased Rarity of Items found

(80) Steel Rings (Only drops in the Lira Arthain and Tirn's End regions):
Implicit: - Adds (3-4) to (10-14) Physical Damage to Attacks
Prefix:
- (44) - +(70–79) to maximum Life
- (44) - Adds (6–9) to (13–15) Physical Damage to Attacks
- (84) - (25–28)% increased Rarity of Items found
Suffix:

(1) Rustic Sash:
Implicit: - (12-24)% increased Global Physical Damage
Prefix:
- (64) - +(90–99) to maximum Life
- (5) - (10–20)% increased Flask Life Recovery rate
Suffix:

Flasks:
(60) Divine Life Flask or (65) Eternal Life Flask:
Prefix:
- (2) - +(10–20) to Maximum Charges
Suffix:
- (8) - Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect/Removes Bleeding on use
(27) Quartz Flask:
Implicit: Phasing/10% chance to Dodge Attack Hits/10% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
Prefix:
- (2) - +(10–20) to Maximum Charges
Suffix:
- (4) - Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect/Removes Freeze and Chill on use

Attack skills, such as Bladestorm, are based on what's called local modifiers. This means that the mods on the item that affect damage are only applied to the damage rating of the weapon. You'll notice Attack skills always reference the Attack Damage of a weapon and that's what the skill bases its damage on. On the Bladestorm gem it says, "Deals (105-120)% of Base Attack Damage." The stat on your weapon that your gem is referring to is the Damage listed at the TOP of the weapon itself. The way to increase that damage is by coupling 2 local modifiers (both are prefixes):

- Flat Physical Damage (an example of the mod is: adds 16 to 28 Physical Damage).
- a % increase of the same damage type (175% increased Physical Damage).

Without BOTH mods, the item will not have anywhere near the amount of physical damage that it could/should.
Now, both of those mods are Prefixes. So if a weapon that you're looking for drops, check the total damage output of the weapon but also check to see if both physical mods we want rolled on it. If not, IF the weapon has a free prefix slot, you could add the other physical damage prefix to it and increase the weapon's damage. (See the Tips for New Players link...you'll get used to mod tiers if you take your time). Also, don't forget to increase the quality of your weapon if you're keeping it for a while. (Those two mods are considered "local modifiers" because they are only affecting the damage that the weapon itself puts out. Having something like "12% increased Physical Damage on your belt would be a global modifier because the belt doesn't do damage.)

Weapon Mods to look for:
- Anything that improves Physical Damage on Attacks.
- As mentioned above, you want both the:
- increased % to physical damage AND
- increases to flat physical damage
- Anything that improves Attack Speed
- Any other minor thing that helps (resists, leech, attributes...). This isn't important. It's just a bonus.

Weapon Mods to Ignore
- Accuracy mods will be pointless once you select Resolute Technique on the Passive Tree.
- If you decide to stick with Brutality, improving any non-physical damage is pointless.

Your goal on the rest of your gear is:
- Increases to Maximum life
- Increases to Resists
- Increases to Movement Speed (Typically on Boots)
- Any mods that you were looking for on your weapons

Filters:
- I make my own filters AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOVE THEM! Just kidding...but they are awesome. They will make looting a MUCH more relaxing experience. They only filter gear. So if you don't want to miss out on ANY currency these are perfect for you. One filter is guide specific (it only displays gear relevant to all my guides) and the other is a global filter for any build. Details for each tier of each filter are within the filters themselves. Both the "Guide Specific" and the "Everyone" filters are available on all platforms. If you click "Follow" next to the filter that you want, it'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you login! And it automatically updates upon each login as well!
Passive Tree
Here's 3.10's Passive Tree:

3.10's Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/3rhjd6qA - Pastebin for Path of Building. (Copy the link, open Path of Building, click on “New”, then click “Import/Export Build”, click “Import from Pastebin…”, paste the link.)
- 3.10's Passive Tree on PoE's Webiste

Ascendancy
As you go through the game you'll come across Trials of Ascendancy. Starting in Act 3 you'll see their value. Once you have completed all 6 of the first set of trails, you'll get to attempt your first Labyrinth (lab). Good luck! Upon completion Choose Gladiator. You get two ascendancy points per lab. There are four labs for a total of 8 points. (Redoing the same lab difficulty will not reward you with more ascendancy points if you've already completed it.)

You can spend your points in any order you like. My preference is as follows (defense first):
- 1st Two Points - Painforged. Busy little guy. You get block chance if you didn't block a hit, extra damage if did block, you can't be stunned if you blocked a hit (that's a biggie), but sexiest of all...your counter attacks (Riposte, Reckoning, and Vengeance) deal double damage :).
- 2nd Two Points - Versatile Combatant. This node fixes our spell block chance. With this node, our block chance for spells always equals our attack block chance. Our max spell block chance also increases with the max attack block chance.
- 3rd Two Points - Violent Retaliation. Lots of goodies here. This increases our maximum chance to block from the normal 75% cap to 79%, we get increased Physical Damage for each block in the last 10 seconds (bonus damage while clearing), lots of damage if we've blocked damage from a Rare or Unique enemy in the past 10 seconds (good for boss battles), and additional block chances for each block we've done in the last 10 seconds.
- 4th Two Points - Arena Challenger. This skill revolves around Challenger Charges which can only be earned with this node. Challenger Charges improve your attack and movement speed by 2% per node, capping at 10 nodes (20%). This is the skill that simplifies the Blood and Sand aura set. IF you care to switch between those auras/stances and guarantee your 10 Challenger Charges, use Sand Stance to kill Normal and Magic enemies, and Blood Stance to kill Rare and Unique enemies.
Delirium Clusters
I haven't included any outside jewel sockets in the provided tree. This is on purpose though. Though most people play League, not everyone does. Delirium clusters are league specific. The solution that I decided is that people can choose which 3 passive points from the provided tree to sacrifice to get the jewel socket node based on their playstyle and drops (it'll be different for everyone). There are so many different types of jewels that can drop or be crafted that it really is a process of preference. Very few nodes on the passive tree are "required" nodes for the build to function. So most of the provided tree is can be easily sacrificed and made up for in the cluster system.
We start as a Duelist because we want the Gladiator Ascendancy (subclass) and starting as the Duelist is the only way to get there. The Gladiator gives us tons of additional blocking and lots of bonus offence and defence for when we do and don't block.

Levelling Path:
You can go in any direction you want. No matter which branch you decide to complete first, you'll be selecting important nodes. Unfortunately, all the nodes are important. There is a mana leech node that you'll find VERY valuable. On the left is Resolute Technique which means we have a 100% hit chance with our Attacks. Everything else is increasing damage, life, and block chance. So there isn't a wrong direction to go, just don't forget to include life as you're going for everything else.
The tree takes you to level 91 which will be easily achieved with this build. If you make it past 91, pick any nodes you like!

Tree Focuses:
- Block Chance - The higher our block chance, the better our build. We don't get every blocking node, so we won't be over-capped by much. Most of the nodes will be for blocking Attacks. We will pick an ascendancy node that will make our Spell Block Chance equal to our Attack Block Chance.
- Fortify Improvements - I took some Fortify improvement nodes the tree offered as we'll be in the middle of battle, wanting to get hit, as much as possible.
- Leech - There's a little bit of life and mana leech on the tree. Even though it's one node, it is HUGE for us.
- Life and Damage - I've heard they help.
- Jewel - Jewel slots are amazing. Jewels are items you can find that you can actually allocate on your tree. They can give almost anything from health, damage, resists...anything. We only have one jewel slot selected :(. I'd love to put more in, many other guides would. But I don't have the ability to remember what each of my builds needs if a decent jewel drops while I'm playing. And I don't have the ability to focus on 7 jewels per build are remember what I'm doing. So one is plenty enough for me.

Don't forget about attributes. The tree provides all the attributes we need for our skills. You'll pass some nodes on the tree that give +30 Attributes. If you don't have items to cover what you're short in, feel free to select some of these as you pass them. You'll get respec points that will let you remove them later once you have better gear. We need a very small amount of Intelligence but you may need it on gear for a bit.

Now, feel free to modify this is anyway. This is just my preference for easy Solo Self Found.

Take your time to look at each skill as they come along. Some of the nodes are pretty dramatic.

Some quests earn you respec points in case you regret any decisions you made on the tree. You can also use Orbs of Regret for the same thing.
Pantheon
Pick anyone you want. Personal preference for your playstyle is best.

The ones I chose are:
- Major God: Soul of Lunaris - It seems to work perfectly since we plan on being in the middle of every fight. It gives up to 8% physical damage reduction and movement speed based on how many enemies are around.
- Minor God: Soul of Gruthkul - Up to 5% physical damage reduction for each hit taken within the last 4 seconds. Blocking is getting Hit for 0 damage.
Bandits
With the Bandits in Act 2, I kill them all for the extra 2 skill points. You, of course, do what you like.
Attributes
The passive tree will give you every attribute you need. But you may still need some gear to help you out as you level. Feel free to take the +30 attribute nodes if you're struggling to find gear to help you level. You can always respec in small amounts later.

Gameplay (How the Build Functions When It's All Setup)
This build is really easy to play. Sooooo easy.

Quick Version: Get as close as you can to the enemy and attack. Everything else is automatic! Blocking. Rocks. My. Socks. :)

The Detailed Version: Enter a map and turn on your auras (Pride, Blood and Sand, and Flesh and Blood) and Tempest Shield.
-Move to any enemy and attack. That's it!

What's Happening in the Background:
-Fortify will "always" be on since it's linked to our main skill.
-Your Trigger skills will attack automatically and deal damage when you block and/or get hit (whether or not you block) (depending on the trigger skill).
-The more you hit, the faster you attack and move thanks to Rage, Rage Support, and Challenger Charges (up to a cap of course).
-You will eventually have a block chance of 79% for all spells and attacks that Hit (so you can't block Damage Over Time).
-You will be leeching mana and life from enemies when you hit them, which means you won't be leeching when you're not hitting them. The storms from Bladestorm leech for you as well.
-Bladestorm will do a little bit more bonus damage to enemies that Vengeance has hit (because of Maim).
-You have a chance to generate Endurance Charges when you kill.
-Tempest Shield will hit two enemies every time you block. If those enemies have 10% or less health, they will die when hit by Tempest Shield.
-We can't regen life. We can only leech it (thanks to Vaal Pact).
-You can hit Berserk anytime for bonus damage.

See? Easy! Everything is kinda automatic.
Media (Videos/Filters/Tools/Links/Social Media)
- Videos?:
- Here's 3.10's Gameplay Example Video.
- My Trigger Happy playlist shows my most recent sessions with the build.
- My broadcast channel. Mixer keeps the last 14 days worth of broadcasts.
I don't always play awake, but I'd rather play than not :).

Filters:
- I make my own filters AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LOVE THEM! Just kidding...but they are awesome. They will make looting a MUCH more relaxing experience. They only filter gear. So if you don't want to miss out on ANY currency these are perfect for you. One filter is guide specific (it only displays gear relevant to all my guides) and the other is a global filter for any build. There are four tiers of strictness per filter. Details for each tier of each filter are within the filters themselves. Both the "Guide Specific" and the "Everyone" filters are available on all platforms. If you click "Follow" next to the filter that you want, it'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you login! And it automatically updates upon each login as well!

Social:
- Forever Exiled - A Path of Exile Podcast is a PoE podcast hosted by both Tagz and myself. We talk about everything Path of Exile...and only PoE. If you're looking for a podcast run by casual gamers but lovers of PoE, feel free to check it out!
- My Twitter. I only use my twitter account to give updates on PoE stuff like my guides and filters. I don't use Twitter for anything personal. So if you want updates about when guides are done or filter corrections have been updated, feel free to follow.

Software:
- PoEMate - My primary build planning tool. It's mobile. (If the link doesn't work in your area, just search PoEMate in your mobile store. Hopefully it's available in your region. Every league it's updated faster than any other tool I use.)
- Path of Building - The desktop character planner everyone else uses, and me too of course.
- Yolo Mouse - If you have a hard time keeping track of your mouse during gameplay, try this out. I use it for all my PC games and I'd die 100x more in PoE if it wasn't for this little program.

Build Links:
- 3.10's Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/3rhjd6qA - Pastebin for Path of Building. (Copy the link, open Path of Building, click on “New”, then click “Import/Export Build”, click “Import from Pastebin…”, paste the link.)
- 3.10's Passive Tree on PoE's Webiste
The guide continues below.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 19, 2020, 3:03:09 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2020, 3:58:14 AM
Levelling
SHUT UP Wrecker! I JUST WANT TO PLAY! (3.10's guide in one picture)
Ok! Yikes...you could have at least said "please" or something...
In my opinion, there are two types of "levellers" in PoE:

1. The first is a player that knows the game well enough that, no matter the guide/build, they have no need for direction.
2. The second is a player that wants to be able to level like the person I just mentioned.

Though newer PoE players may find PoE daunting, I feel the most efficient way to learn PoE is to make decisions for yourself. I think you'll be surprised how quickly you catch on to each mechanic you start playing with. So this section won't be about holding your hand and giving you a step by step process. It'll guide and encourage you to choose between the pros and cons your character will constantly face...while levelling and selecting gear. I know, I know, you hate me. But maybe you'll thank me later? Maybe?

(Remember, I have some tips for new players in my One Stop Shop that'll help in the overall PoE experience that any levelling process will benefit from. Below are tips for levelling this character, not general levelling tips.)
Where to Get All the Gems You'll Need
There are two NPCs that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth in Act 6 (Do her quest in Act 6).

Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Reward - Level 4 - Blood and Sand
Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Purchase - Level 4 - Reckoning
Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Purchase - Level 4 - Riposte
Act 1 - The Caged Brute - Reward - Level 8 - Maim Support
Act 2 - Intruders in Black - Reward - Level 16 - Flesh and Stone
Act 2 - The Root of the Problem - Reward - Level 16 - Tempest Shield
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Reward - Level 18 - Rage Support
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Culling Strike Support
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Close Combat Support x3
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Melee Physical Damage Support x2
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Reward - Level 24 - Pride
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Purchase - Level 28 - Vengeance
Act 3 - Sever the Right Hand - Reward - Level 28 - Bladestorm
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Reward - Level 31 - Fortify Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 31 - Pulverise Support x2
Act 4 - Breaking the Seal - Purchase - Level 34 - Berserk
Act 4 - The Eternal Nightmare - Purchase - Level 38 - Brutality Support x4

(Let me know if you see any errors in the list.)
Which Quests to Do?
- I suggest doing every quest in the game. It doesn't take too much longer and you'll get some nice bonus gear to help the SSF process. For those that just want to rush to the Endgame, here's a link to all the quests that give Passive Points as a reward. You don't want to miss those.

Bandits
- With the Bandits in Act 2, I kill them all for the extra 2 skill points. You, of course, do what you like.

The Lord's Labyrinth
- Here's a list of all the lab trials for the first three labyrinths (the trials for the fourth lab are found randomly in endgame maps).

How to Level the Build
What Skill Should I Use Until Bladestorm is Available
- Our main skill, Bladestorm, doesn't become available until level 28. Until then, use any Physical Damage Melee Attack you like. I suggest a Melee skill that is 100% physical and has an AoE but it's a matter of playstyle instead of best. 28 will come quick enough. I prefer Ground Slam and/or Sunder but use whatever you like.

Passive Tree
You can go in any direction you want. No matter which branch you decide to complete first, you'll be selecting important nodes. Unfortunately, all the nodes are important. There is a mana leech node that you'll find VERY valuable. It's right next to Vaal Pact. Vaal Pact is strong but not as important as the life/mana leech node under it. On the left is Resolute Technique which means we have a 100% hit chance with our Attacks. Everything else is increasing damage, life, and block chance. So there isn't a wrong direction to go, just don't forget to include life as you're going for everything else. But You should prioritize those two mentioned nodes.

Honestly, everything else is really easy with this build. Most of the skills you need come naturally through campaign progression, most notably the trigger skills. As you fill out each branch in the passive tree you'll get a nice balance of damage, life, and block chance. You'll get all the attributes you need as well but you may want to look out for some +30 nodes (that you can later respec out of) if you are short on some attributes based on the branches you've chosen. It's really the easiest build to level.

I think the only thing to keep your eye on is a one-handed sword or axe that has better damage than the one you have. As I'm sure you know by now, Attack skills base their damage based on weapon damage. So that's the only thing to not be complacent about.
Build Mechanics Explained for New Players
Blocking/Getting Hit
We can only block HITS. Damage Over Time cannot be blocked. The majority of nodes we select on the tree are for blocking Attacks. The Gladiator has an ascendancy node that makes our spell block chance equal our attack block chance.

Blocking an attack means that we get hit, but take no damage. It's not damage mitigation, it means we take 0 damage no matter the size of hit. So if you see a mod or node that says "on hit", it'll apply to our build. Keep in mind that there is a 21% chance of getting hit though.
Challenger Charges
Challenger Charges are a unique type of charges (just like Endurance, Power, and Frenzy Charges) that are exclusive to the Gladiator. We gain them from the Arena Challenger ascendancy node. They are directly tied to the Blood and Sand aura. Challenger Charges differ from the other charge types in that the cap for our charges is 10 (instead of 3 (or more with investment)). Having 10 charges gives us 20% increased Attack and Movement Speed.
Leech
Leech is a method of getting life and/or mana back from hits you inflict. The amount of life/mana you get in return from the hit is based on the nodes you select on the tree or mods on your gear. Leeched mana/life does not get returned to you instantly. It comes back at a specific rate. That rate can be increased with nodes on the tree as well. It is quite easy to get life/mana leech to exceed our leech rate, therefore wasting some nodes on the tree. I use tools like PoEMate, PoEPlanner, or Path of Building to see if I've exceeded whichever rate.

I have not put any focus on leech rate with the exception of Vaal Pact...but Vaal pact is HUGE. Vaal Pact doubles the amount of life leech we can get along with doubling the rate we earn it. BUT it also means we can't regen life in any way. (Regen is not "Recover". Our flasks will still work.)
Rage
Rage is a buff that we get via Rage Support. Keep in mind that Rage and Rage Support are two different things (though they do work together). Rage is a buff that gives us Attack Damage, Attack Speed, and Movement Speed. Rage Support gives us the ability to earn Rage, but also gives us further boosts when we have Rage. (There are many ways to earn Rage in PoE. But we've chosen Rage Support as our method to get it.)

Rage stacks up to 50 times. You lose stacks of Rage slowly if you don't hit someone with an attack within a short period of time.

So in other words, Rage gives us bonuses, and then Rage Supports gives us bonuses on top of those bonuses. (And you get even greater bonuses when Berserk is active.) Stack it up! :)
Endgame Mods to Avoid
At the end of the game, the levels (maps) you try and clear will have random modifiers (mods) allocated to them. There are A LOT of mods that can go on a map. There will be a few map mods you want to avoid.

Avoid maps that:
- Reflect Physical Damage
- Can not Leech Mana/Life
- Reduce Block Chance - You can actually run this, just remember that you'll be blocking at 42% instead of 79% in red maps. (We're over-capped by 3). So it's just a different mentality. I never remember to play "differently" so I just avoid it. (While making this build I tried to over-cap our block chance so that we could run this mod, but I couldn't deny the damage this build did in comparison.)

Over time, with the million other map mods that can roll, you'll learn which mods you prefer to run or not.
My Filters
Oh my goodness! A link! You should click on it. Definitely. WOW! Look at all those pretty green FOLLOW buttons. You should press them all ;).
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wrecker_of_Days/item-filters

I LOVE FILTERS! So, I make my own filters! THEY ARE AMAZING ;). For me, making filters is just as fun as playing Path of Exile. If you're looking to cut down on the amount of garbage on your screen but don't actually want to miss anything, my filters are right up your alley. They only filter equippable items. Everything else will show. I've made two types of filters:

1 - A filter that only shows gear relevant to my guides.
2 - A filter for everyone that's relevant for all builds.

Each of the above filters has 4 tiers of strictness you'll want to Follow:

1. Starting Off (Used for levelling until you're mapping comfortably.)
2. Tops-84s-Fancies-Atlas (Used when you are only looking for the top bases of each class.)
3. 84s-Fancies-Atlas (Used when you only care about gear item level 84+.)
4. Fancies-Atlas (Used when you only want Fancy gear like Atlas Drops, Influenced gear, etc.)

The descriptions of each are on the filter page, with all the details you want, explained within.

(Because I have two filters (2), each with four tiers(2*4=8), posted for all 3 platforms (2*4*3=24), my filter list is quite large. So just be sure you're Following the filters you want for the platform you want. It's easy to mix it up with a list that large.)

Please let me know if you have any feedback or see any errors you may find within the filters...otherwise, I hope they enhance your PoE experience!

If my filters interest you, once you've clicked on the provided link, click "Follow" next to the filter(s) that you want. It'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you login AND it automatically updates upon each login as well!
Forever Exiled - A Path of Exile Podcast
https://foreverexiled.com/

If you're looking for a Podcast that's 100% Path of Exile, my buddy Tagz and I have exactly that! A podcast that is 100% about Path of Exile! We put out an episode once a week and talk about all things Path of Exile 100% of the time.

Tagz started playing Path of Exile 100% of the time in Beta (April 2012) and I started playing Path of Exile 100% of the time in 2014. We play Path of Exile completely different, 100%. (His ways suck 100%, mine don't...100%. (In other words, he crushes Path of Exile 100% and I hate him for it...100% true.))

If you check out the podcast, let us know what you think. We've grown like crazy! 100% Serious. It's insane. So the more feedback we get the better.

Thanks 100% for the listens!
Awesome. So if you have any questions let me know and I'll respond the best I can. Don't feel embarrassed. Ask anything you like. It's easy to miss/overlook details in the guide or on the wiki. Likely someone else wants to know the answer too :). (I likely won't have time to evaluate characters (sorry!) but I've listed in general what mods to look for on your items so you know what to look for and improve upon. Don't forget to check my One Stop Shop for tips if you're new too.)

Replies: Feel free to respond to other players' posts! The more that's out there, the more we learn. Please be kind, respectful, and theoretical (not a Know-It-All) when helping others out. I will happily respond to questions but please note that I have multiple guides and I'd like to respond to each equally. I’ll do my best to get back to you as quickly as possible but set your expectations that I'll respond to each guide once a week. (Too much time responding to guides makes an unhappy spouse...an unhappy spouse means less time for guide replies...less time for guide replies makes an unhappy me...Unhappy spouse + unhappy me = an epic hockey fight with sweet uppercuts which I would obviously lose...a lost hockey fight against my spouse = busted hands that I can't type with, no teeth to voice type with, and black eyes that I can't read with. So one build a day, m'kay? K.)

Here's a list of my OTHER GUIDES if you're interested :).

OH! Don't forget, to support GGG by buying a skin for all your favourite skills you use. They last forever, you look rad, and it keeps PoE going too :).

Double OH! I make a new thread every league for every guide I do. So all the comments, questions, and answers you read are all relevant for this current expansion. (At the end of a league I post links in the previous guide to guide players to the newest rendition of the build.)

Tripple Oh! Please let me know if you see any errors. I'll fix them as soon as possible!

Change Log (for returning players)
- I included a blurb on what to do about Delirium Clusters.

That's honestly it. 3.10 didn't change this build at all.
K. Done. Happy gaming :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 16, 2020, 1:47:21 AM
I played 3.9 Metamorph, returning to PoE for the first time since 2013, and I ended up using this build to get back into the game. It's an excellent build for anyone who is starting out, that will take you into the endgame with a minimum of trouble or fuss and give you the opportunity to learn a lot of PoE's complex endgame without being a victim of that complexity. I'm going to change it up and try something different for 3.10 Delirium, but if you're in a position of coming back to the game and looking for a build that's fairly safe and simple but will get you some fun experience, this is a great choice.
How we can subtitude cyclone instead of bladestorm?
What is dead may never die!
I'm wondering, why do you create a new thread, if you have already older versions of the build, where questions were asked and answered?

Why the hassle with that all over again?

Just edit the previous build guide, and if you want a snapshot, do it in a reply or so as quote or what ever.

Just saying.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
So how are we getting mana with this? Using the three auras I can cast one bladestorm and that's it, and that's with the life an mana leech node taken.
Last edited by banthom on Mar 12, 2020, 6:21:50 AM
"
banthom wrote:
So how are we getting mana with this? Using the three auras I can cast one bladestorm and that's it, and that's with the life an mana leech node taken.

What I do is early on I use MANA FLOWS right at our starting position until I no longer need to use that node (equipment etc...)

Last edited by Yipp on Mar 12, 2020, 7:23:41 PM
This build also have +40 mana on block, so that sustains mana quite well in an actual fight.

Wrecker, you forgot to put the 3.9 build in the build history (though I can't actually spot any differences)

Still tinkering with a variant that drops the ranger nodes...not sure if its better or worse...(less raw damage and HP, but more armour, fortify boosts, resists etc.)
Wrecker, thank you for creating/keeping your builds, I really appreciate how they make the game so much more enjoyable. As an old slowpoke, that makes a huge difference to me.
Now, after over 9000 hours in LibreOffice I have all that I need to face the new league...

To those asking about mana, how about picking up either Spirit Void or Essence Sap notables? A ring with 50% increased mana regen barely made any difference when I tried to spam Bladestorm, but a sword with a little mana leech was noticeably more efficient.
Spoiler
In case someone's interested in the mentioned items...

Mana leech is utterly busted in this game and can never be repaired because of the simple reason that damage out-scales mana costs by several factors.

Even with (somehow) 0.001% mana leech, as you power up your attack the mana gained by a single attack would be higher than the mana cost-and once you hit that point, mana becomes a non-factor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info