[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

"The "Enduring" modifier on mana flasks now has 30% reduced duration (from 25%) and now also has 30% reduced Amount Recovered. Flasks with this modifier are no longer queued while a stronger effect is active. Instead, the duration will continue to expire with no effect until the stronger flask effect ends or the Enduring flask's duration expires completely."

Does this affect the build very badly?
"
"The "Enduring" modifier on mana flasks now has 30% reduced duration (from 25%) and now also has 30% reduced Amount Recovered. Flasks with this modifier are no longer queued while a stronger effect is active. Instead, the duration will continue to expire with no effect until the stronger flask effect ends or the Enduring flask's duration expires completely."

yeah im also curious about this as well.
@tufferugli

Are you planning make updates according to 3.10 patch?
sorry if I'm a little late in answering these questions, but I was super busy at work.

"
Shinna1989 wrote:
You might want to add a leveling section. Because some people arent familiar how to level a spell caster.

"
Zeros wrote:
Hey, been wondering different starting character than i usually begin with. This build kinda showed its prowess with that "22c project" lol :D
How fast can u start using only Fb+Fn combo? There really no downsides other than mentioned?
So basically we search for spell dmg% gear?

Levelling sections are a pain to write... I did it in the past and you have to take account for EVERY small details and that's super time consuming...

The Ice Nova/Frostbolt interaction NEEDS Spell Echo in order to feel good.
You CAN do it without spell echo and play the combo right as soon as you get Ice Nova, but you don't WANNA do it, trust me.
Without Spell Echo it's super clunky and super not fun.

You gain access to Spell Echo at level 38, so that's when you can start to use the combo.

Before that I usally do this:
lvl 1-11: Freezing Pulse + Frost Bomb
lvl 12-37: Storm Brand + Orb of Storm

But tbh you can level with whatever you like (Storm Brand however is very strong)

"
WARRRRRRR wrote:
What's up man- I respected my templar today and basically have near best in alot gear you recommended. My only question is with the glorious vanity - can you explain what the 5o% of non chaos damage by-passes energy shield means please? Like- does that mean it goes straight through my ES and into my health pool? If so - is the extra 1000 es worth that sacrifice?

It means that half of the damage you take goes directly on life.
That can seems bad, but it's actually good.
Normally damage deplete first all of your es before affecting your life and this is bad because:
1) your life leech doesn't apply until you lose life
2) your mom doesn't work until damage is directed to your life

So you will actually start to sustain EHP while one of your pool (ES) is completely depleted.

with Glorious Vanity, instead, every damage instance is splitted between ES (50%), life (35%) and mana (15%) right away making the sustain of each one easier.

So I honestly don't see it as a sacrifice at all because a would use it even without the extra es (which in my case is 1500).

"
lly1953 wrote:

tbh I don't understand what they have written.
The clear part is that "Queueing" is gone, but imho this shouldn't affect the build very much.

What I don't get is "the stronger effect" clusterfuck. Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't understand what the fuck will happen if I use my mana flask again when I'm already affected by it.

"
Cryogeni wrote:
Hey man!! Lovely build. tested it on standard for 3.10 league start. Any plans on updating it however for for new notables? Think the freeze proliferation notable will be insane for the build?

"
kakarotto94 wrote:
Are you planning make updates according to 3.10 patch?

except for the mana flask thing (that need to be tested tonight) the build was left untouched.

I'm starting 3.10 with this build so I will update the build if I end up making major changes.

notable seems to be worth playing around, but they need testing.

imho the best notable is:
Cold Conduction
Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked
Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled

Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 13, 2020, 3:24:55 PM
Thank you for the answers.
Thank you for the build! :)
I was just about to do something similar.

I use Jewel from 8 passive points, including:
Blast-freeze
Prismatic heart
Disorienting Display

We use only 5 passive points in the new tree:
+ 10% to all Elemental Resistances
75% increased "Damage"
Freezes you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 12
10% chance to Blind nearby Enemies when you use an Elemental Skill
Medium Jewel Socket (+ 2 passive point)

Of course, this is 8 points in the tree, instead of a few points for Cold Conduction ... But in the latter case, the whole trip does not seem so justified. I would add at least Astonishing Affliction to it.

I write it just like that, maybe someone will be interested.

Beyond Mind. Is Sleep To Be Found
Last edited by RayForsten on Mar 14, 2020, 4:17:55 PM
Hey tufferugli,

Very nice guide... i love it.
But i have one question.
Why do u skill Pain Attunenment? We are not on low Life or did i missed something?

thx for your Answer :-)

Regards
Chester
"
xChester02x wrote:

Why do u skill Pain Attunenment?

Sorry, I’ll answer so as not to delay :)

"
Note that Pain Attunement is corrupted via Glorious Vanity so it's actually Corrupted Blood which grants:
50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

Beyond Mind. Is Sleep To Be Found
"
RayForsten wrote:
"
xChester02x wrote:

Why do u skill Pain Attunenment?

Sorry, I’ll answer so as not to delay :)

"
Note that Pain Attunement is corrupted via Glorious Vanity so it's actually Corrupted Blood which grants:
50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

oh man...sry i didnt read it :-/

but thanks for the fast answer!
"
RayForsten wrote:
Thank you for the build! :)
I was just about to do something similar.

I use Jewel from 8 passive points, including:
Blast-freeze
Prismatic heart
Disorienting Display

We use only 5 passive points in the new tree:
+ 10% to all Elemental Resistances
75% increased "Damage"
Freezes you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 12
10% chance to Blind nearby Enemies when you use an Elemental Skill
Medium Jewel Socket (+ 2 passive point)

Of course, this is 8 points in the tree, instead of a few points for Cold Conduction ... But in the latter case, the whole trip does not seem so justified. I would add at least Astonishing Affliction to it.

I write it just like that, maybe someone will be interested.

i'm a slow player so i didn't have reached yet the point to be able to play around with cluster jewel, but some notable seems really good.
it's hard to decide what node to drop in the 3.9 tree though :/

and btw, thanks for answering to chester :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info