πŸ’€3.15πŸ’€ iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

What's the ideal 6L before triads? Should I just add a maim in until I convert, brutality maybe?

time to try on standard ! lol
Can someone suggest what should I do ?

I have a pair of triad grips, for now I hit them all red and using the fire aura instead of hatred.

They seem to do fine, should I remove grave intention and ravenous hoard and get Redemption and Righteous Army ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
Can someone suggest what should I do ?

I have a pair of triad grips, for now I hit them all red and using the fire aura instead of hatred.

They seem to do fine, should I remove grave intention and ravenous hoard and get Redemption and Righteous Army ?

I did this converted 100% into fire, using Anger with generosity, i`ll buy another triad grip later then can try to reach 4 green
I got lucky and picked up an Archers gem, I tried the linked setup - it was interesting, but damage felt really low. I ended up using Vicious Projectiles over chain while mapping which helped, but it was still much slower than regular skeletons.

I feel like with investment it could be very good (10 skeles + split arrows everywhere), but likely needs a lot more damage scaling in order to clear maps smoothly. Some minion life might be nice also to compensate for the lack of frontline skeles.

This is with terrible league start gear on a <20 gem in high yellow maps so take this with a grain of salt - the gem is definitely fun, and I'm sure the top end can clear all content. I switched to a regular 21 vaal skeles for now though.

I wish I could see Skele Archer damage/stats so I had a better idea of what I'm working with, I haven't figured that out in PoB yet though.

Last edited by ShAd0w3d on Sep 20, 2020, 10:22:13 PM
First off, love the build. Quick question. Is it bad to use a leveled up Frost Bomb in the auto-cast wand for mapping? If you are running through packs it actually lands in useful spots most of the time. And if you are running around bosses you can still generally land it on them. What do you think?
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
That makes sense. I've always used Frost Bomb both for mapping and bossing. It's pretty effective in mapping against certain rares and uniques that can take a beating (ex. Vaal Advocates, Legion/Delirium rares/uniques). I can see using Arma Brand though, as it means I can spam it against anything which would consequently speed up clearing. I'll take a look at it!

Shame about the skelly archer problem. If I happen to find one, I'd be happy to donate as I'm interested in seeing how they function.

Frost bomb has the nice bonus of negating regeneration as well, so it has its perks!

There's one listed at four ex, but that's more than I have right now; no need to donate one - I'll get one later.

@tlambert01588 Play physical skeletons before - check out the six link in the phys skeletons section, 14(2) - I plan to add a league start section telling players to do phys skeletons to start.

@goth31 - Those helms are awesome. The damage is nuts.

@Vendetta & chinsuko - I think phys is better than fire starting out. I haven't checked in a while, but off memory, hatred with fire conversion is still better than anger since skeletons have really high base stats already. Don't remove grave intentions - it's the best node on the tree, but you could consider removing ravenous for now (since it's usually pathed via thread of hope later).

@ShAd0w3d - Thanks for the information! The preliminary information showed that they were quite a bit weaker, but I was hoping they would be different than skeleton archer monsters. We'll have to wait for PoB (probably via poedb) for sure though. With this setup, perhaps an aggresive high life melee spectre can be used to tank (redemption knights?).

@lepyr - Doesn't hurt unless you've already converted fully with triads - in which case you need avatar of fire otherwise you're hurting EE.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
So far so good.. Playing HC and this build is good for not getting smashed by Heist slams.
However, my skeles are squishy AF. And its super hard to roll the clusters so they dont take damage after summoning. Any other tips to keeps them alive a little longer?
Also I got lucky getting 4 greens on my gloves. How important will it be to EE for bigger fights now? ive been focusing on Life notes for now.
Hello!

What u think about this build based on Impale?

https://youtu.be/FP4jYHu02hE

I started it, just hope is not less effective as yours.

Playing with this:

βŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ βŽž ☼ EVIL ☼ βŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ›βŽβŽ›βŽβŽ βŽžβŽ βŽž
Clan ‑Evil‑ (Discord) https://discord.gg/faVmKsP
Last edited by Lazer_Death on Sep 21, 2020, 4:30:41 AM
So predator gem worth it? Are just elemental focus not better? Same multiplayer, but no need to cast predator mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info