💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Just a question why focus on skeletons over zombies?
"
Hyeonchung wrote:
Wich gloves can I use for leveling? Because Triad Grip 4 Green is impossible at the beginning

Haha yeah. holy moly. seems using chromatics to get 4 greens is not possible
"
iLL3aT wrote:
@igalsfy - Levelling trees are largely unchanged since the goal is still the same - go to the minion damage and life nodes. Once you reach maps and have more currency, then that's where more of the customization comes in (jewels, cluster jewels, timeless jewels, thread of hope, etc.). The 3.10 to 3.12 trees are largely unchanged.

@pajlatak - There are levelling trees in 7(4) - they don't have clusters, or any jewels at all.

@sacoroto - Yep, that works. Ele weakness is more offensive, enfeeble/TC for defence

@De_xter - Which PoB isn't working? Someone else mentioned that too. Once I know I'll try to troubleshoot it.

@Nihilum12345 - Ignore Avatar of Fire while levelling - it's only for the extreme endgame if you want to use frost bomb. Levelling trees are in 7(4), near the bottom.

The league starter POB isn't working.

[EDIT]: It works with the POB community fork, no leveling guide though! thanks!
Last edited by mirthfulnga on Sep 19, 2020, 2:13:45 PM
@ejester - Seems the PoB is fork is needed for my PoB, I've had the fork installed for a few leagues now - PoB is pretty unusable without it so it's a good idea to get anyways.

@De_xter - Download the fork from 6(1) - I think that's the issue.

@Hyeonchung - Level with phys at league start. Refer to the physical skeletons section for links.

@Luigo - There are already zombie guides out there, and I don't play zombies.

@Sazzbot - Green triads are considered level two gear since it's hard to color.

@mirthfulnga - Thanks for the confirmation that the fork is required. The levelling guide & levelling trees are in 7(4) - it's too hard to put into PoB and update it throughout leagues.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
So I took a look at your new league starter pastebin. I like that you've already got a setup for the archers (I'm still waiting for PoB to update and show their stats), but I'm noticing that the build overall puts out far less DPS than your old build.

For reference, here's a modified pastebin of the old build: https://pastebin.com/AUAFviEG

It doesn't include any cluster jewels. It uses Skitterbots+Bonechill and Frostbomb instead of Arma Brand + Frostbite aura. Previously the build used Leash of Oblation, but I have removed it on account of the Mistress of Sacrifice nerf.

Without using Bottled Faith, the old build puts out 68m Shaper DPS. Your new league starter version puts out maybe 54m if you use Bottled Faith and used Frost Bomb and Skitterbots+Bonechill plus frenzy and power charges with chieftains. This means your old build is stronger and cheaper than your new one as it doesn't have cluster jewels.

Am I missing something about your new build?

EDIT: Wrong pastebin. Fixed it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 19, 2020, 4:51:34 PM
@Pizzarugi - The main reason for the switch is just that the old build is a pain in the ass to play. Frost bomb timing has to be good for max DPS, and a missed frost bomb on a moving boss means less "real" DPS.

Triple offering requires manual desecrate casts.

The old build also has ridiculous wands - Vortex call was the first prototype of what is now the mirror tier summoner wand. The chest piece is also near impossible to hit, and without the increased offerings, triple offerings (50% -25% from Leash), makes it not useful for the player.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
@Pizzarugi - The main reason for the switch is just that the old build is a pain in the ass to play. Frost bomb timing has to be good for max DPS, and a missed frost bomb on a moving boss means less "real" DPS.

Triple offering requires manual desecrate casts.

The old build also has ridiculous wands - Vortex call was the first prototype of what is now the mirror tier summoner wand. The chest piece is also near impossible to hit, and without the increased offerings, triple offerings (50% -25% from Leash), makes it not useful for the player.

Thanks for the reply!

I can see your point if you reworked the build to be more convenient to use. I will say I have indeed flubbed Frost Bombs rather often. Streamlining the build results in smoother and perhaps more consistent optimal DPS, but it comes at the expense of maximum that you can dish out. The one problem with summoners is that, as GGG adds more leagues with timers such as Delirium and Legion, being slow punishes you. If you functionally can't clear faster like a ranged or caster build can, you have to compensate with overwhelming force. The less hits it takes to kill a tanky enemy, the sooner your skeletons can find something else to attack. While I understand your reasoning behind cutting out finicky abilities like Frost Bomb, I worry about what impact it might have on the overall performance and speed down the line.

Another mistake I didn't take into consideration was the value of the wands such as Vortex Call. By removing the Hatred mod on it plus the offering mod on the chest armor, it's only better than your current version by about 1m (assuming it's still using Frost Bomb and Skitterbots+Bonechill).

I appreciate the clarification and look forward to your skelly archer video.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 19, 2020, 8:26:04 PM
Hi I was wondering if its feasible to take blood magic since we're so close by? It seems we only run hatred anyways.
Freezien
Are you going to be running without vaal skeletons to be able to do archers? Since vaal gems can't have alternate quality.
With hatred/frostbite running I'm left with about 120 mana unreserved. I've got mana regen on one of my rings and am having serious mana problems still, any help appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info