[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

The build appears to have 3 different sources of generating Consecrated Ground

1) The ascendency
2) Bottled Faith
3) Zealotry

How does Watcher's Eye decide who provided the consecrated ground if we keep having them over lap, for this mod shown below?

Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take #% increased Damage

Or does that mod mean any source of Consecrated Ground, not just the Zealotry source?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 1, 2020, 2:38:13 AM
How valuable is ES leech?

My Glorious Vanity gives me access to Revitalizing Frost, which is great but in poking around the other nodes, I noticed that it also gives me access to Soul Worship.

Soul Worship grants 12% ES and .3% of spell damage leeched as ES.

This seems like a no brainer to take but it does cost me a massive 5 points to spend so I may have to leave it until very late or maybe trade it for the Doom Cast cluster which seems to be the weakest of the crit mult clusters...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 1, 2020, 4:10:34 AM
"
dunaskmey wrote:
hw does this build mitigate against phys? ur pob shows 8% dmg reduction. Wldnt high lvl content shred u?

not if i shred the endgame before it has the time to shred me :D

"
The build appears to have 3 different sources of generating Consecrated Ground

1) The ascendency
2) Bottled Faith
3) Zealotry

How does Watcher's Eye decide who provided the consecrated ground if we keep having them over lap, for this mod shown below?

Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take #% increased Damage

Or does that mod mean any source of Consecrated Ground, not just the Zealotry source?

yep, any source of Consacrated Ground is valid

"
How valuable is ES leech?

My Glorious Vanity gives me access to Revitalizing Frost, which is great but in poking around the other nodes, I noticed that it also gives me access to Soul Worship.

Soul Worship grants 12% ES and .3% of spell damage leeched as ES.

This seems like a no brainer to take but it does cost me a massive 5 points to spend so I may have to leave it until very late or maybe trade it for the Doom Cast cluster which seems to be the weakest of the crit mult clusters...

es leech is fine (i usually have it on the diamond flask that i use before switching to Bottled Faith), but it's not mandatory because Cinderswallow's Urn helps a lot in sustaining it.
5 points are a lot... not worth imho

as for the explody chest i dunno honestly.
the build has no ways of scaling or converting phys damage so i don't think it will help a lot, but maybe i'm wrong.

great gear btw!
Last edited by tufferugli on Nov 1, 2020, 6:46:42 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:

es leech is fine (i usually have it on the diamond flask that i use before switching to Bottled Faith), but it's not mandatory because Cinderswallow's Urn helps a lot in sustaining it.
5 points are a lot... not worth imho

as for the explody chest i dunno honestly.
the build has no ways of scaling or converting phys damage so i don't think it will help a lot, but maybe i'm wrong.

great gear btw!

Thank you so much for the feed back! I will ignore the ES leech node.

I agree with you about the explody chest, but the other 5 mods seem decent enough so I will keep it and maybe look to upgrade it much later.

@tufferugli in your testing, have you preferred Frost Shield or Arcane Cloak in the Arcanist Brand set up?
I am level 38 now and I made the switch to use the build combo.

Clearing is super natural.

But I don't yet have the cadence for single target. Hopefully with practice I can figure out how often to launch the frost bolts and probably more specifically how far I should stay from the single target.

The Sigil of Power I think is throwing me off. I want to stand in the circle it creates to improve the buff but I think standing in the circle is too close.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Nov 2, 2020, 10:25:46 AM
I made it to level 68 last night and was able to put on most of the core gear.

Wow, Pledge of Hands really is amazing with this build as the guide indicated.

One of my traditions I do for every build when I first get to maps is to see how high a chiseled/alched map tier I can do before dying.

While at level 72 I made it all the way to a tier 11 map before I died to a legion mob. I believe that is the highest tier I have ever got too so early.

It is going to be fun getting this build to the mid 90's.
"
I made it to level 68 last night and was able to put on most of the core gear.

Wow, Pledge of Hands really is amazing with this build as the guide indicated.

One of my traditions I do for every build when I first get to maps is to see how high a chiseled/alched map tier I can do before dying.

While at level 72 I made it all the way to a tier 11 map before I died to a legion mob. I believe that is the highest tier I have ever got too so early.

It is going to be fun getting this build to the mid 90's.

nice to hear :D
yes pledge and ice nova are suepr busted together, it's hard to find a stronger interaction for so little investment...

for istance, i was was studying some builds with shockwave totem using astral projector in order to make one for fun, but the ones that i found (with endgame gear) can't reach the same dps of this build without ANY gear equipped except poh.

as for forst shield vs arcane cloak honestly i don't have made up my mind yet
tearing through AW8 t16 maps now with an occasional death, which is not surprising given I am still in the low 80's for my level.

I think Legion has given me the most trouble. The build wakes up the legion very easily and if the hyper aggressive guys spawn, my frost bolts can't get to them in time.

Other than that one area, everything else has been smooth.

I am still not great on single target, but when I line everything up timing wise, it is a super fast kill and I haven't even added Vaal Rightous Fire to my build yet (I don't want to add any more button presses until I am perfect on single target timing).
"
tearing through AW8 t16 maps now with an occasional death, which is not surprising given I am still in the low 80's for my level.

I think Legion has given me the most trouble. The build wakes up the legion very easily and if the hyper aggressive guys spawn, my frost bolts can't get to them in time.

Other than that one area, everything else has been smooth.

I am still not great on single target, but when I line everything up timing wise, it is a super fast kill and I haven't even added Vaal Rightous Fire to my build yet (I don't want to add any more button presses until I am perfect on single target timing).

yeah legion is probably the toughest thing to face because, like you said, opening them up is super easy, but then you find yourself surrounded by rare mobs that offscreen you :D

the build doesn't have the biggest defenses against phys or chaos, so against legion you have to be on your feet costantly.
don't sit still in legion unless you have frozen the rare mobs you got on screen.

btw, i fully updated the guide to 3.12 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info