💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Killed Sirus today using this build. Very fun build that reminds me of my old D2 necro days. Thanks for all the work you put into it.
Last edited by Recusco on Sep 25, 2020, 12:58:13 AM
I finished up the FAQ yesterday, so I'll probably be pointing a few people there to save my poor hands from typing so much.

@SpookyDucks - When I told you that I realized my sceptre had the same mod...luckily it only cost 3c and a craft to replace. I prefer arma brand and no avatar - easier to play.

@Badongos - I added new FAQs yesterday, including this one. Check out 16(2).

@PadreBruxo - Your rings are fine - armageddon brand isn't a spell. Minions unfortunately just die a lot without a pile of +1s everywhere. I'm personally using three arena masters due to their buff (it's nerfed from what I wrote - have to update that), but it has 400% life. You will have to turn off sound because they're really annoying. Your character looks good for its budget right now - check out the new FAQ, 16(4) for a few more tips - a large part will be playstyle - you want to play fast.

@Zigiran - Glorious vanity is ~4 ex - it's not affordable while levelling and is a BIG endgame defensive upgade.

@Lazer_Death - Personally I just run really fast and dash everywhere. I've been running 83s, and I don't think I've died in one in the last three days, even at 5k health. Maybe I'll look into recording a video this weekend.

Thanks for the answers decapitatin!

@queebl - Chieftains are still the best damage for skeletons, but I personally dislike their low health - they're still the recommended spectres, but you can use others whenever you want to (I haven't used a chieftain this league, but I have next to no minion life).

@Kandar_ - Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations on the find! The build should easily take you to 90 and beyond!

@Mageofsin - Fair enough, thanks for the comments. It's probably still best to drop them in melee range - less travel time on projectiles.

@ASTRODONGS - If you're okay with manually casting it, then that'd work just fine. Remember the curse limit if you're using another curse though. I'm not sure about knockback as well - people are reporting bugs with enemies getting stuck in walls lately (might just be molten strike though).

@F0r3Sk1n - You should be able to pick up a 3R3B corrupted rare with some life for a few C - when done with it eventually, you can sell it for a divine: that'd add some life. Otherwise, check out my new FAQ - 16(4).

@KlumbStarR - New FAQ which I'm proud of - check out 16(2)!

@V3xati0us - That's the offensive jewel we use though! I'd say vengeful commander/first among equals is ideal for non-crit builds. I have to update the PoB for this.

@Recusco - People seem to think archers are weak compared to warriors - prices are fluctuating on the gem, so I dunno if it's a good idea or not. Of course I'd love the data if you do get them. Grats on the Sirus kill too!

The int amulet is higher than in prior leagues...I used to get them for 1e or so around this time. The good part about one is that you can annoint one without feeling like you got ripped off. If you get one with no other hunter mods on it, you can awakener orb it onto a +1 skellies one later as well.

@Nihilum12345 - Glad to hear! The vanity prices are a bit absurd...never been this high before I believe. I don't think there are any easy ways to get legion splinters this league, and I think people were sleeping on this jewel for a few leagues.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Thank you for the feedback @iLL3aT, but mana regen is not my problem at the moment. My problem right now is that I do not have the mana to use SS when I am using double auras, whether it be hatred with blasphemy or skitterbots. Am I over leveling one of the aura gem or do I need more flat mana?
Last edited by Badongos on Sep 25, 2020, 2:08:57 AM
"
Badongos wrote:
Thank you for the feedback @iLL3aT, but mana regen is not my problem at the moment. My problem right now is that I do not have the mana to use SS when I am using double auras, whether it be hatred with blasphemy or skitterbots. Am I over leveling one of the aura gem or do I need more flat mana?

Your character is private, so I can't take a look - but I suspect you have something linked to either your aura or your curse, that's causing hatred (50%)/frostbite (35%) to reserve more than it should.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Minor Guide Update
-Changed the main PoB a little: Added a few notes, and changed the recommended cluster jewels away from crit (now costs less, and has slightly more damage).
-Added a PoB with none of the "fluff" on the tree - 6(4)
-Added a section for chaos conversion skeletons - Spoilers: They're bad, but I prepared the PoB to have numbers for a talk with my friend. - 14(3)
-Added two FAQs
-Added a video to the crafting guide
Minion Wand Attempt
"
decapitatin wrote:
"
KlumbStarR wrote:
Hey, i struggle a bit with my mana reg.

I have a Mana pool to cast my SS 2-3 times until I run out of mana. Its slowing my mapping speed by a ton..

Any advice?

get yourself a "From Dust" Jewel, makes you summon 8 skellies at once

An enduring mana flask is another solution that helps a lot with mana problems.
"
iLL3aT wrote:

@PadreBruxo - Your rings are fine - armageddon brand isn't a spell. Minions unfortunately just die a lot without a pile of +1s everywhere. I'm personally using three arena masters due to their buff (it's nerfed from what I wrote - have to update that), but it has 400% life. You will have to turn off sound because they're really annoying. Your character looks good for its budget right now - check out the new FAQ, 16(4) for a few more tips - a large part will be playstyle - you want to play fast.

After you recommended bone barrier, i changed to it and it helped quite a lot actually. I still get randomly one shot here and there but i guess that's to be expected with so much bulllshitery going on nowadays.

About the 16(4) i'm 92 right now, i've been delaying redoing the tree from the start while i collect a few more regrets, and while i wait for clusters to go down i've been placing points on life nodes.

I did the first Sirus, it was ok i guess, but not the smoothest by any stretch. Hence why i was asking on what to upgrade next. I'm not too keen on failing the fight and i don't know, i just don't feel strong enough to push the ones coming.

I played mines the last couple of leagues but it was taking it's toll on my hands so i decided to play something different this one. So please excuse me if i'm asking for too much babysitting but i'm kinda lost here.

"
PadreBruxo wrote:
"
iLL3aT wrote:

After you recommended bone barrier, i changed to it and it helped quite a lot actually. I still get randomly one shot here and there but i guess that's to be expected with so much bulllshitery going on nowadays.

About the 16(4) i'm 92 right now, i've been delaying redoing the tree from the start while i collect a few more regrets, and while i wait for clusters to go down i've been placing points on life nodes.

I did the first Sirus, it was ok i guess, but not the smoothest by any stretch. Hence why i was asking on what to upgrade next. I'm not too keen on failing the fight and i don't know, i just don't feel strong enough to push the ones coming.

I played mines the last couple of leagues but it was taking it's toll on my hands so i decided to play something different this one. So please excuse me if i'm asking for too much babysitting but i'm kinda lost here.

The most important thing are +1/+1 wands, my minions were obliterated and the damage wasn't there untill I got that rocking

Kingsmaker on animate guardian also gives you perma fortify which is another less damage taken multiplier

try getting more life on your gear and upping your chaos res, your rings have basically zero life, you can craft it at the crafting bench
"
decapitatin wrote:

Kingsmaker on animate guardian also gives you perma fortify which is another less damage taken multiplier

Let's say i do that, do i lose it later on when i remove the gem from the helmet to upgrade the helmet? I'd also need the 21/0 gem first right?

I'm delaying the expensive guardian but i actually already purchased most of the stuff, i'm only missing the chest, and i'll maybe try to corrupt the gloves on the temple just in case i get something decent.

I'm also res capped and have 11% chaos res too. Fair point on the life though.

About the wand i've been delving a bit trying to find the resonators but no luck so far. Maybe i'll bite the bullet and straight up buy the wand or maybe the resonator.
you think i should switch ff for minions life for my ag? he dies alot, also my spectres die at least once per map what can i do? i cant find anywhere where i can give them an extra slot for minion life

also do you think getting precise commander is worth it if im not taking vicious bites?
Last edited by RabzH on Sep 25, 2020, 11:31:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info