Path of Exile isn't a fun game to play anymore, and this is why im quitting

"
colossalaiur wrote:
I am truly amazed by people saying "POE is not fun anymore I quit this crap". I don't know what other games they could possibly "enjoy".

Srsly, for the last two weeks I've been struggling to find a game I can possibly enjoy. Starcraft Remastered is fun and competitive but I'm getting older and it just becomes more and more exhausting so I can only play like an hour. League is basically a extremely long version of slot machine with all of your other lanes being coin flipped and you need to queue for like 10+ mins to even see the results. Also, you can't even talk about it in chat or you will get banned. Other games like darkest dungeons are fine but I've played them a lot before and I don't feel like it. I even spend a lot of my time playing around with POB and reading teaser posts. However, I just find no game that brings me the same level of excitement of POE. It now has become a big problem for me when I quit the league early.

that's a disease. your brain is overstimulated. you lost the capacity to enjoy things. side effect of playing poe the wrong way.
Last edited by Sol_Starving on Mar 10, 2020, 9:24:42 AM
"
Sol_Starving wrote:
"
colossalaiur wrote:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

that's a disease. your brain is overstimulated. you lost the capacity to enjoy things. side effect of playing poe the wrong way.

how is he playing PoE the wrong way?
"
cjimaras wrote:
Lol what a shitty community. I agree with the OP. This game is not fun anymore. If you want to succeed you must be either RMT trader either no lifer. Ggg is not giving a shit for the rest. And no you can't have my staff. Go farm it with your rmting HH.

I found 2 mirrors in the first week of Metamorph. So please , beside RMT and no life , also add RNG .
"
iuiulitza wrote:
"
cjimaras wrote:
Lol what a shitty community. I agree with the OP. This game is not fun anymore. If you want to succeed you must be either RMT trader either no lifer. Ggg is not giving a shit for the rest. And no you can't have my staff. Go farm it with your rmting HH.

I found 2 mirrors in the first week of Metamorph. So please , beside RMT and no life , also add RNG .

omg wtf
Bye
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
That stuff is getting boring. Just leave and stfu
"
OP, I am sorry to see you got bullied into retirement but for me that only means one less to stand in between my way of reaching 100 in SSF HC before anyone else.

You always find a way to sneak in some self-praise. Dunno if sad or admirable. I'll flip a coin every time you make a post like this. Spoiler-alert: from what OP wrote, they never touched HC, or SSF, or anything that isn't trade league. Duh.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Dogbiscuit wrote:
When I first started playing path of exile. it was very relaxing and less annoying like how it is now, surprisingly enough the infamous "one shot" was not as popular as it was back when there was only 3 acts with normal, cruel and merciless difficulties. With the new additions to the game, we find out how bullshit it has become with the concept that if you want to reach level 100, you need to have the best rng possible with drops and have either close or if not the best mirrored gear in the game, cause as far as I am aware this game just ends players interests with unexpected one shots, like what do you except players to do, get 1 billion armour? my RF character has 10k armour and 9k life but gets one shot , "literally" one shot from elder, I didnt know that this game is called "Dodge everything or die" am I playing path of exile or Dark souls here? you tell me, anyways, the game has become a shitfest and reaches no more enjoyment for me, especially with the unseen debuffs, I was once in a map where there was no monsters near me, I was literally just walking to loot items on the map and suddenly I was degening life at an insane speed, I spammed my life flasks but I kept degening and was forced to log out to avoid dying, I hate doing that, cause if the developers just made it clear what Im taking damage from then it would be clear, now before some people come here and say " mAyBe iT wAs cHaOs dAmAgE", it wasn't cause I was specced into CI and if it was bleed, I have a non bleed flask, this game is free to play because they dont care about updating the game overall, they just enjoy shitting out new leagues to gain money from silly cosmetics that players can buy, thanks for the fun this game has provided in the past but Im done with it, Im moving back to World of Warcraft cause atleast when you pay for the subscription, you know what you die from and how to learn from it, unlike this bs one shot ass game.

Paragraphs are underrated. Discuss.
Agree with op. PoE is a fun game, but it more than ever feels like an amateur title. It need testing, balance, and polish.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Well taking a quick look at your RF build i can very easily and quickly see why your are having issues.. you barely have a Starting Version of an RF Jugg thrown together..

You shouldnt be so hard on yourself actually because the fact you made it to 93 with that setup is actually pretty impressive. If you would like to make the build better so you get better results from it you can take a look at mine i run to 98 in Metamorph League (XxNecroTankxX). The most important upgrades you need to look at are the helm and then from there Belt, Weapon, and Amulet. Keep in mind these 3 slots have lots of other options you can use to scale than when i choose such as +1 Fire, Int, Gem levels.

The helm i run is extreme endgame and very hard to craft. But, you can also get by and do ALL content just fine with only a single support mod Helm. Conc or Burning either one. Preferably Conc since you can buy Awaken Burning Support quite cheap for more damage. Just make sure you craft on a helm atleast Ilvl 82 with Horror Essences for the 30% more elemental mod. Thats KEY! Hell for you that alone is a big upgrade with no support mod. If you opt for pure Amour base like i did you may need to socket craft to get the 3B colors. But it is very east to do this and jewelers are cheap.

Any other questions or help message me in game or in private here and i would be glad to help you. If you build it correctly the build is damn near unkillable.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 10, 2020, 2:28:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info